PDA

View Full Version : Not sure why this makes me feel better

msstate7
06-11-2016, 10:51 PM
But it does... The sec is getting raped in SR play. Bout to be 1-6 despite hosting all the games. Apparently we won an overrated conference

Bucky Dog
06-11-2016, 10:55 PM
And the ACC was overrated then. VA loses regional and now Miami and Louisville face elimination tomorrow.

weblow
06-11-2016, 10:59 PM
I had this discussion tonight that we wear ourselves out in conference play facing this level of talent each weekend while others play cupcakes all but one or two weekends. Not an excuse but an honest observation. Then we head to the SEC Tourney and do it for days on end.

Just a brutal conference that certainly makes us better but takes its toll at the same time over the season.

Hell of a run from a team that sure as hell didn't appear to be in the conversations before conference play started.

Homedawg
06-11-2016, 11:01 PM
Don't over-analyze a loss or weekend of losses. It happens. We are an elite league. It wasn't, isn't down and I don't care if we do tend up w a team in the cws. This isn't football. Shit happens

Commercecomet24
06-11-2016, 11:18 PM
Don't over-analyze a loss or weekend of losses. It happens. We are an elite league. It wasn't, isn't down and I don't care if we do tend up w a team in the cws. This isn't football. Shit happens

You hit the nail on the head. Anything can happen in a short series in baseball. Best talent in the country is in the sec, just ask MLB scouts.

msstate7
06-11-2016, 11:21 PM
You hit the nail on the head. Anything can happen in a short series in baseball. Best talent in the country is in the sec, just ask MLB scouts.

I'd say acc is right there in talent.

Commercecomet24
06-11-2016, 11:21 PM
I had this discussion tonight that we wear ourselves out in conference play facing this level of talent each weekend while others play cupcakes all but one or two weekends. Not an excuse but an honest observation. Then we head to the SEC Tourney and do it for days on end.

Just a brutal conference that certainly makes us better but takes its toll at the same time over the season.

Hell of a run from a team that sure as hell didn't appear to be in the conversations before conference play started.

I think this has something to do with it. Sec teams play a super regional every weekend during the season, it doesn't happen in other conferences and it's a meat grinder.

Commercecomet24
06-11-2016, 11:22 PM
I'd say acc is right there in talent.

ACC is pretty dang good, yes.