PDA

View Full Version : #Cohening

Coach34
06-11-2016, 09:19 PM
1. Leave Kozy in to face the Lefty who jacks and makes game 5-4 after it was obvious he was done
2. Takes Rook out even though the game was still within reach of 1 big swing
3. Leaves Hump in wayyyy too long when Smith is obviously our closer. He is the only one that can throw a breaking pitch for a strike.
4. Bats Robson 5th to kill inning after inning
5. Let's Smith bat when we all knew a K was coming
6. We don't have anything from the left side to face their run of lefty hitters

holy shit it's hard to watch us

bulldawg28
06-11-2016, 09:21 PM
Stay right here...

Barkman Turner Overdrive
06-11-2016, 09:28 PM
1. Leave Kozy in to face the Lefty who jacks and makes game 5-4 after it was obvious he was done
3. Leaves Hump in wayyyy too long when Smith is obviously our closer. He is the only one that can throw a breaking pitch for a strike.

Yep. This Super Regional loss is all on Cohen.

Pinto
06-11-2016, 09:48 PM
Thanks Cohen

smootness
06-11-2016, 09:48 PM
This board may be the worst I've ever seen when it comes to baseball.

I seen it dawg
06-11-2016, 09:50 PM

Well then carry your ass. Not one person here will miss you.

Coach34
Les Cohen strikes again

Coach007

And he needs a raise! Would hate to lose him.

I seen it dawg
06-11-2016, 09:51 PM
I text earlier today I hope we don't get a panic attack Cohen.

Spiderman
06-11-2016, 09:51 PM
Yep. This Super Regional loss is all on Cohen.

Cohen didn't choke all weekend with RISP, our best did.

Cohen didn't choke with a 1 run lead going into the 9th, one of our best did.

As I said earlier, 89, 13 and now, the moment was too big... and we choked

t45fixer
06-11-2016, 09:52 PM
Cohen is one stupid MoFo.

Coach34
06-11-2016, 09:53 PM
Cohen didn't choke all weekend with RISP, our best did.

Cohen didn't choke with a 1 run lead going into the 9th, one of our best did.

As I said earlier, 89, 13 and now, the moment was too big... and we choked

12 should have never been on the mound in the 9th- that's on Cohen and Mini-Me. You can't have a 1 pitch Closer

K9 Avenger
06-11-2016, 09:55 PM

You are THE biggest ****stick on the planet...you couldn't possibly have any friends at all you ****ing moron.....

K9 Avenger
06-11-2016, 09:56 PM

It ain't just baseball bro...

Eric Nies Grind Time
06-11-2016, 09:59 PM
So is Arizona not getting any credit at all? Great job by them.

Coach34
06-11-2016, 09:59 PM
You are THE biggest ****stick on the planet...you couldn't possibly have any friends at all you ****ing moron.....

lol- I have 4 friends thank you very much

smootness
06-11-2016, 10:00 PM

K, peace.

HoopsDawg
06-11-2016, 10:01 PM

What is one thing he said that you could disagree with? All 6 statements are true statements. I would go so far as to say if Rooker is batting in the 5 hole last night we would have been up 1 game to 0 heading into today.

missouridawg
06-11-2016, 10:01 PM
I'm not going to argue the Rooker mistake at all, cause he should've stayed in.... But this game was lost based on luck to me. All three of the hits to score the run in the 9th were bloop ****ing flukes.

Rigby choked. Hump threw well and ran into some real tough luck. And I wish Houston would've got the ball in the 11th.

But I really don't see how this is on Cohen. His best players didn't make the plays to win tonight.... Couple that with some fluke luck bloop hits... And we lose in extras.

Great run this year.

I seen it dawg
06-11-2016, 10:02 PM
It ain't just baseball bro...

Go with smootness ****stick. Click a ****ing ad on your way out.

smootness
06-11-2016, 10:04 PM
What is one thing he said that you could disagree with? All 6 statements are true statements. I would go so far as to say if Rooker is batting in the 5 hole last night we would have been up 1 game to 0 heading into today.

The guy who went 0-3 with 2 Ks last night?

This is what I'm talking about.

Sorry, didn't mean to post again. I'm gone for good now.

Irondawg
06-11-2016, 10:05 PM
I'm not going to argue the Rooker mistake at all, cause he should've stayed in.... But this game was lost based on luck to me. All three of the hits to score the run in the 9th were bloop ****ing flukes.

Rigby choked. Hump threw well and ran into some real tough luck. And I wish Houston would've got the ball in the 11th.

But I really don't see how this is on Cohen. His best players didn't make the plays to win tonight.... Couple that with some fluke luck bloop hits... And we lose in extras.

Great run this year.

The Rigby decision turned out to be the big one. Should have gone to brown there. The 9th was a bit of a fluke but hump also threw an 0-2 Pitch down Main Street. I still say Blake should have started that inning

Coach34
06-11-2016, 10:06 PM

Great run this year.

here's my reply to that Mizzou:

Coaches mess up from time to time and leave a pitcher in too long- like we did with Kozy. 12 did a good job of getting out of the 8th- but it was completely apparent he was a 1 pitch pitcher at that point. He wasn't getting the breaking ball over at all. Smith is the OBVIOUS CALL for the 9th. He is the guy with the Closer mentality and the guy that is a PITCHER- not a thrower like 12.

Huge mistake by Mini-Me and Cohen. Huge

Leroy Jenkins
06-11-2016, 10:06 PM
I have never watched a coach/manager who focuses as much on making the right moves at the expense of winning the game. The Meddler fancies himself as some sort of chessmaster and thinks everyone came to the park to see his masterful "game within the game".

Pitch, Hit, Catch. Simple.

Coached himself into an elimination, no other way to spin it.

Eric Nies Grind Time
06-11-2016, 10:07 PM
I will agree with you on Blake in that situation. Reid is just not a good pitcher really. He is nice to have but should have been a later option.

Coach34
06-11-2016, 10:08 PM

the same guy this hitting .305 in his last 17 games- while Robson is hitting .254 in that same time frame

Bye

Irondawg
In the end they put the bat in the ball and some good things happened. Our all American whiffed twice on 6 straight pitched with essentially the game in his hands. We just didn't get it done.

I get the questioning of the Rooker call but if Smith makes one defensive play that Rook couldn't it would have been worth it. What did you think the odds were that AZ could score 4 runs in 2 innings when they had scored 2 in 16 to that point

I seen it dawg
If muther****ing brown is available and ready it's a no ****ing brainer to bring him for the lefty stretch, wtf are you waiting for? Oh yeah the bomb. Then 12 gets out of the 8th and you don't bring the closer for the 9th. Absolutely stupid ****ing dogshit mismanagement of the pen in the late innings. ****** choke job.

BeardoMSU

Big man with a keyboard and a little dick^^^

I seen it dawg
06-11-2016, 10:10 PM
Big man with a keyboard and a little dick^^^

Lol really? Why don't you say something bad about my momma

BeardoMSU
06-11-2016, 10:11 PM
Lol really? Why don't you say something bad about my momma

Na, she's good with me.

tcdog70
06-11-2016, 10:15 PM
Why DH Eli when you have Cody Brown to play left and Rooker to DH?? Collins failed at plate big time. The eight inning once again is Cohen's Waterloo

I seen it dawg
06-11-2016, 10:15 PM
Well **** then you want to just step outside?

Coach34
06-11-2016, 10:16 PM
Well **** then you want to just step outside?

lol- I bet he has no idea what all that is from

Coursesuper
06-11-2016, 10:19 PM

Couldn't hit water if you fell out of a 17ing boat, meat.

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-11-2016, 10:19 PM
I find it ironic that after Rook's last HR, we ended the game going 0-12 with a lone BB. Meanwhile AZ ended 9-21 with 3BB.

Coach007
06-11-2016, 10:20 PM
I think the issue some have has been the constant calling for coaches to be fired in every sport if they don't win a national title every year even though they give our teams more than a fighting chance.

It's happened with Cohen. It will happen again this year with Mullen. When you go 44-17 and outright win the SEC, host a super regional.... there are no issues in the program or coaching staff that merits "FIRE COHEN"

Same with Mullen.

HoopsDawg
06-11-2016, 10:24 PM
I find it ironic that after Rook's last HR, we ended the game going 0-12 with a lone BB. Meanwhile AZ ended 9-21 with 3BB.

The Collins DP with the bases loaded is a forgotten play as well.

BeardoMSU
06-11-2016, 10:24 PM

Please, son. I've got a shrine devoted to Costner in my basement.***

K9 Avenger
06-11-2016, 10:25 PM

Gone dick.....**** you and good luck trying to get Mullen fired in the fall...

I seen it dawg
06-11-2016, 10:26 PM
Please, son. I've got a shrine devoted to Costner in my basement.***

Totally whiffed on the first one.

I seen it dawg
06-11-2016, 10:26 PM
Gone dick.....**** you and good luck trying to get Mullen fired in the fall...

Bye little *****

BeardoMSU
06-11-2016, 10:28 PM
Totally whiffed on the first one.

I honestly thought it was a genuine response, lol. But yeah, I'll own that.

Bucky Dog
06-11-2016, 10:29 PM
12 should have never been on the mound in the 9th- that's on Cohen and Mini-Me. You can't have a 1 pitch Closer

Correction: he should have been on the mound in the ninth, if Cohen would have brought Pilk in after the first batter reached in the 8th and let him get out of the inning.

Bdawg
06-11-2016, 10:32 PM

He got good wood on it, just right at the short stop. If they would have been swinging it would have been a dribbler just out of reach.

Coach34
06-11-2016, 10:33 PM
I think the issue some have has been the constant calling for coaches to be fired in every sport if they don't win a national title every year even though they give our teams more than a fighting chance.

It's happened with Cohen. It will happen again this year with Mullen. When you go 44-17 and outright win the SEC, host a super regional.... there are no issues in the program or coaching staff that merits "FIRE COHEN"

Same with Mullen.

Nobody is trying to get Mullen fired. But hey buddy- email Stick and ask him why Mullen's contract wasn't extended after winning 9 games in 2015. Had nothing to do with me Homey I assure you. Keenum and Strick made that decision based on Mullen's shopping himself around to other programs around the country.

bulldawg28
06-11-2016, 10:37 PM
Na, she's good with me.

I laughed hard....well played sir.

bulldawg28
06-11-2016, 10:38 PM
Bye little *****

You mad bro?

bulldawg28
06-11-2016, 10:39 PM
Nobody is trying to get Mullen fired. But hey buddy- email Stick and ask him why Mullen's contract wasn't extended after winning 9 games in 2015. Had nothing to do with me Homey I assure you. Keenum and Strick made that decision based on Mullen's shopping himself around to other programs around the country.

Rest yourself. You've got a little while before you turn your attention to Mullen.

DudyDawg
06-11-2016, 10:45 PM

Here we go

Coursesuper
06-11-2016, 10:53 PM
Here we go

What is wrong with what is posted there. It true. And it made us as a university look like a bunch if monkeys 17ing a football. If you can't realize that just keep those maroon colored glasses on and your head in the sand.

shoeless joe
06-11-2016, 10:56 PM
Rigby staying in was a mistake...even some outs he got were 6's rite at folks.

I felt like hump was ok to start the 9th but Ida gone smith after the first guy got on.

They had 3 hits in the 9th with 2 strikes and only one was on a poorly executed pitch. I was thinking the whole time that hump musta been tipping his pitches.

Pulling rooker was the rite call for a defensive replacement. That is exactly the time and place to make that move. And if it had been a righty on the mound in sure brown woulda hit for him.

All in all it's a disappointing way to end a great year but it wouldn't have mattered when we lost folks were gonna be all over Cohen. It is what it is. There are those that know...and those that try to prove that they know. Folks can make their own minds up about who fits in which category.

Coach34
06-11-2016, 10:56 PM
Too many people just can't handle the truth- Cohen ****ed up tonight. That's a fact. But he has still saved his job- so we move on to next season.

Mullen's contract wasn't extended after going 9-4...that should tell you all you need to know about where he stands. Cause he damn sure isn't winning 9 in 2016

bulldawg28
06-11-2016, 11:05 PM
Too many people just can't handle the truth- Cohen ****ed up tonight. That's a fact. But he has still saved his job- so we move on to next season.

Mullen's contract wasn't extended after going 9-4...that should tell you all you need to know about where he stands. Cause he damn sure isn't winning 9 in 2016

Lol...what makes you happy? Because obviously being a MSU fan doesn't.

RougeDawg
06-11-2016, 11:10 PM

Great run this year.

The only luck tonight was on our side. Out hit 19-7 this game should've been over long time ago.

Let's face it, we have talent. The talent to win it all, no doubt. Our talent gets little coaching and until we get coaching this should be the expectations. Most state fans I talk to are perfectly ok with this and think Johnny does no wrong.

Bottom line is we need a hitting coach who can teach mechanics and coach the in game adjustments needed to win it all. Until we have that, save your double wides.

DudyDawg
06-11-2016, 11:10 PM
What is wrong with what is posted there. It true. And it made us as a university look like a bunch if monkeys 17ing a football. If you can't realize that just keep those maroon colored glasses on and your head in the sand.
The first sentence. And nice English by the way

Coach34
06-11-2016, 11:13 PM
Lol...what makes you happy? Because obviously being a MSU fan doesn't.

What makes me happy?

Winning the SEC West or at least going to a major bowl
A Sweet 16 in basketball
A super in college baseball

Anything less than that is a wasted year and let's see what can be fixed to achieve that list

Coursesuper
06-11-2016, 11:16 PM
The first sentence. And nice English by the way

How's this English? Eat a dick 17er. But the truth is the truth.

IMissJack
06-11-2016, 11:16 PM
Pulling rooker was the rite call for a defensive replacement. That is exactly the time and place to make that move. And if it had been a righty on the mound in sure brown woulda hit for him.

I agree with most of what you said, however with several of our normal hitters slumping, I think you have to ask yourself if Rooker is good enough defensively to play 7 innings, then shouldn't I keep his bat available?

Liverpooldawg
06-11-2016, 11:25 PM
They out hit us 18-7 tonight. It was something like 9-5 last night. They hit the ball better and pitched the ball WAY better over both games. You have to give them credit.

RougeDawg
06-11-2016, 11:30 PM
It's time to wake the F*ck up on baseball. We have the talent to win it all. We are lacking one thing. We have extraordinary pitching and great in game decisions, but lack a true hitting coach. We are to baseball what Texas is to football. We recruit well but develop at a minuscule level. Until everyone realizes we need a "True hitting coach" we will continue to make the tourney on talent alone, and continue to fall short of the teams who have received proper hitting technique coaching.

Zona was the epitome of a well coached offense. They made adjustments, their hitters stances and approaches were quiet, and they were in proper position to maximize the power potential that God gave them. Quick short swings from small guys resulted in bombs.

Until we teach/coach the little things (hands back, down a couple inches, tuck back elbow, get front foot down early, etc) we will continue this.

SPMT
06-11-2016, 11:52 PM

FACT!

mstatefan91
06-12-2016, 12:01 AM
Amazing how this goes from "Cohen is the man!" just two days ago to "#Cohening".

Just lol

Good season. Was very close to a great one. Hail State and goodnight ladies and gents.

Todd4State
06-12-2016, 12:04 AM
Don't think Cohen should be fired but...

I agree that the bullpen was mismanaged. We leave guys in waaaaay too long. Don't wait until the bases are loaded to make a change.

I agree that Cody should have DH'd.

But the worst offense tonight was taking Rooker out for a defensive replacement. If we're going to do that, do it in the ninth. Not the 7th or 8th or whatever it was.

MarketingBully
06-12-2016, 12:27 AM

I agree that the bullpen was mismanaged. We leave guys in waaaaay too long. Don't wait until the bases are loaded to make a change.

But the worst offense tonight was taking Rooker out for a defensive replacement. If we're going to do that, do it in the ninth. Not the 7th or 8th or whatever it was.

That directly cost us the game because Collins had gotten on, you sacrifice Robson to get Collins to second, then Rooker comes up with a guy on second. I like those odds of getting a run.

RougeDawg
06-12-2016, 12:49 AM

Who said #HittingGuru should've been fired?? No one. Do you really belief that?

The worst offense tonight was the one who had "chicken wing" stances and approaches. One team had proper mechanic and one didn't. Things like this eventually catch up. Luckily for us we had some rakers in '13 who masked the ineptness of our hitting techniques. (Let me add, every good hitter on that team learns and blew up offensively over Summer ball). Hmm broken record it seems, yet no one here wants to face the music.

Flail away, but you better bring stats.

Todd4State
06-12-2016, 12:56 AM
Who said #HittingGuru should've been fired?? No one. Do you really belief that?

The worst offense tonight was the one who had "chicken wing" stances and approaches. One team had proper mechanic and one didn't. Things like this eventually catch up. Luckily for us we had some rakers in '13 who masked the ineptness of our hitting techniques. (Let me add, every good hitter on that team learns and blew up offensively over Summer ball). Hmm broken record it seems, yet no one here wants to face the music.

Flail away, but you better bring stats.

Well our hitting stats were better than theirs and we had more home runs than they did. So you might want to sit this one out again.

And who was Mangum's summer ball coach?

All of our hitters have one common denominator- and it's not the same summer ball hitting coach.

And you are an idiot if you want to try to make Robson a power hitter.

RougeDawg
06-12-2016, 01:13 AM
Well our hitting stats were better than theirs and we had more home runs than they did. So you might want to sit this one out again.

And who was Mangum's summer ball coach?

All of our hitters have one common denominator- and it's not the same summer ball hitting coach.

And you are an idiot if you want to try to make Robson a power hitter.

You further prove my point As to why some of hitters have proper mechanics and the others don't. Thank you for aiding my case. And for that I thank you.

Before you step off the pulpit, check their stadium. More difficult than ours for power. Stadiums don't determine power. Technique does. For someone who "knows baseball" you should know what stances/swings maximize potential of any given player.

Only an idiot looks at Robson and things "ok, nice approach and swing." His chicken wing approach doesn't even allow him a chance. Tuck both bows (via belt drills) and keep hands inside the ball and he's dangerous with this speed.

Mangum hasn't gotten a summer coach yet. I'll be willing to bet his summer coach this year pulls his hands down close to his back pectoral muscle (at start point) and eliminates the bat cock. He will look much different after a summer of coaching.

Does anyone remember Hunter Renfroe?? And where he learned to hit, and hit for power? Hmm? Quite possible crickets coming. Shit I'm not divulging any Hillary Clinton secrets. It's commons "Google" knowledge. Search away my friends.

For those of you who would prefer to take OM route, and deny and deflect reality please
Proceed but know you're no better than those delusional asshats.

Coldsleeve Jr.
06-12-2016, 01:33 AM

This makes me laugh.

F*** everyone

Todd4State
06-12-2016, 01:37 AM
You further prove my point As to why some of hitters have proper mechanics and the others don't. Thank you for aiding my case. And for that I thank you.

Before you step off the pulpit, check their stadium. More difficult than ours for power. Stadiums don't determine power. Technique does. For someone who "knows baseball" you should know what stances/swings maximize potential of any given player.

Only an idiot looks at Robson and things "ok, nice approach and swing." His chicken wing approach doesn't even allow him a chance. Tuck both bows (via belt drills) and keep hands inside the ball and he's dangerous with this speed.

Mangum hasn't gotten a summer coach yet. I'll be willing to bet his summer coach this year pulls his hands down close to his back pectoral muscle (at start point) and eliminates the bat cock. He will look much different after a summer of coaching.

Does anyone remember Hunter Renfroe?? And where he learned to hit, and hit for power? Hmm? Quite possible crickets coming. Shit I'm not divulging any Hillary Clinton secrets. It's commons "Google" knowledge. Search away my friends.

For those of you who would prefer to take OM route, and deny and deflect reality please
Proceed but know you're no better than those delusional asshats.

Well the point that Cohen is the common denominator to all of them having success flew right over head.

I could keep blowing you up but you are obviously insane and or drunk and no one is on your side of the issue anyway.

But food for thought- guess which hitting coach our guys are around the most? It's not their summer coach. And yet despite being around what you consider an inferior coach (inferred) we keep having guys drafted, making MLB and some even setting school records.

The reality is Cohen built us in previous years to deal with the dead balls and bats. With that approach while not necessarily fan friendly from an entertainment standpoint it helped get us to the National Championship round. Last year we tanked when the ball changed and we didn't have time to restructure our team. Cohen did so this year and our power numbers went up and we were one of the best hitting teams in the country and almost the best in the SEC. Including better than Coastal Carolina despite having to face a more difficult schedule than they did.

But again- yes please tell us how out of touch with reality we all are. While you continue to deny reality while proving that you don't know what you are talking about.

mstatefan91
06-12-2016, 01:50 AM
Well the point that Cohen is the common denominator to all of them having success flew right over head.

I could keep blowing you up but you are obviously insane and or drunk and no one is on your side of the issue anyway.

But food for thought- guess which hitting coach our guys are around the most? It's not their summer coach. And yet despite being around what you consider an inferior coach (inferred) we keep having guys drafted, making MLB and some even setting school records.

The reality is Cohen built us in previous years to deal with the dead balls and bats. With that approach while not necessarily fan friendly from an entertainment standpoint it helped get us to the National Championship round. Last year we tanked when the ball changed and we didn't have time to restructure our team. Cohen did so this year and our power numbers went up and we were one of the best hitting teams in the country and almost the best in the SEC. Including better than Coastal Carolina despite having to face a more difficult schedule than they did.

But again- yes please tell us how out of touch with reality we all are. While you continue to deny reality while proving that you don't know what you are talking about.

Summer coaches should not be teaching primary hitting techniques to players who will live or die (professionally speaking) by what they do in D1 baseball.

So agreed. Hitting coach is way over due

Leroy Jenkins
06-12-2016, 03:26 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ckt9ZWaUgAEZVQP.jpg

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-12-2016, 07:14 AM
Wasn't there a mid week game early in the season that we lost in a similar fashion based off some of the same bad decisions? The name escapes me, but something like east/western Kentucky.

msstate7
06-12-2016, 07:19 AM
Wasn't there a mid week game early in the season that we lost in a similar fashion based off some of the same bad decisions? The name escapes me, but something like east/western Kentucky.

Eastern Kentucky and yes, it was similar

Percho
06-12-2016, 08:12 AM

Play of the game. Period............................................ ....!

AROB44
06-12-2016, 08:15 AM
Damn, we have some of the best baseball coaches on the planet right on ED. They must have coached little league to gain all that knowledge. Why aren't they in big time coaching instead of Internet coaching?

GreenheadDawg
06-12-2016, 08:21 AM

Most accurate statement I've ever read. Ever

Engine
06-12-2016, 08:29 AM
Frustrating that our football and baseball coaches continuously get caught with their thumbs up their asses on gamedays. Specifically big games. ****!!

shoeless joe
06-12-2016, 09:07 AM
It's time to wake the F*ck up on baseball. We have the talent to win it all. We are lacking one thing. We have extraordinary pitching and great in game decisions, but lack a true hitting coach. We are to baseball what Texas is to football. We recruit well but develop at a minuscule level. Until everyone realizes we need a "True hitting coach" we will continue to make the tourney on talent alone, and continue to fall short of the teams who have received proper hitting technique coaching.

Zona was the epitome of a well coached offense. They made adjustments, their hitters stances and approaches were quiet, and they were in proper position to maximize the power potential that God gave them. Quick short swings from small guys resulted in bombs.

Until we teach/coach the little things (hands back, down a couple inches, tuck back elbow, get front foot down early, etc) we will continue this.

Ummm...the two guys that hit their homers weren't small. In fact they were long rangy guys...u know...power guys. In fact they dinked and dunked us to death before and after the homers. And the dude that hit the 3 run bomb had almost the exact opposite approach of what your saying, especially with his hands. But carry on...

GTHOM
06-12-2016, 09:24 AM

We could win 8 games in the regular season and not beat anyone who is any good you are way too low on our team this year. Just my opinon

basedog
06-12-2016, 09:32 AM
Funny how the Fire Cohen gang have let it all hang out now. Just remember, be careful what you wish after all we won the West, Sec Champions and the Regional. I'd say that is a pretty good season, maybe not great but damn good.

Nasty bunch we are as for as Elite Dawgs.

I will say we left in the relievers to long, no doubt, but lack of clutch hitting was bad by both teams last night except Zona had way more chance and finally it caught up with us.

We had a nice season, I'm disappointed how we played the last two games, but we made huge improvements and we will be back soon.

HailState!

msbulldog
06-12-2016, 09:40 AM
Damn good team, we just hit a slump in all aspects in the end. They are still OUR DAWGS, HAIL STATE!

Really Clark?
06-12-2016, 09:40 AM
Ummm...the two guys that hit their homers weren't small. In fact they were long rangy guys...u know...power guys. In fact they dinked and dunked us to death before and after the homers. And the dude that hit the 3 run bomb had almost the exact opposite approach of what your saying, especially with his hands. But carry on...

He knows just enough terminology to make himself think he knows exactly what it takes to have a good fundamental swing. He is so caught up with stance and there is NOT one high level hitting coach in the country that will tell you that stance is an absolute to having a powerful swing. You can have individual style with stance and it have nothing to do with creating a solid fundamental swing. It may or may not help you initiate the negative load or preload sequencing through contact and extension. The vast vast majority of power hitters in history have their back elbow in neutral to up position when they are in their stance. He discredits his own philosphy IF that is where he truly believes the hitters elbow should be tucked or pinched in at the start of the swing. To my knowledge he has never illustrated step by step sequencing of what he tries to convey with verbiage that leaves many on here that do have and continue to study the high level swings at best confused at what he thinks happens for power hitters and that all hitters can be power hitters.

Dawgface
06-12-2016, 09:57 AM
We could win 8 games in the regular season and not beat anyone who is any good you are way too low on our team this year. Just my opinon

Main reason for no extension on Mullen's contract is because of all his inquiries into other jobs. Losing to OM 2 years in a row is another and will probably be extended to three in a few months. But if he wins 8 games as you suggest, he will probably get another extension. I can't see 8 wins, but hope you are right.

GTHOM
06-12-2016, 10:02 AM
[QUOTE=Dawgface;572466]Main reason for no extension on Mullen's contract is because of all his inquiries into other jobs. Losing to OM 2 years in a row is another and will probably be extended to three in a few months. But if he wins 8 games as you suggest, he will probably get another extension. I can't see 8 wins, but hope you are right.[/

If we cant beat SC, Auburn, A&M all at home, Kentucky on the road, and BYU then it will be time to consider parting ways. We have a relatively easy schedule compared to the other teams in the West. We could win 8 and be mediocre. Which we shouldnt be in Danny Two Gloves 8th year

tcdog70
06-12-2016, 10:13 AM
I agree with most of what you said, however with several of our normal hitters slumping, I think you have to ask yourself if Rooker is good enough defensively to play 7 innings, then shouldn't I keep his bat available?

If Rooker is DH then he stays in. Cody Brown is a decent left hand bat and a great left fielder. To me that is a no brainer. Who you want at the plate Smith , Eli or Brown?

tcdog70
06-12-2016, 10:17 AM
Funny how the Fire Cohen gang have let it all hang out now. Just remember, be careful what you wish after all we won the West, Sec Champions and the Regional. I'd say that is a pretty good season, maybe not great but damn good.

Nasty bunch we are as for as Elite Dawgs.

I will say we left in the relievers to long, no doubt, but lack of clutch hitting was bad by both teams last night except Zona had way more chance and finally it caught up with us.

We had a nice season, I'm disappointed how we played the last two games, but we made huge improvements and we will be back soon.

HailState!

I don't think it is Cohen's fault that Lowe, Robby and Collins all slumped big time.

JDog13
06-12-2016, 10:20 AM
Losing the super regional was worth it if smoot is gone tbh

Engine
06-12-2016, 10:21 AM
With Omaha looking fairly mediocre as far as teams go (lots of national seeds losing) we had a 2 seed AT HOME and go 2 and out.

We are M State. This was our year.

msstate7
06-12-2016, 10:25 AM
Why all the smoot hate? Smoot probably takes up for our coaches too much, but he's knowledgable and hardly the jerk you guys make him out to be

basedog
06-12-2016, 10:33 AM
I don't think it is Cohen's fault that Lowe, Robby and Collins all slumped big time.

I agree.

Coach34
06-12-2016, 10:37 AM
Robson didn't hit well the whole time after his return- yet we kept running him out there in the 5 hole

GreenheadDawg
06-12-2016, 10:44 AM
Why all the smoot hate? Smoot probably takes up for our coaches too much, but he's knowledgable and hardly the jerk you guys make him out to be

Every post he makes is condescending. He's smarter than everybody and if your opinion isn't the same as his then you're an idiot. So I'm gonna have to disagree with you

Todd4State
06-12-2016, 11:15 AM
Robson didn't hit well the whole time after his return- yet we kept running him out there in the 5 hole

If it were me I would have put Robson at lead off and Mangum at two. Robson just isn't a run producer. That or hit Robson 9th and Mangum lead off.

Hitting Robson fifth broke up the lineup and not in a good way.

Really Clark?
06-12-2016, 11:18 AM
Every post he makes is condescending. He's smarter than everybody and if your opinion isn't the same as his then you're an idiot. So I'm gonna have to disagree with you

That pretty much describes 75% of the posters on here.*** Kinda kidding

GreenheadDawg
06-12-2016, 11:24 AM
That pretty much describes 75% of the posters on here.*** Kinda kidding

Ha that's true but more so with him

msstate7
06-12-2016, 11:30 AM
If it were me I would have put Robson at lead off and Mangum at two. Robson just isn't a run producer. That or hit Robson 9th and Mangum lead off.

Hitting Robson fifth broke up the lineup and not in a good way.

Pretty sure our offensive troubles starting creeping up after we decided to put Robson above 7th in lineup. We were good offensively with Robson at the top and with him in the bottom 3rd. I'm sure Cohen's reasoning for batting Robson in front of rooker was to get rooker fastballs by Robson's threat to steal, but Robson wasn't reaching. The move wasn't working and we stuck with it anyway to the bitter end

TUSK
06-12-2016, 11:44 AM
Why all the smoot hate? Smoot probably takes up for our coaches too much, but he's knowledgeable and hardly the jerk you guys make him out to be

I know I don't get a vote... but I agree with this^...

MarketingBully
06-12-2016, 11:54 AM

Robson coming back started our slumping at the plate. His first series was Missouri. We produced a lot of runs against Auburn but he didn't get many if any hits then and it went down from there. We did a poor job assimilating him back into the lineup.

maroonmania
06-12-2016, 12:18 PM
My second guessing of our coaching decisions were:
1. Agreed before the game that Robson should have been moved down in the order and Rooker up. Can almost guarantee that if Rooker had been batting 5th that at least one of those 2 HRs he hit would not have been a solo shot.
2. The DHing of Marrero just made zero sense to me. Marrero has looked like crap at the plate since mid-April and no reason to put him in the lineup if he isn't needed at Catcher. Would have let Cole Gordon DH before Marrero but the best option probably would have indeed been to play Brown in the field and keep Rooker at DH if you have concerns about Rooker's defense. In that case there would have never been any need to remove Rooker from the lineup late in the game.
3. I questioned at the time why we brought Humphreys in instead of Blake Smith. It worked out OK in the 8th but Reid hasn't pitched a meaningful inning since what, the Auburn series? Plus the issue of having been hit on the hand. At the very least Smith should have come in after the leadoff double in the 9th.