PDA

View Full Version : Death Valley is afraid of opposing marching bands

Reason2succeed
06-11-2016, 01:22 PM
http://gridironnow.com/lsu-ban-marching-band-halftime-tiger-stadium?utm_content=buffer0822f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

You wanna talk about college football getting soft?!? This is the epitome. Anyone with a brain will know that the real reason why LSU is not letting opposing teams bring their band is because they want to sell the additional seats to LSU fans and not their opponents. Plus, LSU has a hard time keeping their inebriated fanbase from attacking the opposing band. I witnessed it when we played there back in '99 (I think that was the year). This is a terrible move and is really ruining the pomp and pageantry of southern college football.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-11-2016, 02:01 PM
Can we just ban LSU fans?

SailingDawg
06-11-2016, 05:04 PM
That's tens of thousands of dollars in revenue from fan seating instead of free seating.

Reason2succeed
06-11-2016, 05:54 PM
Visiting bands have to pay for their seats. But I don't think that it is at the market cost though.

fader2103
06-11-2016, 06:00 PM
I might be reading it wrong but they are still gonna let the bands come, they just can't preform at halftime. Still think it's stupid

Reason2succeed
06-11-2016, 06:06 PM
If the band isn't doing a halftime show then the whole band isn't coming. They know that.