PDA

View Full Version : Both Lowe and Collins just taken in the 13th round...

smootness
06-11-2016, 11:34 AM
I would think they're probably gone, but we'll see.

msstate7
06-11-2016, 11:41 AM
Who took them? Did Collins get drafted as 3b?

HSVDawg
06-11-2016, 11:47 AM
Not surprising, wouldn't expect either one back.

I am surprised Sexton hasn't been picked yet. It sure would be great to have him anchoring the weekend rotation next year. With all the young but talented arms, a veteran like him that we know we can count on would be invaluable.

smootness
06-11-2016, 11:56 AM
I think they called Collins a catcher when he was picked, but not sure that means much. I would expect the team to give him a shot to catch first, though.

The interesting thing after round 10 is that if you go over $100,000 it comes out of your draft pool, and college seniors usually sign for $100,000. So you wouldn't really be losing money by coming back next year. Of course, you're also not really gaining anything in money. May just come down to whether or not they want to graduate first.

HSVDawg
06-11-2016, 12:07 PM
You are making money one year sooner than you would be, so in essence you are losing money. There is also the risk of coming back and getting hurt or just not having a good year and getting drafted lower with a smaller signing bonus.

Homedawg
06-11-2016, 12:15 PM
College seniors get almost nothing to sign. Graveman went in the 8th rd and didn't even get 20k. They are gone. They need to if they desire to play pro ball, which they all do, for the most part.