PDA

View Full Version : Robson and Hump Killing us recently

Coach34
06-10-2016, 10:25 PM
Hump is 5 for last 28- .179.... 250 in last 23 games with 26 K's (250 thanks to mauling LHP's)

Robson is batting 5th for some strange reason- hitting .254 since his return. 16 K's in 67 AB's

Throw Rooker in the middle of that with his 16 K's in last 17 games- and that is a lot of missing going on 5, 6, 7....Saving grace is that Rooker is hitting .305 in his last 17 games

Thats a disturbing trend heading into tomorrow....we were hitting the ball a lot better until we stuck Robson in the middle of the damn order

Bucky Dog
06-10-2016, 10:29 PM
Yeah Robbie needs to hit 7th. Rooker should be fifth and Hump sixth. In Hump's defense he has been hitting a lot with the bases empty and his average goes way down. As hard as it is to think about we are better having him at fifth or sixth for sure with Robbie struggling. He is a much better or hitter with mean on base.

smootness
06-10-2016, 10:29 PM
What a surprise that you started this thread.

Bucky Dog
06-10-2016, 10:30 PM
Mangum has been in a mini slump as well he has struck out more and chased more bad pitches these past two weekends than I've seen him do all year. I just knew he would get a hit there in the ninth but really looked bad.

Coach34
06-10-2016, 10:34 PM
Book on Magnum is thicker now- he's getting that automatic bouncing CB now with 2 strikes and he keeps chasing it

He's starting to look like a Freshman finally

shoeless joe
06-10-2016, 10:47 PM
Biggest play of the game was hump Misplaying the RBI double and then kicking it around allowing the run to score.

When mangum struck out with 2 on the first time I felt we were in trouble.

msstate7
06-10-2016, 10:52 PM
Really wish we had continued to give Cody brown chances down the stretch. Don't like having rooker and hump in the lineup together vs tough rhp.

confucius say
06-10-2016, 10:58 PM
Book on Magnum is thicker now- he's getting that automatic bouncing CB now with 2 strikes and he keeps chasing it

He took a fastball middle in on 0-1 for some reason. Guess it tied him up. He is much better hitting fastballs early in counts (like most hitters).

msstate7
06-10-2016, 11:05 PM
He took a fastball middle in on 0-1 for some reason. Guess it tied him up. He is much better hitting fastballs early in counts (like most hitters).

After he swung at garbage the 2 bats before, he probably got fooled by an 0-0 fastball

Homedawg
06-10-2016, 11:20 PM
After he swung at garbage the 2 bats before, he probably got fooled by an 0-0 fastball

They didn't throw mangum and 0-0 fastball in last at bat. Started him off w a curve for a strike. Then took a fb that I thought was a little down for strike two

msstate7
06-10-2016, 11:22 PM
They didn't throw mangum and 0-0 fastball in last at bat. Started him off w a curve for a strike. Then took a fb that I thought was a little down for strike two

Thought it was reverse of that, but you're probably right. Either way, mangum was probably shocked to see a fastball

I seen it dawg
06-11-2016, 08:55 AM
He is right. Curveball for strike. Fastball that was low. Back knee wipe out breaker for strike 3.

AlSwearengen
06-11-2016, 09:06 AM

Yep. If he doesn't learn to be selective, he might hit .250 next year. If I were an opposing coach and my pitcher threw him a pitch within a foot of the strike zone, that pitcher would run till he puked.

I will add that the ump last night had a pitcher's strike zone and that is being kind.

basedog
06-11-2016, 09:16 AM
Say what you want want but Hump, Robson or Rooker in whatever order didn't lose the game for us last night nor did Hump in leftfield. It was all about the pitcher last night. Yes we had a few chances in a few key situations but the pitcher dominated when he had too!

Coach34
06-11-2016, 10:04 AM
Say what you want want but Hump, Robson or Rooker in whatever order didn't lose the game for us last night nor did Hump in leftfield. It was all about the pitcher last night. Yes we had a few chances in a few key situations but the pitcher dominated when he had too!

We are 3-3 in our last 6 games- I'm showing reasons why.

tcdog70
06-11-2016, 10:10 AM

Right, you have to give the Pitcher his Do. But we need Magnum and Robby on base. I wish they would have bunted some.

Coach34
06-11-2016, 10:16 AM
Right, you have to give the Pitcher his Do. But we need Magnum and Robby on base. I wish they would have bunted some.

Mic said when we had runners on 2nd and 3rd with Robson up earlier in the game- the Arizona 1B was playing deep. That was a prime shot for Robson to drag for a hit and us to score. Robby swung away of course and never even considered it. Wasted op that good baseball minds take advantage of

msstate7
06-11-2016, 10:20 AM
Mic said when we had runners on 2nd and 3rd with Robson up earlier in the game- the Arizona 1B was playing deep. That was a prime shot for Robson to drag for a hit and us to score. Robby swung away of course and never even considered it. Wasted op that good baseball minds take advantage of

Robson needs to bunt. He has a chance every time the ball is on the ground. He's striking out and hitting fly balls way too much. Hopefully Cohen tells him to drag a couple today. If he gets one down for a hit, it could snap his funk

Original48
06-11-2016, 12:05 PM
Really wish we had continued to give Cody brown chances down the stretch. Don't like having rooker and hump in the lineup together vs tough rhp.
Against righties I'm all for putting Rooker in left and DHing Cole Gordon. Or at least do what's been done before with Cody Brown in left and Rooker at DH. Humphreys ain't helping us anywhere right now. I really would love to see a lineup with a free swinging Gordon against a right hander.

Acid mouth
06-11-2016, 12:29 PM

This guy gets it. Had any of our hitters blasted a solo, we'd have gone to extra innings. To try and blame this on any one player or players is ignorant. This was a team loss. Today's game is huge because I don't think they have a third SP that can hang with Houston tomorrow.

Coach34
06-11-2016, 01:12 PM
This guy gets it. Had any of our hitters blasted a solo, we'd have gone to extra innings. To try and blame this on any one player or players is ignorant. This was a team loss. Today's game is huge because I don't think they have a third SP that can hang with Houston tomorrow.

jesus ****ing christ- some of you don't comprehend. We are 3-3 in our last 6 games. It's about more than 1 game- it's a ****ing trend

Robby and Hump both had 3 hits vs La Tech- and their averages still suck over the last 20 games or so. Thank goodness Tech threw a LHP so Hump could have a few good AB's. We aren't getting enough out of 5-6-7 lately- that's a problem that has been going on- not just last night

basedog
06-11-2016, 01:45 PM
jesus ****ing christ- some of you don't comprehend. We are 3-3 in our last 6 games. It's about more than 1 game- it's a ****ing trend

Robby and Hump both had 3 hits vs La Tech- and their averages still suck over the last 20 games or so. Thank goodness Tech threw a LHP so Hump could have a few good AB's. We aren't getting enough out of 5-6-7 lately- that's a problem that has been going on- not just last night

We also are 3-1 the last four games. If you gonna complain about 5,6,7 batting how bout looking at Mangum and Collins, not just tearing it up either lately. Pitching has been our strength lately. Add Holland also.

We are facing some really good teams, I expect pitching will determine who wins plus you have to clutch hit.

HailState!

Acid mouth
06-11-2016, 02:48 PM

While I'd normally debate as to why a posters logic is wrong, you tend to edit posts that expose your lack of knowledge in baseball and basketball. So I'm just gonna say No Mora Excuses. That pretty much sums up your baseball knowledge.

Percho
06-11-2016, 02:49 PM
Biggest play of the game was hump Misplaying the RBI double and then kicking it around allowing the run to score.

When mangum struck out with 2 on the first time I felt we were in trouble.

I did also and he did not swing at a strike.

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-11-2016, 03:21 PM
Coach is dead on with his assessment. And just looking at yesterday, which some of you are doing, the 5-6-7 hole went 0-11 with 7 K's. Gridley and Holland behind them went 2-6 with 1 K. Humphrey just doesn't have a clue at the moment. He is so wound up he can't take a breath when at bat. On most of his ab's he's going up with the approach that he's going to swing at the first pitch no matter what. If you follow his eyes, he's nowhere close to picking up the ball coming at him. He's guessing pitch and not guessing right on any of them. Robson looked as bad yesterday as I have ever seen him.

Today will hinge on what these guys do at the plate. Time will tell.

basedog
06-11-2016, 03:25 PM
Coach is dead on with his assessment. And just looking at yesterday, which some of you are doing, the 5-6-7 hole went 0-11 with 7 K's. Gridley and Holland behind them went 2-6 with 1 K. Humphrey just doesn't have a clue at the moment. He is so wound up he can't take a breath when at bat. On most of his ab's he's going up with the approach that he's going to swing at the first pitch no matter what. If you follow his eyes, he's nowhere close to picking up the ball coming at him. He's guessing pitch and not guessing right on any of them. Robson looked as bad yesterday as I have ever seen him.

Today will hinge on what these guys do at the plate. Time will tell.

Hey, I don't disagree about 5,6,7 not hitting, but we aren't getting a lot from Mangum, Collins or Holland either.

Pitch and clutch hit will determine today's game.

Coach34
06-11-2016, 03:51 PM
While I'd normally debate as to why a posters logic is wrong, you tend to edit posts that expose your lack of knowledge in baseball and basketball. So I'm just gonna say No Mora Excuses. That pretty much sums up your baseball knowledge.

and just like that- Cohen benches Hump

Your Honor- I rest my case

Barkman Turner Overdrive
06-11-2016, 07:00 PM

Let's not leave Morrero out of this. He's been suspect as well.