PDA

View Full Version : Here's my take!

Bucky Dog
06-10-2016, 10:08 PM
First off, this guy was struggling the first 3 innings and we helped him out by chasing pitches out of the zone. Not to mention the umpire had a very liberal strike zone for both pitchers. But we had a really good chance to get a few runs and didn't do it. After that he settled in and threw an unbelievable game. Hats off to him.

Ok, what I think and I told anyone who would listen, you give me 3 runs a game against them and I like my chances. This team knows how to bounce back and I honestly believe we get two more great performances on the mound like tonight and our guys will respond. We are the best two out hitting team in the country and these guys know what it takes. Get ahead in the game and get ahead in the count and we are unbeatable.

Just my two cents.

Bucky Dog
06-10-2016, 10:24 PM
And it looks like 3 of 4 home teams lose tonight. We are fine. I think the crowd will be a lot more rowdy the next two games and less passive. I think everyone was expecting us to win. It's baseball! When the next two!! Just that simple.

I seen it dawg
06-10-2016, 10:26 PM
Guy stuck it in our ass tonite. It happens. Got to come out firing tomorrow. Hopefully Holland was getting in his teammates ass in the clubhouse like he was Arizona when he was leaving the field.

Liverpooldawg
06-10-2016, 10:28 PM
That dude pitched heck of a game. You have to give that to him.

confucius say
06-10-2016, 11:01 PM
We took way to many 0-0 fastballs for strikes. Get off on fastballs early in counts.

shoeless joe
06-10-2016, 11:06 PM
He was commanding his off speed as good as any college pitcher I've seen in quite a while. That said we had plenty of runners early...couldn't come thru.

Need to jump out early tomorrow, relax, and get it done. We make it to Sunday we'll win. This is obvious but tomorrow is THE key game.

TXDawg
06-10-2016, 11:26 PM
This loss was on Hump. He played two balls about as horrible as they could be played. Unfortunately, the second one cost us the game.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
06-10-2016, 11:31 PM
I think Hump misplayed the 1st ball but I don't think the 2nd ball (the one they scored on could be helped - played it as well as he could given where he was positioned from the crack of the bat).

JohnnyQuid
06-11-2016, 12:41 AM
Guy stuck it in our ass tonite. It happens. Got to come out firing tomorrow. Hopefully Holland was getting in his teammates ass in the clubhouse like he was Arizona when he was leaving the field.

dunno if I've mentioned it on this board** but I like me some Jon holland

MarketingBully
06-11-2016, 01:47 AM
I think Hump misplayed the 1st ball but I don't think the 2nd ball (the one they scored on could be helped - played it as well as he could given where he was positioned from the crack of the bat).

He was late getting there and fumbled the ball letting one of their guys (who isn't a speed guy) go from first to home. He didn't play it as well as he could. If we start Rooker in right and put Mangum in left, Mangum gets to both of those balls and they are both outs. So yes in fact Reid cost us the game.

MaroonFlounder
06-11-2016, 07:13 AM

What did Holland do/say toward AZ after the game?

maroonmania
06-11-2016, 07:59 AM
He was late getting there and fumbled the ball letting one of their guys (who isn't a speed guy) go from first to home. He didn't play it as well as he could. If we start Rooker in right and put Mangum in left, Mangum gets to both of those balls and they are both outs. So yes in fact Reid cost us the game.

Well, he tried to make the barehand grab and throw trying to prevent the run from scoring but just didn't grab it cleanly. Can't really get too ill with Humphreys though because you know from the get go he is not a plus outfielder. In hind sight I wish we would have sent Lowe home on Collins' two out double. The cutoff man fumbled that ball so he would have made it but of course by that time we had already put the stop sign on Lowe.

Hrdawg82
06-11-2016, 08:03 AM
How many hanging curveballs did we pop up. We could have hung 8 runs on him

Coldsleeve Jr.
06-11-2016, 08:08 AM
What did Holland do/say toward AZ after the game?

Bump

djaymsu5
06-11-2016, 01:00 PM
How many hanging curveballs did we pop up. We could have hung 8 runs on him

Exactly wayyyyy too many pop ups and fly balls. Get on top of the damn baseball. The only hits we had last night were ground balls through the holes. There were a couple of line drives but they were right to people. Why can't we let Cody brown play left? He atleast battles in his AB's when he's down in the count unlike Reid and he's a better fielder.

Hrdawg82
06-11-2016, 03:35 PM
We let that pitcher get in the zone last night. Anyone who has ever pitched knows that it's tough to get out of it once you get there. Hanging curves, change ups, sliders, all ending with pop ups. It was any pitchers dream out there.