PDA

View Full Version : I hope no one started removing the cinder blocks from under the Double Wides just yet

RougeDawg
06-10-2016, 09:21 PM
Gonna take a miracle to see Nebraska next week, via their sale proceeds.

RougeDawg
06-10-2016, 09:57 PM
And why we are on the subject I'll bring up the point you all bashed me on last weekend when I earned of this. Every other super regional tonight the teams are playing wall ball, seeing who can dent the fence and scoreboards more times. We are a perennial top 15 recruiter recently but don't seem to have the same pop as these other programs? We take Hogh School players with pop in their bats and teach them a punchin judy approach. Not just this year but every year under Cohen. We just have so much talent this year we've won despite our shit approach.

Our approach seems to be look offspeed and hit it the other way no matter the count. Hence the reason we look completely lost on fastballs in fastball counts. We take defensive swings early in the count or when ahead in the count. If it were one or two players then maybe it would be happenstance, but it is lineup wide. We have players pulling off of pitches, even ahead in the count. The hitters aren't getting the front foot down early enough to hit the fastballs. Pitches that should be mashed off the wall are getting in on our hands. I could go on and on for days. Ucla winning against us 3 years ago was not the norm. Teams that mash will win. The new balls seem to have benefitted everyone but us. Until we get a dedicated hitting coach that actually teaches hitting, we will continue to win with talent, but continue to fall short of the ultimate goal. And don't attack me for talking about our lack of hitting instruction. A current player told me so.

Last point. For those of you who've watched last weekend and tonight's game there has been one recurring theme that I've harped on for years. The announcers keep talking about the strides and improvements our players have made OVER THE SUMMER in SUMMER LEAGUES. Two straight weekends in a row the announcers comment on it but our fans can't figure it out?

Yes Johnny has in game strategy down and can recruit, but if you cannot see what's holding us back from winning it all now, you never will. Just be happy making the tourney 2 out of 3 years and wave your banner a few more weeks I guess. It's not good enough for me but I guess I'm just in the monitory. I cannot stand doing less with more and wasting a very talented team. that is MSU baseball currently, because we are without a proper hitting coach.

Homedawg
06-10-2016, 09:59 PM
You are an idiot....

Goldendawg
06-10-2016, 10:06 PM
What's a monitory? Just kidding, but we still have a game to try to win tomorrow. Who is our hitting coach? How many coaches can a college D-! team have?

HoopsDawg
06-10-2016, 10:12 PM
What's a monitory? Just kidding, but we still have a game to try to win tomorrow. Who is our hitting coach? How many coaches can a college D-! team have?

We were 2nd in the SEC in hitting and 5th in homeruns. We just get 1 two out hit tonight and everyone is pumped. If we beat their ace tomorrow, I love our chances with Houston and Brown against their no. 3.

Goldendawg
06-10-2016, 10:15 PM
We just need to win tomorrow and this whole series will change to our favor. Hail State!

I seen it dawg
06-10-2016, 10:19 PM
Guy stuck it in our ass tonite. It happens. But just the worst time for it.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-10-2016, 10:27 PM
Gonna take a miracle to see Nebraska next week, via their sale proceeds.

Does anyone know what day the CWS first game will be on?..I am planning my trip tonight.**

ILOATHEBears
06-11-2016, 08:05 AM
And why we are on the subject I'll bring up the point you all bashed me on last weekend when I earned of this. Every other super regional tonight the teams are playing wall ball, seeing who can dent the fence and scoreboards more times. We are a perennial top 15 recruiter recently but don't seem to have the same pop as these other programs? We take Hogh School players with pop in their bats and teach them a punchin judy approach. Not just this year but every year under Cohen. We just have so much talent this year we've won despite our shit approach.

Our approach seems to be look offspeed and hit it the other way no matter the count. Hence the reason we look completely lost on fastballs in fastball counts. We take defensive swings early in the count or when ahead in the count. If it were one or two players then maybe it would be happenstance, but it is lineup wide. We have players pulling off of pitches, even ahead in the count. The hitters aren't getting the front foot down early enough to hit the fastballs. Pitches that should be mashed off the wall are getting in on our hands. I could go on and on for days. Ucla winning against us 3 years ago was not the norm. Teams that mash will win. The new balls seem to have benefitted everyone but us. Until we get a dedicated hitting coach that actually teaches hitting, we will continue to win with talent, but continue to fall short of the ultimate goal. And don't attack me for talking about our lack of hitting instruction. A current player told me so.

Last point. For those of you who've watched last weekend and tonight's game there has been one recurring theme that I've harped on for years. The announcers keep talking about the strides and improvements our players have made OVER THE SUMMER in SUMMER LEAGUES. Two straight weekends in a row the announcers comment on it but our fans can't figure it out?

Yes Johnny has in game strategy down and can recruit, but if you cannot see what's holding us back from winning it all now, you never will. Just be happy making the tourney 2 out of 3 years and wave your banner a few more weeks I guess. It's not good enough for me but I guess I'm just in the monitory. I cannot stand doing less with more and wasting a very talented team. that is MSU baseball currently, because we are without a proper hitting coach.

Coach Polk is that you?

Barkman Turner Overdrive
06-11-2016, 01:38 PM

Holy cow! Take some Midol. You are menstruating all over this board.

archdog
06-11-2016, 01:46 PM
You do understand the teams we are playing now all can win it all too, right?

Really Clark?
06-11-2016, 01:52 PM
Yeah last week I'm sure had nothing to do with the fact that 3 of the 4 teams in our regional (Us, CSF, and LATech) were in the top 7 in country in ERA last week. And we still were around or inside the top 25 of the country in avg, doubles, and HR's last weekend. Arizona was 15th in ERA for their regional.

ETA. UCSB beat Louisville today as well 4-2. Lousiville had 2 extra base hits. A & M with 2 extra base hits in their loss. Miami looks like is about to lose to BC today and have only scored 3 runs today.

RougeDawg
06-11-2016, 10:13 PM
Bumpity bump. Can anyone tell me the similarities of each hitter this evening who hit Souvenirs? Each team? Bueler? Bueler? There's a reason a couple of our hitters hit for power, but to most here actually believe it's happenstance and coincidence, and Nothing to do with mechanics. Couldn't have been elbow pinch, could it? No, not at all. Couldn't be that each ball sent for a ride this evening was from a hitter with his hands and elbows and wrists pinched? Look I'm just trying to explain proper mechanics for maximum power. You can or cannot understand. I can't help that. I can only explain it. I know the most of you would rather I be wrong and say water isn't wet, than admit we need a hitting coach. So each of you doing so have 0.0000 right to speak down to any delusional OM fan. You don't. We have talent to win it all but zero mechanical coaching.

My hope for the rest of you is to educate yourselves on the proper mechanics of hitting so you can properly post on said subject. Anyone watching tonight should've gotten a first hand demonstration of what is needed.

I seen it dawg
06-11-2016, 10:18 PM
Knew you would show up. Go with smootness

I seen it dawg
06-11-2016, 10:20 PM
There isn't one poster here that reads your ****ing essays. And you may have a good point in there somewhere but no one will ever know because you are basically on the level of will james at this point when you post these ****ing novellas. Your other posts when they are less then 8000 sentences are ok. These not so much.

ScoobaDawg
06-11-2016, 10:22 PM
Bumpity bump. Can anyone tell me the similarities of each hitter this evening who hit Souvenirs? Each team? Bueler? Bueler? There's a reason a couple of our hitters hit for power, but to most here actually believe it's happenstance and coincidence, and Nothing to do with mechanics. Couldn't have been elbow pinch, could it? No, not at all. Couldn't be that each ball sent for a ride this evening was from a hitter with his hands and elbows and wrists pinched? Look I'm just trying to explain proper mechanics for maximum power. You can or cannot understand. I can't help that. I can only explain it. I know the most of you would rather I be wrong and say water isn't wet, than admit we need a hitting coach. So each of you doing so have 0.0000 right to speak down to any delusional OM fan. You don't. We have talent to win it all but zero mechanical coaching.

My hope for the rest of you is to educate yourselves on the proper mechanics of hitting so you can properly post on said subject. Anyone watching tonight should've gotten a first hand demonstration of what is needed.

I dare you to send this and your resume to Cohen tomorrow... I mean since you know so much about hitting you have to be qualified.
Oh.. please mention about Mangum dropping 15 bombs while leading off and still hitting .430

Homedawg
06-11-2016, 10:42 PM
I dare you to send this and your resume to Cohen tomorrow... I mean since you know so much about hitting you have to be qualified.
Oh.. please mention about Mangum dropping 15 bombs while leading off and still hitting .430

Dude is an idiot. Leave it at that.

Really Clark?
06-11-2016, 11:02 PM

You don't explain anything. You give no sequence to the swing so people can understand the point of the swing you want to see the elbow or wrist pinched. It is a vague statement that gives no context of WHEN it should occur to generate power. There is no education, just throwing out of terminology with no actual break down of the swing so people can learn. A whole lot of words and self-angradisement without instruction and education.

RougeDawg
06-11-2016, 11:21 PM
You don't explain anything. You give no sequence to the swing so people can understand the point of the swing you want to see the elbow or wrist pinched. It is a vague statement that gives no context of WHEN it should occur to generate power. There is no education, just throwing out of terminology with no actual break down of the swing so people can learn. A whole lot of words and self-angradisement without instruction and education.

Pinching wrists hella keep elbows close to body.

Ok, here's some breakdown. Coastal Carolona just played BP with LSU pitching with some 6'5" hitters. Oh wait they were little guys around 5'9" 170, who kept their hands and elbows close to their bodies and deposited two souvenirs.

I'll ask again, how many boxers have you ever seen take the Jake Robson chicken wing approach to apply the most power to their punches? It's the same motion to hitting a baseball. You basically bench press the bat through the zone, to Maximize power. To ensure maximum power one must grip hands in such a way to ensure maximum power. Telling 0.000 secrets here, I assure you. You obtain max power keeping arms closest to body. Don't blame me, blame physics. Why our "hitting coach" hasnt relayed the common knowledge isn't my fault. I can't understand common physics and he'll, common street fighting.

I'll ask again this year that I've asked the last 6-8 years, why aren't our hitters getting proper mechanics coaching? We have the talent to win it all but they aren't being coached. (citrent roster player told me this)

Really Clark?
06-11-2016, 11:38 PM
Pinching wrists hella keep elbows close to body.

Ok, here's some breakdown. Coastal Carolona just played BP with LSU pitching with some 6'5" hitters. Oh wait they were little guys around 5'9" 170, who kept their hands and elbows close to their bodies and deposited two souvenirs.

I'll ask again, how many boxers have you ever seen take the Jake Robson chicken wing approach to apply the most power to their punches? It's the same motion to hitting a baseball. You basically bench press the bat through the zone, to Maximize power. To ensure maximum power one must grip hands in such a way to ensure maximum power. Telling 0.000 secrets here, I assure you. You obtain max power keeping arms closest to body. Don't blame me, blame physics. Why our "hitting coach" hasnt relayed the common knowledge isn't my fault. I can't understand common physics and he'll, common street fighting.

I'll ask again this year that I've asked the last 6-8 years, why aren't our hitters getting proper mechanics coaching? We have the talent to win it all but they aren't being coached. (citrent roster player told me this)

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/d4778ea8e21715f632d4709138bc04dc3ae935cf/c=180-0-487-307&r=x203&c=200x200/local/-/media/2016/05/12/JacksonMS/JacksonMS/635986672848137102-Jacob-Robson.jpg

http://www.d1baseball.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Reid-Humphreys-1.jpg

Robson and Humphrey both have their elbows in tight at contact. Not seeing where you think their elbows are "chicken winging" away from the body.

ETA. Forgot to add the 3 Coastal Carolina players that HR tonight 5'10" 190, 6'2" 190, 6' 230 lbs. One was a smaller guy but had shown power in the past.

BeardoMSU
06-11-2016, 11:53 PM
If only Mangum would hit 10 to 15 dingers***

Todd4State
06-11-2016, 11:56 PM
Didn't we just finish like second or third in the SEC in hitting and had like six hitters drafted and a freshman hit over .400?

Or did I just make all of that up?

Commercecomet24
06-11-2016, 11:58 PM
Didn't we just finish like second or third in the SEC in hitting and had like six hitters drafted and a freshman hit over .400?

Or did I just make all of that up?

You are correct, sir!

CadaverDawg
06-12-2016, 12:09 AM
http://acsbore.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/not-this-shit-again.gif

Homedawg
06-12-2016, 12:14 AM
Please quit giving this damn goof ball a forum to talk. It's beyond stupid.

RougeDawg
06-12-2016, 12:56 AM
Please quit giving this damn goof ball a forum to talk. It's beyond stupid.

You are correct sir. Way beyond goofball. No way a little Coastal Carolina team could play wall ball At LSU. No way a team with so little talent could hit so many HR's. No way 5'8" 175 lb guys could keep their hands inside a ball and hit it 360-390 ft to RF and LF to which the LSU(SEC) outfielders barely move? No GD F*cking way. Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

This board during baseball season makes me want to ask "what's it feel like".

Really Clark?
06-12-2016, 01:38 AM
You are correct sir. Way beyond goofball. No way a little Coastal Carolina team could play wall ball At LSU. No way a team with so little talent could hit so many HR's. No way 5'8" 175 lb guys could keep their hands inside a ball and hit it 360-390 ft to RF and LF to which the LSU(SEC) outfielders barely move? No GD F*cking way. Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where do you keep getting Coastal had a 5'8" 175 lb hitting deep all night? Ownings is the smallest guy they had hit it deep at 5'10" 190 lb senior. He has good power for his size but their small 5'8" guys were not hitting the ball like you keep saying. Their little lead off had a bunt single and the #2 hitter who is the same size got a single to shallow center.

Todd4State
06-12-2016, 01:40 AM
Where do you keep getting Coastal had a 5'8" 175 lb hitting deep all night? Ownings is the smallest guy they had hit it deep at 5'10" 190 lb senior. He has good power for his size but their small 5'8" guys were not hitting the ball like you keep saying. Their little lead off had a bunt single and the #2 hitter who is the same size got a single to shallow center.

They look smaller on TV.

Coldsleeve Jr.
06-12-2016, 01:55 AM

Ask Myles Harrfield

PMDawg
06-12-2016, 08:05 PM
How much you wanna bet this guy can hit a baseball over them mountains? If his high school coach woulda just let him in the game, they woulda won state!!! He woulda went pro and found his soul mate! If only his coach woulda put him in the game.....