PDA

View Full Version : I knew we'd run up against pitching like this sooner or later......

Taog Redloh
06-10-2016, 09:00 PM
But damnit I just didn't expect it to be at home in our own damn super regional. Figured it would be against Louisville or Florida in Omaha.

msstate7
06-10-2016, 09:05 PM
Our lineup at the moment wants no part of Louisville or Florida pitching right now and not likely to get a chance

Taog Redloh
06-10-2016, 09:06 PM
Our lineup at the moment wants no part of Louisville or Florida pitching right now and not likely to get a chance

Man I agree. I haven't liked this lineup for a long time, but I just gave Cohen the benefit of the doubt. I liked Rooker and Humphreys after Lowe and Collins. No clue why Robson is where he is.

Goldendawg
06-10-2016, 09:07 PM
Bad thing is the pitcher was drafted in the 4th round as a 3rd baseman. It was on our batters.

Taog Redloh
06-10-2016, 09:11 PM
Bad thing is the pitcher was drafted in the 4th round as a 3rd baseman. It was on our batters.

Disagree. The pitcher was ridiculous and the players were saying they could not see the ball coming out of his hand. The guy was just lights out, all there is to it.

missouridawg
06-10-2016, 09:17 PM
Disagree. The pitcher was ridiculous and the players were saying they could not see the ball coming out of his hand. The guy was just lights out, all there is to it.

I heard this too and am very concerned. Lighting will be the same tomorrow night for the game.

Goldendawg
06-10-2016, 09:21 PM
I'm not as knowledgeable about the finer details of baseball as I am football. We are in our home park and should be used to the lighting. Is this some pitching technique that has been taught to AZ pitchers that we haven't seen b4?

Taog Redloh
06-10-2016, 09:24 PM
I'm not as knowledgeable about the finer details of baseball as I am football. We are in our home park and should be used to the lighting. Is this some pitching technique that has been taught to AZ pitchers that we haven't seen b4?

Arizona players faced the same lighting, they scored and win didn't. Their pitcher was the difference. And it wasn't that our pitching sucked, it was lights out too.

I have no clue why we can't just give credit to Dalbec. That's what happened.

Coach34
06-10-2016, 09:28 PM
Their pitcher just shoved it in our ass. Tomorrow is a new day.

ShotgunDawg
06-10-2016, 09:29 PM
Their pitcher just shoved it in our ass. Tomorrow is a new day.

Basically this. No worries. Just win tomorrow

Goldendawg
06-10-2016, 09:29 PM
Pitcher's duel, but the AZ RBI double hit Humphries glove and then he had trouble playing it off the wall. Tough play to make. Would have been a great time for a Willie Mays basket catch I guess. When we didn't get any runs early their pitcher really got into a groove.

Goldendawg
06-10-2016, 09:32 PM
As Scarlet O'Hara said, Tomorrow is another day." And as the late, great Al Davis said,"Just win Baby." Win tomorrow and our season is again ours for the taking.

basedog
06-10-2016, 09:32 PM
That dude would have beaten the 27 Yankees tonight. He was just a beast. We had a few chances but he dominated the game.

I like Sexton tomorrow.

Homedawg
06-10-2016, 09:33 PM
Man I agree. I haven't liked this lineup for a long time, but I just gave Cohen the benefit of the doubt. I liked Rooker and Humphreys after Lowe and Collins. No clue why Robson is where he is.

You mean the two guys that punched out 5 times between them? Look we lost. But if you want to bitch about how the lineup was constructed, maybe look at the box score first.

Taog Redloh
06-10-2016, 09:34 PM
Pitcher's duel, but the AZ RBI double hit Humphries glove and then he had trouble playing it off the wall. Tough play to make. Would have been a great time for a Willie Mays basket catch I guess. When we didn't get any runs early their pitcher really got into a groove.

Most left fielders would have made that catch. But we play for offense. I'm not complaining, it's the nature of our team. But this sort of thing is just where Arizona has an edge over us.

Goldendawg
06-10-2016, 09:38 PM
He missed a similar ball in another game. This board seems to think we are set up for players' offense rather than defense overall. Anyway win or stay home tomorrow.

Taog Redloh
06-10-2016, 09:49 PM
You mean the two guys that punched out 5 times between them? Look we lost. But if you want to bitch about how the lineup was constructed, maybe look at the box score first.

Who's bitching? I commented on his post. I'm the last one your self righteous ass should be chastising about bitching regarding this team. I'm one of their biggest supporters on this board.

Taog Redloh
06-10-2016, 09:50 PM
He missed a similar ball in another game. This board seems to think we are set up for players' offense rather than defense overall. Anyway win or stay home tomorrow.

Yes. And I think we will get back to typical Cohen-ball over the next two years, hell on the mound and field and good enough at the plate. I honestly think our best chance of winning a national championship is 2017 and 2018.

From the beginning I thought this bunch had the look of a regional host that would get bounced in their own regional. They've exceeded my expectations no doubt.

chainedup_Dawg
06-10-2016, 09:52 PM
They're not talking about the lighting. Some pitchers have an uncanny ability to hide the ball before their release. The better a pitcher hides the ball the more difficult it is to pick the ball up out of his hand. It's typically your crafty pitchers, guys that rely on movement more than power that are good at it

confucius say
06-10-2016, 11:06 PM
Their pitcher was great, no doubt. But our approach sucked. We took numerous fastballs for strikes early in counts and were horrible with two strikes. Is what it is. Ready for tomorrow.

Taog Redloh
06-11-2016, 09:00 AM
Their pitcher was great, no doubt. But our approach sucked. We took numerous fastballs for strikes early in counts and were horrible with two strikes. Is what it is. Ready for tomorrow.

Our approach didn't suddenly change. This is the biggest fallacy out there. The pitcher did, that's all there is to it. Give him credit, don't be like Ole Miss and think every problem we have is our own doing because we're too good to get beat.

basedog
06-11-2016, 09:10 AM
Anyone who played baseball should know the pitcher controls the game. That dude pitched the best game of the year against us yesterday. He was in a mode that he probably or may not ever be in again. He was so confident and focused, I bet he didn't throw 10 pitches out of 129 that were bad that maybe the hitter should or could have hit.

Btw, draft day was or is a bad thing for college kids while trying to concentrate on a game. Not making excuses but it sucks and you can't tell me kids aren't paying attention and it's not somewhat of a distraction.

confucius say
06-11-2016, 12:01 PM
Our approach didn't suddenly change. This is the biggest fallacy out there. The pitcher did, that's all there is to it. Give him credit, don't be like Ole Miss and think every problem we have is our own doing because we're too good to get beat.

Bull. Nobody is taking anything away from the kid, he was excellent, but tell me how many times this year Mangum has taken 0-0, 0-1, 1-0, fastballs for strikes? You can count them on one hand. You don't know baseball if you think approaches don't change and don't matter.

MarketingBully
06-11-2016, 02:01 PM
That dude would have beaten the 27 Yankees tonight. He was just a beast. We had a few chances but he dominated the game.

I like Sexton tomorrow.

I hope you're right and it was because the pitcher pitched the game of his life. If we rake these next two games at the plate, I will give that pitcher his due.