PDA

View Full Version : Just remembered we played Arizona each of the past 2 years.....

Taog Redloh
06-10-2016, 08:23 AM
Split with them out there in 2014, when they are like 22-33, and then beat them twice last year at home with a talented but undeveloped team. Looks like they were 34-21 and did not make a regional last year.

On paper, this is a series we should win. But I also just noticed these guys are a Top 5-10 program all time. They've been there before. But so was Fullerton I guess.

Tbonewannabe
06-10-2016, 10:20 AM
Both of those programs are historically better than us. Both have National Titles and as many or more trips to Omaha but luckily you don't play history. Baseball is funny because any given day a team can do something special but our team is gritty and determined and I like our chances.

maroonmania
06-10-2016, 10:46 AM
One thing to keep in mind though is that they have a new coach compared to when we played them the past 2 years.

Taog Redloh
06-10-2016, 11:03 AM
One thing to keep in mind though is that they have a new coach compared to when we played them the past 2 years.

Good point, I didn't realize that.

MarketingBully
06-10-2016, 11:06 AM
Still the guy is a good young coach (Jay Johnson) who Cohen recommended to Byrne to hire. He was at Nevada before.

preachermatt83
06-10-2016, 01:25 PM
Still the guy is a good young coach (Jay Johnson) who Cohen recommended to Byrne to hire. He was at Nevada before.

This ^^ I figure Byrne prob called cohen to make 100 % sure he couldn't lure him to AZ then asked Cohen who to hire. If I remember right Byrne pretty much said as much.