PDA

View Full Version : State-hater Mike Farrell is at it again!

blacklistedbully
06-09-2016, 10:52 AM
This imbecile Rivals.com National Recruiting Director wrote a big, one-sided hit-piece against us. For anyone who has read his stuff over the years, this shouldn't be a surprise. He has clearly had a hard-on for us for years.

"I wrote back in late March that I didn't think 2016 five-star recruit Jeffery Simmons should be given a second chance by Mississippi State after he was caught on video pummeling a woman. So you can imagine my disgust when it was announced he would be allowed to enroll in Starkville "under conditions" and would serve only a one-game suspension for his actions.

The justification by Athletic Director Scott Stricklin was all over the map in his interview at the SEC spring meetings, and he even admitted that there was some concern that another SEC school would grab Simmons up if State decided to jettison him.

Really?

After hearing the "punishment" for Simmons and then watching Stricklin try to justify his and the school's actions, I actually felt sick to my stomach. This was an amazing opportunity for a program to send a message to the world just after the Baylor fiasco, and Mississippi State dropped the ball in a big way.

I guess its OK to potentially endanger all of their female students by letting Simmons enroll, and I guess video evidence of beating a woman warrants the same suspension as an academic hiccup or even a targeting penalty?

Mississippi State could have stood up loud and proud and said "not at our university" and punted this kid like it was 4th-and-20, setting somewhat of a standard at least for circumstances like this one moving forward.

Instead, head coach Dan Mullen, Stricklin and President Mark Keenum essentially felt enrolling Simmons was a safe choice because, as Stricklin said, "this is not a sexual violence issue as defined by law."

OK, that justifies it. I am speechless and I'm honestly surprised female students aren't lodging protests right now outside the football office."

Jacksondevildog
06-09-2016, 10:54 AM
I believe this guy used to write for RebelGrove.com.

Commercecomet24
06-09-2016, 10:55 AM
This imbecile Rivals.com National Recruiting Director wrote a big, one-sided hit-piece against us. For anyone who has read his stuff over the years, this shouldn't be a surprise. He has clearly had a hard-on for us for years.

"I wrote back in late March that I didn't think 2016 five-star recruit Jeffery Simmons should be given a second chance by Mississippi State after he was caught on video pummeling a woman. So you can imagine my disgust when it was announced he would be allowed to enroll in Starkville "under conditions" and would serve only a one-game suspension for his actions.

The justification by Athletic Director Scott Stricklin was all over the map in his interview at the SEC spring meetings, and he even admitted that there was some concern that another SEC school would grab Simmons up if State decided to jettison him.

Really?

After hearing the "punishment" for Simmons and then watching Stricklin try to justify his and the school's actions, I actually felt sick to my stomach. This was an amazing opportunity for a program to send a message to the world just after the Baylor fiasco, and Mississippi State dropped the ball in a big way.

I guess its OK to potentially endanger all of their female students by letting Simmons enroll, and I guess video evidence of beating a woman warrants the same suspension as an academic hiccup or even a targeting penalty?

Mississippi State could have stood up loud and proud and said "not at our university" and punted this kid like it was 4th-and-20, setting somewhat of a standard at least for circumstances like this one moving forward.

Instead, head coach Dan Mullen, Stricklin and President Mark Keenum essentially felt enrolling Simmons was a safe choice because, as Stricklin said, "this is not a sexual violence issue as defined by law."

OK, that justifies it. I am speechless and I'm honestly surprised female students aren't lodging protests right now outside the football office."

He's obviously not speechless as he said or he wouldve kept his mouth shut! Screw the media, what have they ever done to help us? Just another idiot!

Mjoelner34
06-09-2016, 10:59 AM
I feel the same way about him as I do Rachel Baribeau. Until either one of them writes a scathing article crucifying LSU and Les Miles about Jalen Mills not even missing a practice, they can both shut their damn pie holes!

maroonmania
06-09-2016, 11:09 AM
"I wrote back in late March that I didn't think 2016 five-star recruit Jeffery Simmons should be given a second chance by Mississippi State after he was caught on video pummeling a woman. He should only be given a second chance at schools that I like. So you can imagine my disgust when it was announced he would be allowed to enroll in Starkville "under conditions" and would serve only a one-game suspension for his actions.

Fixed it for him.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-09-2016, 11:09 AM
I feel the same way about him as I do Rachel Baribeau. Until either one of them writes a scathing article crucifying LSU and Les Miles about Jalen Mills not even missing a practice, they can both shut their damn pie holes!

Agreed and don't forget to add Quinn Johnson and jevonte domond to that list as well:
http://www.batonrougecrime.com/lsu-football-player-arrests/

Pollodawg
06-09-2016, 11:13 AM
It's all about deflecting the heat from OM right now.

SaintDawg
06-09-2016, 11:17 AM
He's obviously not speechless as he said or he wouldve kept his mouth shut! Screw the media, what have they ever done to help us? Just another idiot!

One day in the near future, something will be done to stop these liberal media pussies. We've become a nation of crybabies. I hate to say it, but the only way to curtail the media is to amend the Constitution. It will never go away and will only get worse.

Big4Dawg
06-09-2016, 11:18 AM
In the same article:

Something must be afoul in the state of Mississippi these days, because Ole Miss has been under fire as well. While the issues in Oxford are not nearly as serious as they are in Starkville, they are still troubling.

Personally, I feel lied to. I wrote a column back in early February saying we should reserve judgement on Hugh Freeze and Ole Miss in light of the NCAA investigation.

Why did I say such a thing when everyone, even my inner instinctual self, said something was amiss at Ole Miss when it came to landing elite recruits?

I foolishly believed Ole Miss Athletic Director Ross Bjork back in late January when he clearly insinuated that the roughly 30 violations the NCAA found were mainly in regards to women’s basketball, track and field and football with the old coaching staff as well as the Laremy Tunsil, situation which many felt was previously addressed with his seven-game 2015 suspension.

Now we come to find out 13 of the roughly 30 violations occurred in football and only four were under Freeze’s predecessor, Houston Nutt. Only three of those remaining 10 involved loans of cash and cars and improper payments and free lodging in regards to Tunsil and his family, which means this is much more than just a Tunsil issue and certainly wasn’t all about women’s hoops, track and field and Nutt.

Eight of the 13 are Level I breaches, a big deal in the NCAA world. Freeze was so confident he was following the rules that he famously tweeted (and then deleted) the following leading up to LOI Day in 2013…

Follow
Bruce Feldman ✔ @BruceFeldmanCFB
RT @CoachHughFreeze: If you have facts about a violation, email compliance@olemiss.edu. If not, please don't slander the young men
5:10 PM - 1 Feb 2013
254 254 Retweets 154 154 likes
Now Freeze says these are “mistakes” and “not some staff out trying to buy players.” After being misled by Bjork, should we now believe Freeze?

Fool me once, shame on me. The worst part is that good, honest players who aren’t receiving additional benefits and chose Ole Miss for all the right reasons are being lumped in with the lies and deceit more than ever. Freeze didn’t want the young men slandered or their families insulted, but how do you stop that now?

Coach34
06-09-2016, 11:22 AM
Unreal- OM signs a WR that got kicked out of another school plus a guy that sticks his fingers in little boy's assholes and then shoves it in their mouth- but he's not outraged by that? Issues more serious in Starkville? Really?

maroonmania
06-09-2016, 11:28 AM
After the statement of "While the issues in Oxford are not nearly as serious as they are in Starkville, they are still troubling." how can anything else he says on ANYTHING really be taken seriously?

MaroonFlounder
06-09-2016, 11:36 AM
After the statement of "While the issues in Oxford are not nearly as serious as they are in Starkville, they are still troubling." how can anything else he says on ANYTHING really be taken seriously?

I quit reading after that.

msstate7
06-09-2016, 11:52 AM
Kelly threatened to shoot up a nightclub
Kim brothers bout beat a student to death
Lil Kim bails out a hotel room
Big Kim smokes himself into a coma
Om signs the anal bandit

And of course the NCAA trouble for 3 different programs at om, but we're the ones that disgust this clown

EAVdog
06-09-2016, 11:59 AM
He's just capitalizing on the latest SJW craze.

starkvegasdawg
06-09-2016, 12:11 PM
That article reminds me, I need to stop and get some toilet paper on my way home.

maroonmania
06-09-2016, 12:18 PM
It amazes me with a school like Mississippi State, with a rather benign past for the most part that has done some rather progressive things (game of change, hiring of Croom, etc.), continues to be hated on by so many sports writers from all over the country.

mstatefan91
06-09-2016, 12:21 PM
He's just capitalizing on the latest SJW craze.

This.

shannondawg
06-09-2016, 12:23 PM
No one has said it so far so I will. He needs his ass whipped.

I bet that ole gal Jeffery popped could whip half our football team.

maroonmania
06-09-2016, 12:23 PM
SJW?

mstatefan91
06-09-2016, 12:25 PM
SJW?

Social justice warrior

Commercecomet24
06-09-2016, 12:28 PM
One day in the near future, something will be done to stop these liberal media pussies. We've become a nation of crybabies. I hate to say it, but the only way to curtail the media is to amend the Constitution. It will never go away and will only get worse.

I'm afraid you're right my friend. I know people that base all their life decisions on what they read on the internet or see on tv, instead of thinking for themselves. We have become automatons. I'm not sure this country could survive another Great Depression, people just arent tough like folks were then. There was a song written in 1969 called "In the year 2525"(I know i'm old). Go check out the lyrics to that song sometime, it nails what our society is becoming.

I seen it dawg
06-09-2016, 12:30 PM
Who?

Coach34
06-09-2016, 12:37 PM
Hey Mike- throw your tantrum. Then make sure and watch Simmons debut against SC

BulldogtheMS
06-09-2016, 12:58 PM
If we would have not allowed him to enroll, UM, LSU, or UA would have snatched him up before we could release a statement. Then said university would have been herald as "giving the young man another chance" BS. Screw the media. They have never gotten behind state. Even our own state's media cuts is down every opportunity they get. 17em

Tbonewannabe
06-09-2016, 01:05 PM
If we would have not allowed him to enroll, UM, LSU, or UA would have snatched him up before we could release a statement. Then said university would have been herald as "giving the young man another chance" BS. Screw the media. They have never gotten behind state. Even our own state's media cuts is down every opportunity they get. 17em

It would have also been used against us in recruiting because we didn't have Simmons back when shit went down. We just have to take our lumps from the media right now and then it will go away and the next thing will outrage people. We did what was best for Simmons and our football team in the long term but just have to take some shit right now.

Commercecomet24
06-09-2016, 01:07 PM
in the words of the immortal Lou Brown-"Me, I'm for wasting sportswriters' time. So I figured we ought to hang around for a while and see if we can give 'em all a nice big shitburger to eat!" Thats my feelings on the media!

Liverpooldawg
06-09-2016, 01:09 PM
It's deflection from UM. Ignore it.

TrapGame
06-09-2016, 01:14 PM
ole miss must be spreading some cash around.

archdog
06-09-2016, 01:25 PM
First he should have said 4th and 54 instead of 20. Also, what other student on campus would not be allowed to enroll based on a misdemeaner offense? None. It is not a sexual violence issue in any jurisdiction. Now he did hit a girl on the ground. In that moment, he was a piece of crap. But I am sure Mike can understand our position. Why should we cut him loose based on the video, when the very next day Auburn, UM, and Texas AM will be on the phone inviting him to their teams. I mean come on. You are acting like that is not a reality.

If the SEC didn't want to allow him in the conference, then why did they. Where is the outrage when the UM players put a frat boy in the hospital for absolutely zero reason?

Commercecomet24
06-09-2016, 01:29 PM
First he should have said 4th and 54 instead of 20. Also, what other student on campus would not be allowed to enroll based on a misdemeaner offense? None. It is not a sexual violence issue in any jurisdiction. Now he did hit a girl on the ground. In that moment, he was a piece of crap. But I am sure Mike can understand our position. Why should we cut him loose based on the video, when the very next day Auburn, UM, and Texas AM will be on the phone inviting him to their teams. I mean come on. You are acting like that is not a reality.

If the SEC didn't want to allow him in the conference, then why did they. Where is the outrage when the UM players put a frat boy in the hospital for absolutely zero reason?

THIS^^^^How many felons are on rosters in the SEC right now? I'm guessing the percentage is pretty good and Jeffrey isnt even a felon. If they didn't let kids in that were charged with misdemeanors there wouldn't be any college students at all.

maroonmania
06-09-2016, 02:58 PM
Social justice warrior

OK, I was thinking it might be Stupid Journalist Windbag or something.:rolleyes:

mstatefan91
06-09-2016, 03:04 PM
OK, I was thinking it might be Stupid Journalist Windbag or something.:rolleyes:

That's basically the same thing..

blacklistedbully
06-09-2016, 03:25 PM

It is...otherwise known as Recruiting Director for Rivals.com. He's a blatantly biased loser who routinely takes every chance he gets to write something bad about MSU. I seriously have wondered if some MSU student or grad sodomized his wife or something.

Nasty, vindictive POS.

State82
06-09-2016, 04:06 PM
In the immortal words of Kenneth Stokes: "He a dumb basstuuhd."

BossDawg
06-09-2016, 04:59 PM

Amen. And another thing that I don't get, are all these liberals hell-bent on establishing gender equality. I'm all for equality, but I'm also a chivalrous guy and think there's some situations women shouldn't be put in. That's another can of worms though. As far as situations like this, I wish these nutjobs could make up their minds. They want to be "equal", but go apeshit when a man treats another woman "like a man". Which is it? They want equality, but special treatment, too.

Damnit why did I have to get all political on a sports board? Sorry.

mic
06-09-2016, 06:15 PM
Mike Farrell??. Never heard of him..

RougeDawg
06-09-2016, 06:18 PM
I'm afraid you're right my friend. I know people that base all their life decisions on what they read on the internet or see on tv, instead of thinking for themselves. We have become automatons. I'm not sure this country could survive another Great Depression, people just arent tough like folks were then. There was a song written in 1969 called "In the year 2525"(I know i'm old). Go check out the lyrics to that song sometime, it nails what our society is becoming.

Great song and well ahead of its time. Came out 14 years before I did, but still one of the best lyrical songs you will ever hear.

RougeDawg
06-09-2016, 06:23 PM
It is...otherwise known as Recruiting Director for Rivals.com. He's a blatantly biased loser who routinely takes every chance he gets to write something bad about MSU. I seriously have wondered if some MSU student or grad sodomized his wife or something.

Nasty, vindictive POS.

Sorry guys. She came on to me.

Commercecomet24
06-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Great song and well ahead of its time. Came out 14 years before I did, but still one of the best lyrical songs you will ever hear.

Everytime I hear it, I think dang these guys had a crystal ball. Yes well ahead of its time and well written. Didn't know if anyone besides me would remember it. Lol you were born the year I graduated high school.

Commercecomet24
06-09-2016, 06:27 PM

I just blew Dr Pepper out my nose!

RougeDawg
06-09-2016, 06:33 PM
Everytime I hear it, I think dang these guys had a crystal ball. Yes well ahead of its time and well written. Didn't know if anyone besides me would remember it. Lol you were born the year I graduated high school.

Parents listened to those stations. Been exposed to many decades of music.

"Now it's been 10,000 years, man has cried a billion years. For what he never knew. Now man's reign is through..."

Commercecomet24
06-09-2016, 06:37 PM
Parents listened to those stations. Been exposed to many decades of music.

"Now it's been 10,000 years, man has cried a billion years. For what he never knew. Now man's reign is through..."

Very cool. Your parents did good. Yeah there is great music from every era. Zager and Evans great stuff!

blacklistedbully
06-09-2016, 07:52 PM

Then you came into her?

archdog
06-09-2016, 10:20 PM
No way we turn this guy away for a misdemeanor. It was terrible, but how come Florida State can have a guy that was implicated in a rape, yet we cannot play this guy who wasn't eeven a member of our University when said act occurred? It's not like we are saying he didn't do it. Maybe we just know 13 other teams in our conference would be on the phone tomorrow if we cut him loose. Hell everyone makes mistakes, and if he does something like this while on campus, then let's talk. The double standard trying make this our University issue is pathetic. We can, and have proven on many occasions, get this young man some guidance and show him how to become a better man as good as or better than the cheating religious asshat 2 hours north of us.

RougeDawg
06-10-2016, 12:20 AM
Very cool. Your parents did good. Yeah there is great music from every era. Zager and Evans great stuff!

My parents just presented the media. I took an interest because I like to break down lyrics and see the underlying meaning. Many times as a young child I told my parents the intention of said song. Most people listen and enjoy. Few actually think about the lyrics. Not trying to talk down to anyone or downplay, it's just something I more times than not, analyze things beyond normal thoughts and derive that "Hugh Freeze is a snake from day one", "Barack Obama is and will always be an Agitator", "Trump ran at Rep because he said it was easiest Route to nomination." Most media will have you believe differently,
But how ironic is it that the simplest of Bible verses, will be the undoing of the Messiah Beav?

Pardon me but I don't apologize for paying attention.

I ask not to do anything but pay attention to what you feel and know. Man it's sad to watch the ignorant oblivion taking place in this once great nation.

Mutt the Hoople
06-10-2016, 05:38 AM
But he has no problem with anal rapists at Ole Miss.

FISHDAWG
06-10-2016, 08:03 AM
Kelly threatened to shoot up a nightclub
Kim brothers bout beat a student to death
Lil Kim bails out a hotel room
Big Kim smokes himself into a coma
Om signs the anal bandit

And of course the NCAA trouble for 3 different programs at om, but we're the ones that disgust this clown

Tunsil beating up an old man

Commercecomet24
06-10-2016, 08:13 AM
My parents just presented the media. I took an interest because I like to break down lyrics and see the underlying meaning. Many times as a young child I told my parents the intention of said song. Most people listen and enjoy. Few actually think about the lyrics. Not trying to talk down to anyone or downplay, it's just something I more times than not, analyze things beyond normal thoughts and derive that "Hugh Freeze is a snake from day one", "Barack Obama is and will always be an Agitator", "Trump ran at Rep because he said it was easiest Route to nomination." Most media will have you believe differently,
But how ironic is it that the simplest of Bible verses, will be the undoing of the Messiah Beav?

I ask not to do anything but pay attention to what you feel and know. Man it's sad to watch the ignorant oblivion taking place in this once great nation.

The greatest songs always have a strong meaning and tell a story. I, like you have always listened for the meaning in songs to see what message the singer/songwriter was trying to impart. I fear for the future my children/ grandchildren face. Its sad to see what is happening to our society.

SaintDawg
06-10-2016, 08:16 AM
In the immortal words of Tenny Tokes: "He a dumb basstuuhd."

FIFY

SaintDawg
06-10-2016, 08:35 AM
I know the song well.

Before I make my next statement, I'm a Veteran of the US Navy. I always believed in the mantra of "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." The media, bloggers, etc. are going to great lengths these days to see how far they can go to piss people off and anonymously stir the shitstorm on any public forum, on any issue that they can find. Then they hide behind the 1st Amendment when there is a counter-attack on them. It's sickening. It breeds cowardice, and it's infectious. I think it will take America getting another "9/11" caliber ass-whipping to right the ship. Sometimes you need to have the shit knocked out of you to come to your senses. I'm off my soapbox now.

starkvegasdawg
06-10-2016, 08:38 AM
But he has no problem with anal rapists at Ole Miss.

When it comes to anal rapists his motto is:

http://i.imgur.com/Ncv6K9k.png

Commercecomet24
06-10-2016, 08:43 AM
I know the song well.

Before I make my next statement, I'm a Veteran of the US Navy. I always believed in the mantra of "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." The media, bloggers, etc. are going to great lengths these days to see how far they can go to piss people off and anonymously stir the shitstorm on any public forum, on any issue that they can find. Then they hide behind the 1st Amendment when there is a counter-attack on them. It's sickening. It breeds cowardice, and it's infectious. I think it will take America getting another "9/11" caliber ass-whipping to right the ship. Sometimes you need to have the shit knocked out of you to come to your senses. I'm off my soapbox now.

Very, very well said! Thank you for your service!

Tbonewannabe
06-10-2016, 10:03 AM
Tunsil beating up an old man

Just wanted to add that he is also on disability and Hugh Freeze was proud of him.

Tbonewannabe
06-10-2016, 10:04 AM
When it comes to anal rapists his motto is:

http://i.imgur.com/Ncv6K9k.png

UM's moto: If the finger fit, you must acquit.

Tbonewannabe
06-10-2016, 10:06 AM
No way we turn this guy away for a misdemeanor. It was terrible, but how come Florida State can have a guy that was implicated in a rape, yet we cannot play this guy who wasn't eeven a member of our University when said act occurred? It's not like we are saying he didn't do it. Maybe we just know 13 other teams in our conference would be on the phone tomorrow if we cut him loose. Hell everyone makes mistakes, and if he does something like this while on campus, then let's talk. The double standard trying make this our University issue is pathetic. We can, and have proven on many occasions, get this young man some guidance and show him how to become a better man as good as or better than the cheating religious asshat 2 hours north of us.

The biggest thing is, if the person beating on his sister was a guy then he is applauded for defending his sister. People are acting like this is a domestic violence case like Ray Rice. I applaud Simmons for his feminist view that the sexes are equal in this day and age.***

starkvegasdawg
06-10-2016, 10:56 AM
The biggest thing is, if the person beating on his sister was a guy then he is applauded for defending his sister. People are acting like this is a domestic violence case like Ray Rice. I applaud Simmons for his feminist view that the sexes are equal in this day and age.***

He just identified as a female long enough to take care of bidness.

sandwolf
06-10-2016, 11:29 AM
I know the song well.

Guys, yall are getting way off on a tangent that just doesn't apply here. The quoted article in the OP has absolutely nothing to do with a liberal media or any kind of bias against State. We had a 5 star signee that got caught on camera running up to a girl that was on the ground and punching her multiple times in the face......and after pretty much everyone that isn't a state fan was calling for us to get rid of him, we announced that he would be allowed to enroll and that he would serve a 1 game suspension. Anyone that didn't understand that we were about to get hammered with bad press isn't very perceptive, and it is neither unfair nor liberal (lol at this thread somehow becoming about the liberal media....completely insane) for the media to call us out on this. There is nothing wrong with deflecting by calling attention to Stringfellow and the butthole violator (Myles Hartsfield), as those are legitimate examples that show that every team gives players second chances and it is stupid to act like MSU has an institutional problem because they didn't yank a guy's scholarship over what ultimately turned out to be a misdemeanor......but yall sound ridiculous when you say stuff like 'I thought the SJW liberal pussies wanted gender equality' and act like this is only getting covered because of a bias against State.

blacklistedbully
06-10-2016, 11:57 AM
Guys, yall are getting way off on a tangent that just doesn't apply here. The quoted article in the OP has absolutely nothing to do with a liberal media or any kind of bias against State. We had a 5 star signee that got caught on camera running up to a girl that was on the ground and punching her multiple times in the face......and after pretty much everyone that isn't a state fan was calling for us to get rid of him, we announced that he would be allowed to enroll and that he would serve a 1 game suspension. Anyone that didn't understand that we were about to get hammered with bad press isn't very perceptive, and it is neither unfair nor liberal (lol at this thread somehow becoming about the liberal media....completely insane) for the media to call us out on this. There is nothing wrong with deflecting by calling attention to Stringfellow and the butthole violator (Myles Hartsfield), as those are legitimate examples that show that every team gives players second chances and it is stupid to act like MSU has an institutional problem because they didn't yank a guy's scholarship over what ultimately turned out to be a misdemeanor......but yall sound ridiculous when you say stuff like 'I thought the SJW liberal pussies wanted gender equality' and act like this is only getting covered because of a bias against State.

I'm guessing you haven't followed Farrell very much. I've noticed for years he seems to take an extraordinary pleasure in ripping MSU while mostly praising OM. And, though I expected fallout from the media, the extent to which Farrell went off on us is noteworthy, as is the obvious lack of research he did on the topic before taking such a strong stance.

We all know what Jeffery did was wrong, but we also know there were mitigating circumstances that matter, such as:
1. The woman he hit started the fight by talking shit about his dead nephews
2. The woman he hit started the physical fight by taking a swing at Simmons' sister's face
3. The woman he hit continued the fight she started on-the-ground
4. Jefferey tried at first to simply break it up
5. Another male tried unsuccessfully to break the fight up
6. Jeffery tried a 2nd time to pull the woman off his sister, but when she wouldn't stop, he began hitting her
7. After the woman finally stopped attacking his sister, and Jefferey's sister started going after the girl, Jefferey got in-between to stop it
8. The woman that Jefferey hit was also charged by police for DTP. She is no innocent, helpless victim
9. The woman was no delicate flower...rather is a very large woman, who looks to be around 5'9 or more and around 300 lbs herself
10. We consulted the PD, church leaders, community leaders & his high school admin about Jefferey...his history...his character, and were told by all he's always been a good kid and had never once been in trouble before, confirming this was an isolated instance, not "evidence" this kid is a menace, thug, or threat to women in general going forward.

Any sports writer worth a damn would do their damned homework before writing such a scathing article, and not just base it on a most-likely knee-jerk reaction to the highly abridged video Ole Miss fans and media hungry for sensationalism put out for public consumption. You really have to search a bit to find the full video that shows the aforementioned mitigating circumstances. What 99% of people have seen is the edited video that begins with Simmons hittting that girl on the ground.

BTW, for all those claiming Simmons was, "whaling away" or brutally beating her, look at the video again and note how little the woman reacts to Simmon's strikes vs how much her head moves when Jefferey's sister smacks her after. Does anyone really believe Jefferey was really punching her hard and that his sister is just that much stronger than Jefferey?

msbulldog
06-10-2016, 12:40 PM
I'm guessing you haven't followed Farrell very much. I've noticed for years he seems to take an extraordinary pleasure in ripping MSU while mostly praising OM. And, though I expected fallout from the media, the extent to which Farrell went off on us is noteworthy, as is the obvious lack of research he did on the topic before taking such a strong stance.

We all know what Jeffery did was wrong, but we also know there were mitigating circumstances that matter, such as:
2. The woman he hit started the physical fight by taking a swing at Simmons' sister's face
6. Jeffery tried a 2nd time to pull the woman off his sister, but when she wouldn't stop, he began hitting her
7. After the woman finally stopped attacking his sister, and Jefferey's sister started going after the girl, Jefferey got in-between to stop it
8. The woman that Jefferey hit was also charged by police for DTP. She is no innocent, helpless victim
9. The woman was no delicate flower...rather is a very large woman, who looks to be around 5'9 or more and around 300 lbs herself
10. We consulted the PD, church leaders, community leaders & his high school admin about Jefferey...his history...his character, and were told by all he's always been a good kid and had never once been in trouble before, confirming this was an isolated instance, not "evidence" this kid is a menace, thug, or threat to women in general going forward.

Any sports writer worth a damn would do their damned homework before writing such a scathing article, and not just base it on a most-likely knee-jerk reaction to the highly abridged video Ole Miss fans and media hungry for sensationalism put out for public consumption. You really have to search a bit to find the full video that shows the aforementioned mitigating circumstances. What 99% of people have seen is the edited video that begins with Simmons hittting that girl on the ground.

BTW, for all those claiming Simmons was, "whaling away" or brutally beating her, look at the video again and note how little the woman reacts to Simmon's strikes vs how much her head moves when Jefferey's sister smacks her after. Does anyone really believe Jefferey was really punching her hard and that his sister is just that much stronger than Jefferey?

^^^YES^^^^

maroonmania
06-10-2016, 12:55 PM

Circumstances be damned! He hit a woman and its on video!***

Personally I'm just tired of the whole thing so I'm not reading anything anyone outside the MSU family has to say about it. It was NOT their decision to make and nobody can convince me that every other SEC school (save maybe Vanderbilt) wouldn't have also enrolled him under the same circumstances. We DID do the right thing given this was an isolated incident. Yes, he went too far, but it was instigated in protecting a family member and it was NOT sexual assault!

Reason2succeed
06-10-2016, 01:39 PM
So mods erase my comments responding to this right wing Republican crap and block me from posting on another thread but didn't erase the stuff I'm responding to? Wow!

RougeDawg
06-10-2016, 02:04 PM
So mods erase my comments responding to this right wing Republican crap and block me from posting on another thread but didn't erase the stuff I'm responding to? Wow!

Dude, it's called observing reality and recognizing one's past accurately predicts ones future. Nothing I said is false or untrue. You may go look up each's past, especially the current president. I have his book if you'd like to read it, and what 99.9% of Americans know about him isn't the truth.

The problem with what you said and most Americans point of view is simple. Anything that goes a against what you "Hope is true" and "have always believed" is somehow right wing or republican or bible beaters or whatever derogatory term you choose to in an attempt to silence the truth.

Had you chosen to use unbiased observation and logical deduction, you would clearly see that all types of persons and parties were included in the post describing that most of this nation is asleep at the wheel and does not pay attention. But then again being asleep at the wheel allows one to develop the "right wing", "left wing, "center wing" bs excuse crap to cover up reality. There is the truth and then there are lies. Both sides lie and have hypocrites. The sooner we all realize this the sooner we can fix it.

Reason2succeed
06-10-2016, 02:32 PM

Straight facts huh?!? Wow! In order for that to be a factual statement you would have to know the future. You're worse than Faux News.

Reason2succeed
06-10-2016, 02:47 PM

It's so ironic that on a thread where you mention liberal media pussies I get MY COMMENTS erased and blocked from posting on another thread. (I'm at least glad the mods erased the whole other thread since it was absurd.)

Nobody cries more than Rush and the rest of the nut job tin foil hat wearing media on conservative talk radio. Hell, according to them by now in President Obama's second term we are all supposed to be:
speaking Russian,
pledging allegiance to China,
in the middle stages of Armageddon,
experiencing a post apocalyptic depression,
death panels at hospitals,
mass exodus of doctors and hospital closures,
and Christianity banned.

Did I leave anything out?

Liberal Media pussies?!? I tell ya!

blacklistedbully
06-10-2016, 02:49 PM
Straight facts huh?!? Wow! In order for that to be a factual statement you would have to know the future. You're worse than Faux News.

Instant loss of credibility, IMO. The only people I know who refer to Fox News as, "Faux" are either those who don't actually watch much Fox, outside of highly-edited, out-of-context snippets put out by the far left, or those who are so far to the left they can't stand anyone or anything that deviates from their leftist, liberal agenda/beliefs.

Nearly everyone I personally know who refers to Fox as, "Faux" are so far off the reservation they literally cannot even imagine being friends with a Republican, and are among the most intolerant people I have ever met.

I'm sure there are exceptions, but I've yet to meet one.

BrunswickDawg
06-10-2016, 02:55 PM
It's so ironic that on a thread where you mention liberal media pussies I get MY COMMENTS erased and blocked from posting on another thread. (I'm at least glad the mods erased the whole other thread since it was absurd.)

Nobody cries more than Rush and the rest of the nut job tin foil hat wearing media on conservative talk radio. Hell, according to them by now in President Obama's second term we are all supposed to be:
speaking Russian,
pledging allegiance to China,
in the middle stages of Armageddon,
experiencing a post apocalyptic depression,
death panels at hospitals,
mass exodus of doctors and hospital closures,
and Christianity banned.

Did I leave anything out?

Liberal Media pussies?!? I tell ya!

You forgot that he was coming for our guns and our women...

Reason2succeed
06-10-2016, 04:18 PM
Instant loss of credibility, IMO. The only people I know who refer to Fox News as, "Faux" are either those who don't actually watch much Fox, outside of highly-edited, out-of-context snippets put out by the far left, or those who are so far to the left they can't stand anyone or anything that deviates from their leftist, liberal agenda/beliefs.

Nearly everyone I personally know who refers to Fox as, "Faux" are so far off the reservation they literally cannot even imagine being friends with a Republican, and are among the most intolerant people I have ever met.

I'm sure there are exceptions, but I've yet to meet one.

You must not know enough people.

I post on this board all the time. I'm as tolerant of all the political jabs as I can be without saying anything.

As far as Faux, we are talking about the station that employed Glenn Beck until they realized he was just too looney for their liability insurance. Also, they employed OM's favorite son (or daughter not sure) Shepard Smith because OM is literally a conservative think tank which was demonstrated by their hosting a Republican debate four years ago. Oh, and didn't all their polls tell that Mitt Romney was going to be president. Yeah, FAUX!!!

Reason2succeed
06-10-2016, 04:24 PM
You forgot that he was coming for our guns and our women...

Thanks. They are still claiming that "Obama wants our guns". Nobody wants your damn guns. We just want background checks at the very least.

blacklistedbully
06-10-2016, 04:25 PM
You must not know enough people.

I post on this board all the time. I'm as tolerant of all the political jabs as I can be without saying anything.

As far as Faux, we are talking about the station that employed Glenn Beck until they realized he was just too looney for their liability insurance. Also, the employed OM's favorite son (or daughter not sure) Shepard Smith. Oh, and didn't all their polls tell that Mitt Romney was going to be president. Yeah, FAUX!!!

So, we're not going to compare that against the lies. misrepresentations, mistakes, etc from the liberal press? That about how it works?

And no, I don't recall all their polls saying Romney was going to win. That said, had Romney exhibited some backbone regarding Bengazi and other things he could have hammered on, he probably would have won.

But every poll I recall said the right was expecting a lot of their voters to not vote that year. Also, if you know anything about what Mormons believe, you'd know it's kinda hard to vote for a guy to be CIC who buys into that.

They're by-and-large very nice people, but to believe in the stuff their religion is based on is a bit too crazy for my tastes.

Reason2succeed
06-10-2016, 06:01 PM
If "ifs" were 5ths we'd all be drunk.

I'm glad you brought up Romney's Mormom problem as if that was the reason he lost.

It's always amazing to me that the self proclaimed Christian Right figures out a way to compromise themselves every election for the Republican nominee. Franklin Graham, Pastor Jeffries of Dallas, and Liberty University all declared Mormonism a heresy....UNTIL Romney won the nomination.

This year it's so much more agregious because you have a blatant racist, sexist, crude, cursing, hate monger who says his favorite verse of the Bible is Two Corinthians. Let's not even mention that he's on his third marriage to a woman who posed topless. I'm seriously going to LOL when Jentezen Franklin calls for a 40 day fast to pray that Trump gets elected like he did for Romney.