PDA

View Full Version : Jason Heyward

msstate7
08-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Out 4-6 weeks after being hit in the face by the mets. The mets have taken out 2 of the braves best players now. I'm pissed...

starkvegasdawg
08-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Time to call up a flame thrower from A ball to administer some payback.

War Machine Dawg
08-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Definitely time for some bean ball the next time we play those assholes. I HATE the Mets.

Will James
08-21-2013, 10:08 PM
It would mean something if they weren't a million games up in the division. Get errbody 100% for the playoffs.

msstate7
08-21-2013, 10:16 PM
It would mean something if they weren't a million games up in the division. Get errbody 100% for the playoffs.

6 weeks till playoffs start. Really hope he's back at least a week before playoffs. He needs to get back in groove before playoffs. Could you imagine first at bats back against playoff team aces?

The Croom Diaries
08-22-2013, 06:16 AM
I'm not expecting him back for the playoffs in much more than a pinch hitting capacity in the first round. He is probably going to lose at least 5-10 pounds and some strength. I just don't think there's any way he could be the same player defensively even if he comes back with a week to play in the regular season. Of course he is an elite defensive player so maybe it just makes him an average one and he will be able to play.

msstate7
08-22-2013, 06:37 AM
I'm not expecting him back for the playoffs in much more than a pinch hitting capacity in the first round. He is probably going to lose at least 5-10 pounds and some strength. I just don't think there's any way he could be the same player defensively even if he comes back with a week to play in the regular season. Of course he is an elite defensive player so maybe it just makes him an average one and he will be able to play.

His defense is what we will miss more than his offense. He's the Andruw jones of right field. He makes spectacular plays daily.

Bubb Rubb
08-22-2013, 07:42 AM
Definitely time for some bean ball the next time we play those assholes. I HATE the Mets.

I guess y'all didn't see it. It was clearly an accident. The pitcher apologized as Heyward walked off and Heyward tapped his chest and nodded that it was ok. The injury to Hudson was a fluke thing around the bag at first. Y'all sound like a bunch of douchebags talking about beanball. If someone throws at you intentionally, then pay them back. But things happen. Shit, the pitcher that hit Heyward was so shaken up that he gave up something like four hits in a row right after it.

I can assure you that if retaliation was in order, the Braves would have done something.

msstate7
08-22-2013, 07:45 AM
I guess y'all didn't see it. It was clearly an accident. The pitcher apologized as Heyward walked off and Heyward tapped his chest and nodded that it was ok. The injury to Hudson was a fluke thing around the bag at first. Y'all sound like a bunch of douchebags talking about beanball. If someone throws at you intentionally, then pay them back. But things happen. Shit, the pitcher that hit Heyward was so shaken up that he gave up something like four hits in a row right after it.

I can assure you that if retaliation was in order, the Braves would have done something.

Didnt say it was intentional, but whether they meant to or not they've taken out 2 of our best players. At what point do the braves not play any important players against the mets since they are so incompetent they can't play the game without seriously injuring someone?

The Croom Diaries
08-22-2013, 08:11 AM
Didnt say it was intentional, but whether they meant to or not they've taken out 2 of our best players. At what point do the braves not play any important players against the mets since they are so incompetent they can't play the game without seriously injuring someone?

C'mon man. The guy who stepped on Hudson's ankle was so shaken up he was crying. Then the pitcher who hit Heyward had to be pulled out of the way because he was so concerned, and he lost concentration from the gem of a game he was throwing, immediately giving up a run. Both were clearly mistakes which occurred in a fraction of a second - I find myself hard pressed to blame a someone for such an unintentional mistake even if they are professional athletes.

Bubb Rubb
08-22-2013, 08:11 AM

The "incompetent" Mets have played .500 ball against the Braves this season. They have been playing well since the all-star break. I'm not aware of anyone else that has been seriously injured by the incompetent Mets. This stuff happens in baseball. You're clearly overreacting. I guess now you have your built-in excuse for when the Braves choke in the post season again.

msstate7
08-22-2013, 09:19 AM
The "incompetent" Mets have played .500 ball against the Braves this season. They have been playing well since the all-star break. I'm not aware of anyone else that has been seriously injured by the incompetent Mets. This stuff happens in baseball. You're clearly overreacting. I guess now you have your built-in excuse for when the Braves choke in the post season again.

I'm not one for excuses. There's no way I'd play Simmons or freeman against the mets this year again though. There's bad luck surrounding them or something. I know I'm overreacting but clearly I'm mad

FISHDAWG
08-22-2013, 09:22 AM
word this am around ATL is he won't return at all this year

msstate7
08-22-2013, 09:37 AM
word this am around ATL is he won't return at all this year

This makes me sick

msstate7
08-22-2013, 09:44 AM
The "incompetent" Mets have played .500 ball against the Braves this season.

Since how well you fare against the braves is the new standard, the padres are World Series contenders. They're 3-0 against the braves

The Croom Diaries
08-22-2013, 09:48 AM
I think you have to assume he won't be back. I'd put Justin Upton in RF, Schaffer in center, and Gattis in left. BJ Upton isn't anything more than a pinch runner and hitter to me at this point.

TheRef
08-22-2013, 09:55 AM
I think you have to assume he won't be back. I'd put Justin Upton in RF, Schaffer in center, and Gattis in left. BJ Upton isn't anything more than a pinch runner and hitter to me at this point.

Sorry. I had to laugh at the hitter portion of that quote. BJ has been the biggest waste of money that the Braves could have spent. But I agree.

@msstate7, do you honestly think that the Mets are trying to ruin the Braves' chances in the postseason? No way. The Mets have no chance to catch up and why would they try to ruin our season? Accidents happen in baseball and there's no reason to get your panties in a wad as a fan because two people were injured by a team. I understand that you're upset at the fact that two players are injured but we will be jusssst fine without them. We are a "Next Man Up" mentality team.

msstate7
08-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Just makes me sick that we had finally found what this team was missing -- a leadoff hitter.

Two out of Gattis, Jordan, terd, reed Johnson (pretty sure he'll be back soon), and bj have to step it up.

War Machine Dawg
08-22-2013, 10:13 AM

Bingo. Unfortunately, BJ will keep getting PT because of the money we're paying him. It sucks, but that's part of MLB. I also really like The Terd. Dude has played well since he's been up. I'd be in favor of expanding his role some, too. How soon until Reed Johnson is back?

Bubb Rubb
08-22-2013, 10:19 AM
Since how well you fare against the braves is the new standard, the padres are World Series contenders. They're 3-0 against the braves

It was your standard. You called them incompetent. What better way to disprove that statement than to point out that they beat the mighty braves eight times?

The Croom Diaries
08-22-2013, 10:25 AM
It was your standard. You called them incompetent. What better way to disprove that statement than to point out that they beat the mighty braves eight times?

I think msstate7 is just being irrationally superstitious vs. the Mets because he wants to be. That's fine, I'm superstitious too sometimes. Put the baby in a new set of pajamas two nights ago and she slept all the way through the night....did it again last night and it worked again....so she'll be in those things every night until it doesn't work again.

CJDAWG85
08-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Clearly an accident... 0-2 pitch, 2 outs, nobody on... ball just got away

Hate it as a Braves fan, but that's just baseball...

HereComesTheSpiral
08-22-2013, 01:14 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20121019&content_id=39935106&c_id=stl

Mike Matheny says this is how you do it.