PDA

View Full Version : Question how upcoming bear sanctions would play out

starkvegasdawg
06-08-2016, 08:49 PM
All numbers completely hypothetical for illustrative purposes only. Say they get 20 scholly reductions over 4 years this first go around. Then next year the big hammer falls and parts of those sanctions is 15 over 3. Are those extra reductions tacked on immediately which would leave them barely able to field a team or started after the first four years are up?

Goldendawg
06-08-2016, 09:04 PM
If so, they will have a walk on program of 4 and 5 stars that are there for the beauty of the campus that will shock the college football world.

Coach34
06-08-2016, 11:44 PM
This is really the golden question:

Does the NCAA go ahead and administer their penalties- and deny their delay? Then continue onto investigation #2

OR

Do they delay and continue to investigate- and make this one big ol penalty of 30 schollys over 3 with some bowl bans and show causes- but goes on another 18 months to 2 years?

I'm not sure the NCAA even knows at this point

ShotgunDawg
06-09-2016, 12:31 AM

Does the NCAA go ahead and administer their penalties- and deny their delay? Then continue onto investigation #2

OR

Do they delay and continue to investigate- and make this one big ol penalty of 30 schollys over 3 with some bowl bans and show causes- but goes on another 18 months to 2 years?

The NCAA should go ahead and levy a 2016 bowl ban on their unionized team and continue to investigate. No way they should be able to have any chance of winning the West this year and benefit from their cheating.

PassInterference
06-09-2016, 01:08 AM
Bend over. Three fingers or a fist?

maroonmania
06-09-2016, 08:42 AM
If so, they will have a walk on program of 4 and 5 stars that are there for the beauty of the campus that will shock the college football world.

That's my thought, if money is really flowing behind the scenes like it appears it is, is a scholarship even really all that necessary?

Liverpooldawg
06-09-2016, 09:01 AM
They won't stop no matter what happens to them provided they still have a program.

sandwolf
06-09-2016, 10:21 AM

OR

Steve posted yesterday that he is hearing that the NCAA is expected in Oxford this week and possibly next to conduct interviews that should wrap up the investigation. So it sounds like they are through investigating. He also said that he was told not to expect a final resolution before next spring. So I am guessing this means that they will issue an addendum to the original NOA and push the COI hearing and address everything at once.

Dawgowar
06-09-2016, 10:47 AM
Steve posted yesterday that he is hearing that the NCAA is expected in Oxford this week and possibly next to conduct interviews that should wrap up the investigation. So it sounds like they are through investigating. He also said that he was told not to expect a final resolution before next spring. So I am guessing this means that they will issue an addendum to the original NOA and push the COI hearing and address everything at once.

This is a good thing. More uncertainty and more need to watch their step.

Bully13
06-09-2016, 11:18 AM
The year long calm before the storm gives me wood.

Coach34
06-09-2016, 11:26 AM

There ya go- Rosey hearing the same thing plus some extra info. That would be great if they get it wrapped this summer and start the punishment phase. OM will have to get their 90 days to respond to the new allegations once they are issued- so yeah- I can see it dragging out until the Spring

ShotgunDawg
06-09-2016, 12:03 PM

I don't think this is the right thing to do. That means that Ole Miss gets to compete for the West this year with a pay for play team. They get to potentially reap the benefits of blatant cheating.

Take for example: what if Ole Miss win the West & goes to Atlanta and then the NCAA places massive sanctions on them in the Spring that put their program back to where it was before Freeze came?

Would Ole Miss fans be ok with this? Would MSU fans be OK with this? I think they might be. The NCAA needs to issue a post-season ban right now & then figure the rest out.

Martianlander
06-09-2016, 12:37 PM
I don't think this is the right thing to do. That means that Ole Miss gets to compete for the West this year with a pay for play team. They get to potentially reap the benefits of blatant cheating.

Take for example: what if Ole Miss win the West & goes to Atlanta and then the NCAA places massive sanctions on them in the Spring that put their program back to where it was before Freeze came?

Would Ole Miss fans be ok with this? Would MSU fans be OK with this? I think they might be. The NCAA needs to issue a post-season ban right now & then figure the rest out.

Agree with this. Don't let them prosper from cheating.

Coach34
06-09-2016, 12:41 PM
OM is not going to win the West- ever

The West is Bama-LSU this year. Everybody else is playing for 3rd

msbulldog
06-09-2016, 12:49 PM

UNM will have a hard time winning 2 in september.

thf24
06-09-2016, 01:39 PM
I doubt OM will be affected by any official NCAA punishments this year, but they may start to have locker room issues if paychecks have been cut off.

mparkerfd20
06-09-2016, 01:43 PM
Bend over. Three fingers or a fist?

And then like their RB stick it in their mouths?

ShotgunDawg
06-09-2016, 02:04 PM
OM is not going to win the West- ever

The West is Bama-LSU this year. Everybody else is playing for 3rd

Agree. But all hope should be removed

AlmostPositive
06-09-2016, 02:09 PM
The Oxford brain-trust may have stumbled onto a viable strategy: admit nothing, keep offending so non-stop non-stop investigation is required, decline comment on an on-going situation.... they could push the resolution of this out till Chelsea Clinton's second term, when football will probably be banned anyway.

TUSK
06-09-2016, 02:14 PM
Agree. But all hope should be removed

regardless of what the NCAA does, that^ will happen on or before 10/22...

scottycameron
06-09-2016, 02:27 PM
regardless of what the NCAA does, that^ will happen on or before 10/22...

What is 10/22?

lastmajordog
06-09-2016, 02:47 PM
delete

TUSK
06-09-2016, 02:54 PM
What is 10/22?

They are @ Baton Rouge, after having played SEC games vs Bama, UGA and @ Arkie....