PDA

View Full Version : The visitors have returned to ask questions at Grenada Without the Lake

Coach34
06-08-2016, 02:57 PM
I'm hearing this week. Sounds like the Opportunity Fund BS is just that- bullshit. Altho, it wouldnt be surprising that they are back asking questions about a helluva lot of other things as well.

2nd investigation is in full force

Liverpooldawg
06-08-2016, 03:01 PM
They just need to open a branch office on the Square. They need to take advantage of all that absolutely beautiful town has to offer during their extended stay

Big4Dawg
06-08-2016, 03:11 PM
I won't be holding my breath. I'm very curious as to why both of them are employed and actively recruiting.

Bama_Dawg
06-08-2016, 03:17 PM
Tunsil's folks outta be moving soon, if not already. They can contact the alumni giving them free room and board (but not utilities) to see if the NCAA can stay there. Who knows, there may be some "business cards" left in the couch cushions.

PassInterference
06-08-2016, 03:18 PM
Archie Manning! Hey boys, I came here to tell you SPEDs that first yall made up some stuff about ITS COMING and made everybody laugh. Then yall made up some stuff about an investigation about things that everybody knew was nothing or was stuff we already knew about and shouldn't be concerned with since it was common knowledge. And now you bring me this stuff about a 2nd investigation which is silly because everybody already knows about draft night. Crazy.

(How'd I do?)

starkvegasdawg
06-08-2016, 03:21 PM
Just returning to enjoy the summer and coeds at that beautiful campus. Nothing to see here.***

Riotous Thinking
06-08-2016, 03:47 PM
Tunsil's folks outta be moving soon, if not already. They can contact the alumni giving them free room and board (but not utilities) to see if the NCAA can stay there. Who knows, there may be some "business cards" left in the couch cushions.

I think Little's family already has dibs on that place.

Coach34
06-08-2016, 03:53 PM
I won't be holding my breath. I'm very curious as to why both of them are employed and actively recruiting.

Im pretty sure Barney has been removed from active recruiting and Werner is having to do it now

thf24
06-08-2016, 03:56 PM

Assuming you're talking about Farrar and Miller, it's simple. Under the new NCAA rules since 2013 the head coach is responsible for violations of his staff. If they fire them, they admit guilt that Freeze would be held equally responsible for. It's more telling that they haven't done anything to either of them than it would be if they had; if they could dismiss the Tunsil texts by scapegoating two subordinates, they'd have done it in an instant. Their best and only chance at saving Freeze is to pretend that no one did anything wrong as long as they can.

MSUDawg99
06-08-2016, 04:02 PM
If they fire anyone, it immediately means the admittance of guilt & wrongdoing. That goes against everything they've been saying. They are convinced they've done no wrong so why would they have fired anyone yet? Also, as mentioned before, if they fire anyone that person won't down alone or quietly.

AlmostPositive
06-08-2016, 04:04 PM
It is irresponsible to claim that the NCAA is back in the Town That Forgot How Not to Lie. Bdorjt told us the investigation is over and he should know.. that settles it for me.**

BossDawg
06-08-2016, 04:09 PM
If they fire anyone, it immediately means the admittance of guilt & wrongdoing. That goes against everything they've been saying. They are convinced they've done no wrong so why would they have fired anyone yet? Also, as mentioned before, if they fire anyone that person won't down alone or quietly.

Exactly. Why WOULD they do anything different at this point? They have gone so long flapping their gums about being innocent that anything to the contrary will most certainly be bad for them. Might as well take this facade to the grave. I'm betting they know they're about to get cleaned out pretty good so they have nothing to lose by maintaining their stance.

Goldendawg
06-08-2016, 05:52 PM
Based on the new 2013 rules that the Head Coach is always responsible for his staff and a firing is an admission of guilt, how will this affect Alabama when they recently fired a coach for recruiting violations and Texas firing the former UNM coach who was on their staff? I assume the AL coach committed his transgressions while working for AL, but the TX firing could have been tied to his former employer, UNM.

Coach34
06-08-2016, 06:18 PM
Bama found out about the allegation and took quick action- so the NCAA will take that into account. 1 violation doesn't hurt a HC- it's a large number of violations such as what OM has committed.

Rick Danko
06-08-2016, 06:34 PM
Not to be an ass or anything but wasn't it already common knowledge that they were gonna get looked at some more based on the response from OM president about the draft night revelations. Is this some kind of surprise?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-08-2016, 07:13 PM
Im pretty sure Barney has been removed from active recruiting and Werner is having to do it now

Barney is on Willie Gay...

starkvegasdawg
06-08-2016, 07:34 PM
Not to be an ass or anything but wasn't it already common knowledge that they were gonna get looked at some more based on the response from OM president about the draft night revelations. Is this some kind of surprise?

Not a surprise but confirmation that once again the accurate information is coming from here and Rose and everything from the bear camp is dark, brown, and smells bad.

Coach34
06-08-2016, 07:39 PM

But the response from their people was the it was an Op Fund deal and they had the paperwork. Why is the NCAA in town asking questions if they were already given the Tunsil paperwork from the Op Fund???

Coach34
06-08-2016, 07:40 PM

i know 100% Barney was asked to resign the Monday after the Draft. Soooooo- it's getting interesting.

EAVdog
06-08-2016, 07:50 PM
The NCAA will be put in a corner to enforce their new Head Coach is ultimately responsible rule. It'll be hard for them to fire a Saint.

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2016, 07:58 PM
i know 100% Barney was asked to resign the Monday after the Draft. Soooooo- it's getting interesting.

http://image.slidesharecdn.com/the3musketeersv3-141109174221-conversion-gate01/95/the-three-musketeers-and-the-need-for-role-clarity-and-allegiance-to-higher-educations-hcm-objectives-6-638.jpg?cb=1415555140

Goldendawg
06-08-2016, 08:07 PM
They live by an old expression I read years ago. "Boys, we better all hang together or they will hang us all separately." They have been given plenty of rope and the jury will enter the verdict soon.

Dawgowar
06-08-2016, 08:15 PM
Every other conference is watching this case along with the outcomes of Louisville and UNC. The NCAA lives or dies by these three actions. If you had to order the outcomes by who the the NCAA wants to save - 1a - UNC 1b Louisville - basketball, unlike football, goes straight to the NCAA coffers. UNM is 5 out of a possible 3 in this case.

Administratively this is about to happen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX71mALOPKs

Mjoelner34
06-08-2016, 08:18 PM
They live by an old expression I read years ago. "Boys, we better all hang together or they will hang us all separately." They have been given plenty of rope and the jury will enter the verdict soon.

Ben Franklin: "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." I think its his best quote.

BulldogDX55
06-08-2016, 08:22 PM
They're still doing the Cannon Motors loaner deal, I think. I'm currently doing work up in Oxford and an obvious football player (don't know which one) drove up with a brand new black Camaro from Cannon. One of my coworkers jokingly asked to drive it and he got a serious look on his face and said he was the only one that could.

Dawgowar
06-08-2016, 08:22 PM
Ben Franklin: "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." I think its his best quote.

"What's the name of that town over there? D" General Sherman outside Oxford Mississippi

jb1020
06-08-2016, 08:23 PM

This is playing out like the final scene in reservoir dogs.

http://cdn.hitfix.com/photos/3898183/The-show-will-end-just-like-the-movie-Reservoir-Dogs.jpg

RougeDawg
06-08-2016, 08:46 PM
Unless this has been amended to the already starter 2nd investigation, this his NOA 3. They were already investigating after the first letter, prior to draft night. I'm no rocket surgeon nor did I stay at a holiday inn express last night, but that adds up to about 3 investigations thus far.

beretta
06-08-2016, 08:50 PM
Bama found out about the allegation and took quick action- so the NCAA will take that into account. 1 violation doesn't hurt a HC- it's a large number of violations such as what OM has committed.

Dale Carnegie say admit your faults quickly and emphatically and be forgiven immediately........in other words, drag it out, you're fu ked and look like a liar.....bama did the right thing.....mullen did the right thing with angelo....just saying....

Goldendawg
06-08-2016, 09:00 PM
They can't fire anyone. They are all in "IT" together and any scapegoat might sing like the proverbial canary.

ILOATHEBears
06-08-2016, 09:25 PM
My bet today is Freezus didn't make it to Pearl for the satellite camp but did make it to Ridgeland and a tall building with names on the outside

Bucky Dog
06-08-2016, 09:32 PM
Bo knows gambling!!!!

confucius say
06-08-2016, 10:00 PM

And he is d d Bowie's primary recruiter

DistrictDawg92
06-08-2016, 11:15 PM

A few more

How it all started:
"False opinions are like false money, struck first of all by guilty men and thereafter circulated by honest people who perpetuate the crime without knowing what they are doing." - Joseph de Maistre

How it continued:
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses." - Malcolm X

From January 2016-May 2016:
"The defendant wants to hide the truth because he's generally guilty. The defense attorney's job is to make sure the jury does not arrive at that truth." - Alan Dershowitz

Where we are now:
"I'm absolutely, l00 percent, not guilty." - O. J. Simpson

How it should end:
"Sometimes it's difficult to accept, to recognize one's own mistakes, but one must do it. I was guilty of overconfidence and arrogance, and I was punished for that." - Mikhail Gorbachev

How it will end:
"I'm not supposed to say it, but I was not guilty of any crime. I became a target because I was a strong and a rich woman who had been very successful." - Martha Stewart

mic
06-09-2016, 07:17 AM

Good....

Spiderman
06-09-2016, 07:56 AM

He's recruiting that LB from Starkville very hard, according to the kid himself. All he talks about is Barney.

notsofarawaydawg
06-09-2016, 08:13 AM
They may have asked Barney to resign to save face but I bet they strongly encouraged him not to do so also. That bunch of shit faced idiots will not come out of this smelling like roses but more like a pile of cow manure. They have earned what they are experiencing and know that when the floodgates open, none of them will survive. GTHOM

Coach34
06-09-2016, 08:16 AM
Well- somebody was pulled off for awhile because Werner had to start recruiting again- even if it was short term

But the bottom line is that the boys from Indy are back in Grenada Without the Lake asking a lot of questions again

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-09-2016, 08:23 AM

Me too...

Jack Lambert
06-09-2016, 08:35 AM
Speaking of Opportunity fund, I heard that Vandy used it to pay for the funeral of the kid who died last week. Has anyone else heard that?

Boodawg
06-09-2016, 08:52 AM
Speaking of Opportunity fund, I heard that Vandy used it to pay for the funeral of the kid who died last week. Has anyone else heard that?

Yes, they used it for the funeral of the Pitcher that drowned.

ShotgunDawg
06-09-2016, 09:12 AM
They're still doing the Cannon Motors loaner deal, I think. I'm currently doing work up in Oxford and an obvious football player (don't know which one) drove up with a brand new black Camaro from Cannon. One of my coworkers jokingly asked to drive it and he got a serious look on his face and said he was the only one that could.

This wouldn't surprise me in the least. Not sure how the NCAA would find out though

MSUDawg99
06-09-2016, 09:23 AM

Yes there was a thread on it yesterday. That's what an Opp Fund is for. Well done, Vandy. Very well done.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-09-2016, 10:04 AM
Well- somebody was pulled off for awhile because Werner had to start recruiting again- even if it was short term

But the bottom line is that the boys from Indy are back in Grenada Without the Lake asking a lot of questions again

Wasn't it Kiffin?

MaroonFlounder
06-09-2016, 11:57 AM
Kiffin, Nix, Harris, Farrar, and Miller, and the rev freezus should all be unemployed soon if there's any justice at all on this.

And Matt Luke was rumored to be one of the unnamed individuals at the tunsil domestic incident. I believe he was one of the first to lawyer up.

ckDOG
06-09-2016, 01:31 PM
This thread combined with OM's light showing at the Harbaugh camp yesterday (Nix only?) makes me happy. Self sanctioning or the NCAA got them locked up in a room looking into the Tunsil bomb? Either way, I like it.