PDA

View Full Version : Preseason All-SEC Offense by AL.com

SDDawg
06-08-2016, 10:15 AM
A thing of beauty, so many folks are mad about this today. Enjoy the message board and Twitter meltdowns.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/06/meet_the_70th_annual_birmingha.html#0

Coach34
06-08-2016, 10:20 AM
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/06/meet_the_70th_annual_birmingha.html?platform=hoots uite#0

no real surprises. Ross got 2nd team- and we dont have an offensive lineman anywhere near it yet again

Dobbs chosen over Machine Gun as 1st team QB- Bearsharks pouting around the South

Jack Lambert
06-08-2016, 10:21 AM
Fred Ross not 1st team? They still listing Cam Robinson. I guess he is going to play.

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2016, 10:27 AM
Thought it was interesting this morning when I heard Bo Bounds talk about MGK being a top 5 overall pick in the draft. Where was this talk after last season? Why in the hell did he choose to come back to school if he could've been a top 5 overall pick. Very odd.

Additionally Bo, when you glorify a team that cheated their ass off to get where they are, you are part of the problem. It's well known at this point how Ole Miss built their current team & every time you talk them up, you are incentivising the cheating. If you need more facts about what's going up there, feel free to ask

Dawg61
06-08-2016, 10:31 AM
Thought it was interesting this morning when I heard Bo Bounds talk about MGK being a top 5 overall pick in the draft. Where was this talk after last season? Why in the hell did he choose to come back to school if he could've been a top 5 overall pick. Very odd.

Additionally Bo, when you glorify a team that cheated their ass off to get where they are, you are part of the problem. It's well known at this point how Ole Miss built their current team & every time you talk them up, you are incentivising the cheating. If you need more facts about what's going up there, feel free to ask

MGK's right eye might be top 5 on paper but his left eye dropped of the page

Dawgowar
06-08-2016, 10:32 AM
Honestly surprised we have anyone on offense getting any love in preseason. Mullen though has pushed all his chips onto the table with this OL. Have full faith in his ability to get something out of the QB position (and not looking for Dak-like performances, just competent at first) and Gonzalez's ability to put good WR's on the field. None of that matters if the lineman can't block - or if the ones who can do not stay healthy all season.

Homedawg
06-08-2016, 10:33 AM
Fred Ross not 1st team? They still listing Cam Robinson. I guess he is going to play.

Why would he not? That will never be a felony on his part. Only way is they find out HE stole the gun. That's it. Otherwise he'll play.

DogsofAnarchy
06-08-2016, 10:46 AM
Honestly surprised we have anyone on offense getting any love in preseason. Mullen though has pushed all his chips onto the table with this OL. Have full faith in his ability to get something out of the QB position (and not looking for Dak-like performances, just competent at first) and Gonzalez's ability to put good WR's on the field. None of that matters if the lineman can't block - or if the ones who can do not stay healthy all season.

This is the year that makes or breaks John Hevesy and Dan Mullen as far as I am concerned. Hevesy has been a disappointment on the recruiting trail and this is obviously because he can't identify and make a decision on his own about OL's. We will see if Dan is the genius he thinks he is and we will see if Hevesy can turn shit into sugar. Because they sure have led us to believe that they can.

I will never get over the fact that perhaps the best QB we have ever had at state, had to sit and watch for two years. I know, I know, some of you are going to say, well that was when he was developing. Spare my ass.

LanceHarbor
06-08-2016, 10:48 AM
Nice to see Avery Gennessey, another MSU OL whiff, making the list.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/06/meet_the_70th_annual_birmingha.html?platform=hoots uite#0

no real surprises. Ross got 2nd team- and we dont have an offensive lineman anywhere near it yet again

Dobbs chosen over Machine Gun as 1st team QB- Bearsharks pouting around the South

Commercecomet24
06-08-2016, 11:02 AM

Top 5? I guess Bo been smoking some of the unm spice! Holy crap there's no way that guy is even close to that! He's to short, to small and relies to much on his arm, on top of all the baggage he brings with him. I don't even know that he'll be drafted at all. Come on, Bo!

Commercecomet24
06-08-2016, 11:04 AM
MGK's right eye might be top 5 on paper but his left eye dropped of the page

If you don't think that's funny you can get the heck out of here! Bravo!

JoseBrown
06-08-2016, 11:17 AM

Yea, it sounded like Bo was personally offended MGK wasn't voted first team by the SID's. He was really upset about it. That's when I turned off the radio. He said something like if MGK wanted to he could throw it to Bo through the tv screen. He's that accurate with that great of an arm...

thf24
06-08-2016, 11:27 AM
Can't fault Bo for making the right business decision by talking up the guy in the region he covers over the guy outside that region. Annoying maybe, but expected. As long as we aren't on the other end of his argument then I don't really care.

louisvilledawg
06-08-2016, 11:33 AM
Top 5? I guess Bo been smoking some of the unm spice! Holy crap there's no way that guy is even close to that! He's to short, to small and relies to much on his arm, on top of all the baggage he brings with him. I don't even know that he'll be drafted at all. Come on, Bo!

MGK is projected to be a top 3 round qb. I'm confused by your too small talk. He's 6'2 210. not small by any means. No way in hell he sniffs the early part of round 1 though.

Bo also said that errol robinson would be a top 2 round mlb draft pick. So lolz at that.

Bo is just pandering to his ole miss audience for them $$$$. I get it.

Homedawg
06-08-2016, 11:34 AM
Based on field performance mgk should have been first team.

Coach34
06-08-2016, 11:48 AM
Based on field performance mgk should have been first team.

MGK lost all 5 OL starters and a 1st round draft pick at WR. It's easy to see why there is some skepticism and Dobbs is 1st team- considering what Tenn has around him this year.

Commercecomet24
06-08-2016, 11:54 AM
MGK is projected to be a top 3 round qb. I'm confused by your too small talk. He's 6'2 210. not small by any means. No way in hell he sniffs the early part of round 1 though.

Bo also said that errol robinson would be a top 2 round mlb draft pick. So lolz at that.

Bo is just pandering to his ole miss audience for them $$$$. I get it.

That's really what I was referring too, is that the prototypical first round qb is on average a little over 6'4"(according to usa today). I also doubt he's 6'2". I just don't see him being successful in the NFL. I see him as a poor mans Johnny Manziel(and we all know how that turned out). True on what Bo said about Errol Robinson, I mean wow on that one lol!

LC Dawg
06-08-2016, 11:54 AM
I hate Ole Miss as much as anyone but I'd take Kelly in a heartbeat and provide him with a gas mask and more than enough weed to last the season.
I'll bet that some conference SIDs or any athletic department officials that vote on all-sec teams won't vote for any Ole Miss players because they are pissed off at them for blatantly cheating and acting holier than everyone else in the conference. I hope this is happening and it couldn't happen to a better bunch of dickheads.

Homedawg
06-08-2016, 12:00 PM
MGK lost all 5 OL starters and a 1st round draft pick at WR. It's easy to see why there is some skepticism and Dobbs is 1st team- considering what Tenn has around him this year.

I get all that. But it's preseason and based on how they've done previously, he was the better of the 2.

Coach34
06-08-2016, 12:04 PM
I get all that. But it's preseason and based on how they've done previously, he was the better of the 2.

Sans turnovers- he did have a 2nd team All-SEC season. No doubt

thf24
06-08-2016, 12:32 PM
I'd like to think the fact that MGK's turnovers went way down at the same time Tunsil started playing last year is an indicator of how his upcoming season will go.