PDA

View Full Version : It's final. Seven conferences will be represented in the Super Regionals

TaleofTwoDogs
06-07-2016, 07:11 PM
The breakdown:

SEC (5) MSU, Florida, Tam, SC, LSU

ACC (4) Florida St, BC, Miami, Louisville

Big XII ( 3) Okla St, TCU, TX Tech

Pac XII (1) AZ

Big West (1) UCSB

American (1) East Carolina

Big South (1) Coastal Carolina

Edited to add 7 teams from 2015 SRs are repeating: Miami, Florida, Florida St, LSU, TCU, TxAM, & Louisville - should be added incentive working for these teams which is not a good thing for the Dawgs.

smootness
06-07-2016, 07:13 PM
Should be fun. I think there's close to a 50/50 chance all 5 SEC teams get to Omaha.

RocketDawg
06-07-2016, 07:16 PM
That's a little surprising considering all the regionals were concentrated in the South. That probably won't happen again next year. Super participation is still mostly southern, but not totally.

Coach34
06-07-2016, 07:20 PM
I think SC and LSU are 50/50 to make it to Omaha...I think Fla, A&M, and State are 75% Omaha-Bound

smootness
06-07-2016, 07:22 PM
That's a little surprising considering all the regionals were concentrated in the South. That probably won't happen again next year. Super participation is still mostly southern, but not totally.

Eh, I would imagine 10/16 regional hosts winning is pretty close to the norm. It's just that when all the regionals are in the South, if a host loses, it will be a Southern team that lost. Naturally.

Dawghouse
06-07-2016, 07:44 PM
Would someone mind posting what teams are on what side of the Omaha brackets?

I'm in the middle of nowhere in a third world country with Internet that makes AOL dialup look like fiber to the home and somehow elitedawgs is about the only site that loads in under a minute. It would be much appreciated.

smootness
06-07-2016, 07:55 PM

I'm in the middle of nowhere in a third world country with Internet that makes AOL dialup look like fiber to the home and somehow elitedawgs is about the only site that loads in under a minute. It would be much appreciated.

Looks like this:

Florida - FSU
LSU - Coastal Carolina

Texas Tech - E Carolina
A&M - TCU

Louisville - UCSB
SC - Oklahoma St

MSU - Arizona
Miami - BC

Top 8 teams are on one side of the bracket, bottom 8 on the other side. We would play the winner of Miami-BC in game 1 if we made it to Omaha, with Louisville/UCSB and SC/OSU as the other two teams on our side.

Coach34
06-07-2016, 07:55 PM

BC @ Miami
East Carolina @ Texas TechM
Arizona @ State
TCU @ Texas A&M
Fla St @ Fla
Coastal Carolina @ LSU
Ok State @ South Carolina
UC Santa Barbara @ Louisville

A&M winner plays TT winner in CWS
Fla Winner plays LSU winner in CWS

Louisville winner plays SC winner in CWS
Miami winner opens with State winner in CWS

State could be the only SEC team on its side in the CWS

smootness
06-07-2016, 08:00 PM
Shoot, technically State could be the only SEC team in the CWS at all.

State82
06-07-2016, 08:08 PM
Shoot, technically State could be the only SEC team in the CWS at all.

For me personally, nothing could be sweeter.

Dawghouse
06-07-2016, 10:14 PM
Thanks, I owe you. If Dan ever finds a 5 star LT that's needs some heppin tell him to call me. We'll get him down here for some rehabilitation.

I don't think we have a Church of Scientology here but we've got photoshop which is the next best thing. I'll have him feeding orphans with Tom Cruise and back on the plane in time for two-a-days.

RocketDawg
06-07-2016, 11:11 PM
Eh, I would imagine 10/16 regional hosts winning is pretty close to the norm. It's just that when all the regionals are in the South, if a host loses, it will be a Southern team that lost. Naturally.

Yes, you're right. Having all Southern hosts skews the thought process (or mine), but as you say, probably in any given year about 1/3 of the hosts wind up losing.

Reason2succeed
06-07-2016, 11:22 PM
For me personally, nothing could be sweeter.

Yeah, I'm done with the whole S.E.C. crap. State fans always cheer on Bama, LSU, and Florida on a national stage. Ask them if they've EVER cheered for us. Screw them.

TaleofTwoDogs
06-07-2016, 11:55 PM
Yeah, I'm done with the whole S.E.C. crap. State fans always cheer on Bama, LSU, and Florida on a national stage. Ask them if they've EVER cheered for us. Screw them.

I doubt many of them were alive back in '41. ***

smootness
06-08-2016, 09:01 AM

Oh, I've never rooted for other SEC schools. Why would I? I hate them.

Johnson85
06-08-2016, 09:17 AM
Should be fun. I think there's close to a 50/50 chance all 5 SEC teams get to Omaha.

If all 5 SEC teams had an 85% probability of winning their super regional, there still wouldn't be a 50/50 chance that all 5 SEC teams advanced. If all five SEC teams had a 75% probability of winning, there'd be less than a 24% chance of all 5 making it. That would mean the five teams had an average of 85% probability of winning their super regional.