Week 1 South Alabama 11:00AM SECN
Week 2 USCe 6:00PM ESPN or ESPN2
Week 3 @LSU 6:00PM ESPN or ESPN2

BulldogBear
06-07-2016, 03:02 PM
Week 1 South Alabama 11:00AM SECN
Week 2 USCe 6:00PM ESPN or ESPN2
Week 3 @LSU 6:00PM ESPN or ESPN2

Well, there goes the gameday/dovehunt double. Crap, will have to weigh options for sure now.

Leroy Jenkins
06-07-2016, 03:54 PM
Can we switch the week 1 and week 3 game times?

Thanks.

Bama_Dawg
06-07-2016, 04:00 PM
Nephew plays for USA, so I'll be there for at least that one. Why you schedule a game in the South in September while the sun is high is beyond me. Yay TV!

RocketDawg
06-07-2016, 04:00 PM
That 11 a.m. start for the S. Ala game will cause brutal conditions on the east side, north end zone, and west upper deck unless we're really fortunate with the weather. Temps could easily approach or exceed 100. I sat through an Auburn game some years ago and it was comparable to playing in Memphis in the early 2000s. That one should be a night game, TV or not.

Jack Lambert
06-07-2016, 04:16 PM
I enjoy 11:00 games. I don't tail gate. I don't drink alcohol. I go to games to be with my son. We go, get out of the car, go to the stadium, watch the game, go home. Every home game that's what we do. What i like about the 11:00 games we get home in time to watch a bunch more football games.

That's just me and it sucks for everyone else.

The 6:00 are good because it has cooled down and I don't get home at 2:00 in the morning. I still like the earlier games.

BulldogBear
06-07-2016, 04:43 PM
That 11 a.m. start for the S. Ala game will cause brutal conditions on the east side, north end zone, and west upper deck unless we're really fortunate with the weather. Temps could easily approach or exceed 100. I sat through an Auburn game some years ago and it was comparable to playing in Memphis in the early 2000s. That one should be a night game, TV or not.

I enjoy 11:00 games. I don't tail gate. I don't drink alcohol. I go to games to be with my son. We go, get out of the car, go to the stadium, watch the game, go home. Every home game that's what we do. What i like about the 11:00 games we get home in time to watch a bunch more football games.

That's just me and it sucks for everyone else.

The 6:00 are good because it has cooled down and I don't get home at 2:00 in the morning. I still like the earlier games.

I don't mind 11:00am games at all. I do mind broiling in the sun in daytime games in September.

Coach34
06-07-2016, 05:14 PM
11am games before late Sept should be illegal. This is 2016.

RougeDawg
06-07-2016, 05:23 PM
Anybody need USA tickets and/or gridiron passes?** semi serious. We pay good money to enjoy OOC games and should not have to melt during them. Every OOC game should be night and tell tv to F*ck off.

Coach34
06-07-2016, 05:44 PM
Well for example- my group has Scoreboard Club tickets- so we are lucky in that I can take my 7 and 5 year old inside to watch the game on TV in the AC. But I want them to watch the game as it is meant to be- in their seat. 7 and 5 year olds wont fair very well in 97 degree heat on the 1st Sat of September. People 60 and up wont either. Not to mention the players will also struggle.

We have the means in 2016 to have games later in the evening to help everybody involved. Anything 11-4 just shouldnt happen until you get into the backside of September

Schultzy
06-07-2016, 05:51 PM
That Alcorn game a few years ago damn near killed me and I left after their band played. But playing the next two later makes me happy.

War Machine Dawg
06-07-2016, 06:29 PM
11am games before late Sept should be illegal. This is 2016.

This all day.

starkvegasdawg
06-07-2016, 06:36 PM
That Alcorn game a few years ago damn near killed me and I left after their band played. But playing the next two later makes me happy.

I remember that game. I had been given tickets in the east side upper deck and that was the only way my wife and kids made it because it shared the concourse with the club level which was air conditioned. No way they would have made it otherwise.

RocketDawg
06-07-2016, 06:45 PM
I don't mind 11:00am games at all. I do mind broiling in the sun in daytime games in September.

Yeah, that's what I meant too. I can drive down in the morning, see the game, and get home safely at a reasonable hour. So I like 11 a.m games. I just don't like them in early September. I'm in Club Level, so I can always go inside, but I'd much rather watch the game from my seat in the ballgame atmosphere. And on a day like that, the CL will be so crowded it would be hard to move, let alone see the game even through the glass. That might be better than a heat stroke though.

FISHDAWG
06-07-2016, 08:17 PM
well last year some of the early season games were just too late and even Dan complained ... I'll take these three starting times any day

War Machine Dawg
06-07-2016, 08:30 PM
well last year some of the early season games were just too late and even Dan complained ... I'll take these three starting times any day

11 AM and 9 PM both suck. It's like the Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton of kickoff times. Neither one should ever happen. Until October, no game south of the Mason-Dixon Line should start earlier than 430.

DudyDawg
06-08-2016, 08:30 AM
We schedule 11 am games and then bitch at students leaving early. Genius

Jarius
06-08-2016, 08:38 AM
The stadium will be empty at half time for the USA game. That's going to be brutal. I will be sitting on my couch for that one.

Dawg61
06-08-2016, 08:55 AM
Mullen is expecting thunderstorms that night. Seriously though that time slot is just flat out stupid. It's equivalent to Alaska scheduling football games at 2am in January.

starkvegasdawg
06-08-2016, 09:05 AM
When a player on a team has a heat stroke on the 50 yard line then they may take a look at this. I fear that is what it will take, though. I know a game a couple of years ago, I forgot which one, we had people in the stands as well as band members taken out of the stadium due to heat. I had to leave an early game last year with my son before it was over because it was just too hot. I was pumping $4 power ades down him as fast as I could and taking him down under the stadium for long stretches at a time, but eventually enough was enough and we called it. Got us each one more power ade to have while we waited in line at the trolley. At that Alcorn State game that was mentioned I saw an elderly lady get too hot and pass out waiting for the trolley after the game.

I have to get on my soapbox for a minute. If I piss any one off then tough. But when it is hotter than the devil's balls at a football game, LEAVE YOUR BABY AND TODDLER AT HOME. They can't cope with the heat like you can. It always blows my mind when it's 100 degrees at a game and I see all these parents bringing in their babies to sit in that brutal heat. And in the name of all that is holy, if you're going to bring your kids to a game that hot, get them a hat and some sunglasses. Seen too many times the parents are all decked out and prepared for the heat with their $300 Oakleys and nice hat and the kid is out there barely able to open their eyes because they have neither.

Mjoelner34
06-08-2016, 09:40 AM
When are we going to announce that the USA game is a 'blackout'?

starkvegasdawg
06-08-2016, 09:50 AM
When are we going to announce that the USA game is a 'blackout'?

If the weather is as expected then I am sure they will be several people in the stands doing just that.

Mjoelner34
06-08-2016, 09:53 AM
If the weather is as expected then I am sure they will be several people in the stands doing just that.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/bigbangtheory/images/c/c4/Bazinga.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120611163046

Jack Lambert
06-08-2016, 10:05 AM
I guess tickets will be cheap. Buy two extra tickets in the upper east side and when you get hot just go up there and go inside the air condition concessions. Once cool of go back to your regular seats.

Dawg61
06-08-2016, 10:27 AM
When a player on a team has a heat stroke on the 50 yard line then they may take a look at this. I fear that is what it will take, though. I know a game a couple of years ago, I forgot which one, we had people in the stands as well as band members taken out of the stadium due to heat. I had to leave an early game last year with my son before it was over because it was just too hot. I was pumping $4 power ades down him as fast as I could and taking him down under the stadium for long stretches at a time, but eventually enough was enough and we called it. Got us each one more power ade to have while we waited in line at the trolley. At that Alcorn State game that was mentioned I saw an elderly lady get too hot and pass out waiting for the trolley after the game.

I have to get on my soapbox for a minute. If I piss any one off then tough. But when it is hotter than the devil's balls at a football game, LEAVE YOUR BABY AND TODDLER AT HOME. They can't cope with the heat like you can. It always blows my mind when it's 100 degrees at a game and I see all these parents bringing in their babies to sit in that brutal heat. And in the name of all that is holy, if you're going to bring your kids to a game that hot, get them a hat and some sunglasses. Seen too many times the parents are all decked out and prepared for the heat with their $300 Oakleys and nice hat and the kid is out there barely able to open their eyes because they have neither.

Great speech but people that cook their babies at football games probably ain't reading elitedawgs

Howboutdemdogs
06-08-2016, 10:32 AM
Camouflage will be the dress attire for the first game. Have to leave the dove field early, and hit the field late. The before and after the game time line.

Maroons
06-08-2016, 11:14 AM
We schedule 11 am games and then bitch at students leaving early. Genius

Who do you think scheduled the game time? Hint: not us.

BulldogBear
06-08-2016, 12:34 PM
Camouflage will be the dress attire for the first game. Have to leave the dove field early, and hit the field late. The before and after the game time line.

Considering that myself. We hunt in Flora. I'd have to leave the field at 8:00am AT THE LATEST. If I tried to go afterward I'd be looking at getting into the field probably no earlier than 5:30pm and that's a best case scenario. I'd rather they moved this thing to Thursday night if it can't be Saturday night.

Jarius
06-08-2016, 01:07 PM
My in-laws went to the Oxford regional last weekend to watch that 2 and q and my mother in law told me that 2 women nearly fought in the bathroom because one of them brought a baby to the game and the baby was extremely red and nearing heat stroke status. One of the ladies starting cussing out the one with the baby and asked her why in the hell she had a child that age out in the sun like that. Kids at games that hot are a no go and parents should know better.

PassInterference
06-08-2016, 01:18 PM
A company in Connecticut is paying us a crap ton of money to allow them to call the game times.