PDA

View Full Version : 5:00 pm start for Friday's game... I like it.

AlmostPositive
06-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Late enough for max attendance.

Early enough to see how our Arizona friends like the weather. Also shadows that our guys are used to.

Cohen seems to be choosing game times extra strategically these days.

starkvegasdawg
06-07-2016, 02:37 PM
Early enough to see how our Arizona friends like the weather.

The high in Tuscon today is 107. I wouldn't count on the weather bothering them too much.

War Machine Dawg
06-07-2016, 02:43 PM
The high in Tuscon today is 107. I wouldn't count on the weather bothering them too much.

Dry heat versus humidity.

notoriousdog
06-07-2016, 02:49 PM
Cohen seems to be choosing game times extra strategically these days.
Game times are dictated by the NCAA and TV at this point. Still, glad we didn't get stuck with early or mid-day games.

starkvegasdawg
06-07-2016, 02:52 PM
Dry heat versus humidity.

Normally I would agree with you but our humidity this weekend is not going to be very bad. Hanging around 30%. Not wanting to be argumentative with anybody but our weather this weekend is not going to be a factor with them. They will be more than comfortable with the naturally occurring atmospheric conditions. We'll need to gain an advantage by the atmospheric conditions created by 12,000 screaming fans and so much smoke drifting across the outfield they think they're in a forest fire.

Dawgfan61
06-07-2016, 03:11 PM
Dry heat versus humidity. I can tell you from personal experience dry heat versus humidity is pure crap. 110 is hot no matter if its dry or has humidity. I will say that in Palm Springs, California (basically a desert) 110 feels like you are baking in an oven as opposed to a steam bath.

ShotgunDawg
06-07-2016, 03:49 PM
Would you guys start arguing about weather helping us for a baseball game? It's freaking baseball. This isn't a big endurance sport like basketball or soccer. The weather will have no bearing on this regional, particularly against a team that just won at ULL a place that's even more humid than Starkville

Westdawg
06-07-2016, 03:51 PM
What time is the game for Saturday? I may have a lead on some tix for that day and need to know what time I need to leave to get there.

starkvegasdawg
06-07-2016, 04:22 PM
What time is the game for Saturday? I may have a lead on some tix for that day and need to know what time I need to leave to get there.

All games slated for a 5:00 first pitch.