PDA

View Full Version : I enjoy putting together my own

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-06-2016, 10:48 PM
scouting report during the regional's each year. Working on some Arizona numbers tonight while watching their game.

One thing that jumped out at me that should play into our favor this weekend.....

Their ace threw 14 innings during the Lafayette regional. A total of 198 pitches thrown.

Just rumor at the moment, but I've heard they are shipping him a new arm from Arizona and should be meeting him in Starkville in time for our series.

CadaverDawg
06-06-2016, 10:52 PM
I'm looking forward to your full preview. You gonna post it? How do you see us matching up so far?

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-06-2016, 11:31 PM
I'm looking forward to your full preview. You gonna post it? How do you see us matching up so far?

I'll put up what I find if y'all want me too. I like what I'm seeing so far. They threw 5 guys multiple GAMES during the regional. One guy threw 3 times. You saw what I put about their ace. Another thing I want to go back and look at to get straight. During the broadcast tonight they were talking about how much traveling Arizona had done the past couple of weeks. Since they didn't have a conference tourney, they played a series AT Hawaii May 27, 28 and 29 and then had to be in Lafayette on the 2nd to begin play on the 3rd. They were AT Oregon the weekend before that. So, these guys have got to be tired, particularly playing 5 games the last 4 days. And 4 of those the past 2 days; doubleheader Sunday and today. Would be even better if NCAA started our series on Friday, but I'm thinking they probably won't.

RocketDawg
06-07-2016, 04:51 AM
Traveling shouldn't be a huge issue given their age ... 18-22 year olds are remarkably resilient. Major League players do it all the time. I suppose they probably have charter flights and aren't having to sit around the airport in Dallas or Atlanta, but it's still not a huge issue. Before I retired, I traveled all the time to the west coast and it wasn't a huge impact.

In Arizona's case, the humidity of Starkville will probably be a bigger issue than traveling, but they've had a bit of exposure to it already in Louisiana. This weekend's forecast has some very hot temps coming up with middle 90s expected and no rain. It gets hotter than that in Tucson, but the Mississippi humidity is the killer.

starkvegasdawg
06-07-2016, 06:42 AM
Just looking at one model for this weekend and it won't be too bad by their standards. The GFS is calling for temps in the mid 90's to around 100 Saturday through Monday but with the humidity only 25-30%. That wold put the HI around 101 for the weekend. This will have dew points in the low 60's with is the bottom threshold of starting to feel muggy. A far cry from our August days where it feels like you could literally ring the air out with your bare hands.

GTHOM
06-07-2016, 07:19 AM
We should beat them regardless of the weather, too much on the line not too