PDA

View Full Version : The Ninja coming back to Starkville

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-06-2016, 09:41 PM
'Zona takes down ULL

somebodyshotmypaw
06-06-2016, 09:45 PM
And we are going to whip his ass worse than Ron Polk wanted to.

M.Fillmore
06-06-2016, 09:53 PM
I hope we sweep Arizona. I also hope no one talks smack with Byrne. Yes, he left us. But without Byrne our sports program would not be in the good shape that it is in today. He deserves a lot of respect.

mic
06-06-2016, 10:17 PM
I hope we sweep Arizona. I also hope no one talks smack with Byrne. Yes, he left us. But without Byrne our sports program would not be in the good shape that it is in today. He deserves a lot of respect.

No need to worry about this... That's something UMiss would stoop too ..
GB will probably get a warmer welcome than our current AD...

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-06-2016, 10:20 PM
No need to worry about this... That's something UMiss would stoop too ..
GB will probably get a warmer welcome than our current AD...

I'd let him throw out the first pitch if it were up to me.

DownwardDawg
06-06-2016, 10:37 PM
He has many close friends here. He'll enjoy his time other than the losses he's getting.

CadaverDawg
06-06-2016, 10:48 PM
Arizona won't be a pushover

preachermatt83
06-06-2016, 10:51 PM

Hear, Here.

BayouDawg
06-06-2016, 11:14 PM

Nope. Absolutely can't afford to gift them base runners with walks and errors. If we can be solid in the field and keep walks down we'll be fine. Just got to make them earn it

RocketDawg
06-07-2016, 04:59 AM

That's especially true in football, and appears to be that way for basketball and women's basketball (both Stricken hires, but Byrne got things going). I don't even know who our AD was in our baseball heyday in the 80s. Was it Templeton then?

I wondered it then and still do ... is Arizona a better job than MSU? I think he said at the time it was his "dream job" and the only place he'd go other than MSU but I never really knew why.

Tbonewannabe
06-07-2016, 06:43 AM
Isn't he also a graduate of our great University?

JoseBrown
06-07-2016, 06:50 AM

I doubt think you have anything to worry about. Afterall, he is the Ninja!! But I do hope we whip his baseball team in two...

shannondawg
06-07-2016, 07:35 AM
He brought us out of the dark ages. Lets give him a warm welcome.

Jack Lambert
06-07-2016, 07:39 AM
Isn't he also a graduate of our great University?

He is Arizona State Grad. Stricklin is a Miss State grad.

Johnson85
06-07-2016, 08:24 AM

Nobody from here on out will be a pushover. There are occasionally some teams that "luck" into supers (hell, Polk's last world series team may have lucked into Omaha), but pretty safe bet that everybody from here on out is dangerous.

starkvegasdawg
06-07-2016, 08:34 AM
Nobody from here on out will be a pushover. There are occasionally some teams that "luck" into supers (hell, Polk's last world series team may have lucked into Omaha), but pretty safe bet that everybody from here on out is dangerous.

http://www.doctornerdlove.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/walter_white_danger.gif

ScoobaDawg
06-07-2016, 10:08 AM
He is Arizona State Grad. Stricklin is a Miss State grad.

Well technically he is both. Undergrad at ASU and Masters at MSU.
And now he is back "home" working at his in-state rival.

MarketingBully
06-07-2016, 10:12 AM

I don't think you have to worry about our team overlooking a Pac-12 power five conference team. Didn't we play them last year at their place? I think we will want revenge on these bastards.

RocketDawg
06-07-2016, 12:43 PM
I don't think you have to worry about our team overlooking a Pac-12 power five conference team. Didn't we play them last year at their place? I think we will want revenge on these bastards.

Probably much less a chance of overlooking the Power 5 team than ULL, a mid-major. And overlooking them would be a very bad mistake.