PDA

View Full Version : Malzahn sings contract extension thru 2020

Coach34
06-06-2016, 06:34 PM
I didnt think he was on the hotseat- contrary to popular belief. Plus- I think they will be improved this year. But those WR and LB questions have to get answered

Bothrops
06-06-2016, 06:40 PM
Not to mention qb.

Coach34
06-06-2016, 06:46 PM
They signed a juco QB that is supposed to be Mr Excitement. I think he's been named the starter

Reason2succeed
06-06-2016, 06:48 PM
That's surprising. Isn't it kind of late in the year for contract signings. Usually this is done right after the season in December and January. Maybe they are trying to get ahead of the growing rumor that he is on the hot seat. Rumors like that can cramp recruiting and will be mentioned on broadcast of every game. They just made his contract extension the new narrative in its place.

dawgoneyall
06-06-2016, 06:49 PM
I didnt think he was on the hotseat- contrary to popular belief. Plus- I think they will be improved this year. But those WR and LB questions have to get answered

I would sing also.

FISHDAWG
06-06-2016, 07:03 PM
not sure that's going to go over very well with home boys ... but anything that irritates them tickles the crap out of me

Taog Redloh
06-06-2016, 07:07 PM
Chizik and Tuberville got extensions too.

He's on the hot seat. They are losing players left and right. As good of a play-caller as he is, he's not a great manager of men apparently.

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

Houston Nutt
06-06-2016, 07:19 PM
Extensions? Let me tell you somethin about extensions, men.

After my record-settin' 9-4 season in '08 -- 'member that boys? National Champ Florida. Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. Tim Tebow. Nobody gave us a chance. Nobody believed in us. But let me tell you somethin -- I had 80 boys in that locker room that DID have one common belief. They believed in ME. They rallied around me. Coach Nutt (that's what I tol'em to call me lol) had been there before. I called those plays. I captured those hearts. I electrical-taped those kids hands to that rope. It was my rope, too. I brought it from the house.

Ol' Petey gave me 4 years worth a slick 10 million. I shared with our kids. Sonic blasts. Cake. Whack-a-mole. You name it, I supplied it for those boys.

And they turned on me..

They flipped the script and did Ol' Coach Nutt in...

The moral of this story is simply... Contracts mean diddly. They mean nothin' at all. Look at Ol' Coach Nutt

FISHDAWG
06-06-2016, 07:29 PM
seems like they are determined to pay for two head coaches at the same time .... they have been doing that for a while now.

PMDawg
06-06-2016, 07:43 PM
Extensions? Let me tell you somethin about extensions, men.

After my record-settin' 9-4 season in '08 -- 'member that boys? National Champ Florida. Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. Tim Tebow. Nobody gave us a chance. Nobody believed in us. But let me tell you somethin -- I had 80 boys in that locker room that DID have one common belief. They believed in ME. They rallied around me. Coach Nutt (that's what I tol'em to call me lol) had been there before. I called those plays. I captured those hearts. I electrical-taped those kids hands to that rope. It was my rope, too. I brought it from the house.

Ol' Petey gave me 4 years worth a slick 10 million. I shared with our kids. Sonic blasts. Cake. Whack-a-mole. You name it, I supplied it for those boys.

And they turned on me..

They flipped the script and did Ol' Coach Nutt in...

The moral of this story is simply... Contracts mean diddly. They mean nothin' at all. Look at Ol' Coach Nutt

Where is the "like" button?

Goldendawg
06-06-2016, 07:43 PM
Finebaum said this had been in the works since April. Said Alabama fans are much happier about it than Auburn fans. He called it an Ole Miss term, "a mistake".

Coach34
06-06-2016, 07:44 PM
Chizik and Tuberville got extensions too.

and neither were fired the year after getting an extension

Ifyouonlyknew
06-06-2016, 07:51 PM
His contract was already through 2019 they added a year to 2020 but his buyout remained the same so it wouldn't cost them any extra to fire him. This really doesn't change his situation at all besides a PR move to attempt to show some stability.

Houston Nutt
06-06-2016, 07:52 PM
Where is the "like" button?

I "like" hittin' that red Sonic button and yellin out large Oreo blast - extra Oreo's!! Donna says I order too loud. I tell her to hush. She obliges more often than not. She knows ol' Coach Nutt don't take a backseat to a woman. Matter fact, I only... Well... Coach Nutt will havta tell y'all boys later

Goldendawg
06-06-2016, 07:53 PM
Finebaum stated more $ on both the front and back end.

HSVDawg
06-06-2016, 07:54 PM
That is great news for the rest of the SEC West.

Goldendawg
06-06-2016, 07:55 PM
Houston, did you know Nabisco has move the Oreo production from Chicago plant to Mexico? Even Obama pitched a fit.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-06-2016, 07:55 PM
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/06/gus_malzahn_signs_extension_at.html

Goldendawg
06-06-2016, 08:04 PM
Thanks, IYOK. I hadn't read the article, just watched Finebaum ( which I often consider to be more of an Alabama soap opera than an accurate sports news show).

missouridawg
06-06-2016, 08:39 PM
Gus won't survive a 6 or 7 win season. It's become very apparent that Gus has no clue how to be the CEO of a team. He sucks with the defense and doesn't develop players well at all. If he doesn't have a great QB, his teams are not very competitive.

Jack Lambert
06-06-2016, 08:43 PM
I think they just shot themselves in the dick.

Jack Lambert
06-06-2016, 08:44 PM
They signed a juco QB that is supposed to be Mr Excitement. I think he's been named the starter

To me just the fact they had to sign a JUCO QB he isn't doing a very good job.

Reason2succeed
06-06-2016, 08:48 PM
Gus won't survive a 6 or 7 win season. It's become very apparent that Gus has no clue how to be the CEO of a team. He sucks with the defense and doesn't develop players well at all. If he doesn't have a great QB, his teams are not very competitive.

I agree somewhat about the QB. He has a very friendly QB system that made Nick Marshall look awesome. The problem is that none of the QBs they had last year fit that system.

As far as being a good CEO I agree but it is kind of hard to tell players what to do after you've paid them so much money. When fanbase a like OM's and Auburn's begin buying players they fail to realize that you can't buy heart, dedication, and you definitely can't buy discipline. That's why OM could beat Bama and lose to Memphis and Arkansas. No discipline.

Csdog
06-06-2016, 09:27 PM
I think they just shot themselves in the dick.

The only number that matters is the buyout

Coach34
06-06-2016, 09:44 PM

They may have the best OL and DL in the SEC. They are not going to be a 6 win team

Taog Redloh
06-06-2016, 09:48 PM
and neither were fired the year after getting an extension

Right....

http://espn.go.com/college-football/news/story?id=3141776

FARRRRRRRTTTTT

Jack Lambert
06-07-2016, 07:30 AM
The only number that matters is the buyout

Yep. He might work out for them.

Bama_Dawg
06-07-2016, 10:00 AM
To me just the fact they had to sign a JUCO QB he isn't doing a very good job.

I live in AL, so I hear all about the Bammers and Barners. The Juco guy sucks just as bad as the rest of the QB stable, cause they've got a bunch and they all stink. From what I've heard, if they had to name a starter today (which they haven't), it would be Sean White.

QB is their big challenge this year, and they will probably get bowl eligible, but it won't be by much.

Giving Malzahn and extension by one year is really stupid, since it adds almost $3 million to his buyout should he leave or be forced to leave.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-07-2016, 10:02 AM
Giving Malzahn and extension by one year is really stupid, since it adds almost $3 million to his buyout should he leave or be forced to leave.

His buyout didn't change

Bama_Dawg
06-07-2016, 12:24 PM
His buyout didn't change

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/16005790/gus-malzahn-auburn-tigers-gets-1-year-extension-restructured-deal

If they didn't do the deal, his buyout would have gone down by 2.237 mil this year.

LockeDawg
06-07-2016, 04:28 PM
They signed a juco QB that is supposed to be Mr Excitement. I think he's been named the starterGus hasn't named a starter and he won't name a 6'3" 175lb (skinny as a rail) JUCO QB that was nothing more than a backup in juco with zero SEC experience. John Franklin will play in special offensive packages due to his speed, but he won't be starting for AU until he can prove himself in that offense.