PDA

View Full Version : Death (Penalty) Watch 2016

Reason2succeed
06-06-2016, 05:20 PM
After an exciting weekend of college baseball our Misssissippi State Bulldawgs emerge as the only squad worth mentioning as OM crumbled under the weight of their own overratedness and USM once again failed to rise to the top as is heir custom.

So I figured that we need to get back to our regularly schedule program in order to keep our Bear Shark brethren entertained now that they have no other athletic team to follow. (Welcome trolls. We know you're here. Click an ad on your way in and out.)

Question for today: if Hugh and Bjork are all in on trying to save everyone's job why did they offer such a lenient self-imposed penalty? The 11 scholarships, some of which I'm sure they will try to convince have already been sacrificed, is not nearly enough to satisfy the NCAA. Don't they run the risk of offending the intelligence and authority of the COI? It seems to me that if they were going to go the route of trying to act like these were legitimate "mistakes" and not willful cheating then they should have tried to follow it up with stiff penalties to appease the COI.

As it is the COI will likely look at these self-imposed penalties as another sign that OM has little to no understanding of the rules and regulations of the NCAA and that they have made a conscious decision to go on breaking rules with no impunity.

Dawgface
06-06-2016, 05:29 PM
An OM friend of mind said just the other night that the penalties won't amount to much. If he said it.....it must be true. ;)

spiral
06-06-2016, 05:29 PM
Freeze and Bjork did what they did because the om fans love them for the same reason they love the grooooove: They are all shady.

ILOATHEBears
06-06-2016, 05:37 PM
Freeze and Bjork did what they did because the om fans love them for the same reason they love the grooooove: They are all shady.

Rumor is that the Art of the Deal is selling like hot cakes at local book stores in Oxford.

Dawgowar
06-06-2016, 06:15 PM
Rumor is that the Art of the Deal is selling like hot cakes at local book stores in Oxford.

They should be buying "Plea Bargains - We might be doing it wrong"

yjnkdawg
06-06-2016, 06:38 PM
After an exciting weekend of college baseball our Misssissippi State Bulldawgs emerge as the only squad worth mentioning as OM crumbled under the weight of their own overratedness and USM once again failed to rise to the top as is heir custom.

So I figured that we need to get back to our regularly schedule program in order to keep our Bear Shark brethren entertained now that they have no other athletic team to follow. (Welcome trolls. We know you're here. Click an ad on your way in and out.)

Question for today: if Hugh and Bjork are all in on trying to save everyone's job why did they offer such a lenient self-imposed penalty? The 11 scholarships, some of which I'm sure they will try to convince have already been sacrificed, is not nearly enough to satisfy the NCAA. Don't they run the risk of offending the intelligence and authority of the COI? It seems to me that if they were going to go the route of trying to act like these were legitimate "mistakes" and not willful cheating then they should have tried to follow it up with stiff penalties to appease the COI.

As it is the COI will likely look at these self-imposed penalties as another sign that OM has little to no understanding of the rules and regulations of the NCAA and that they have made a conscious decision to go on breaking rules with no impunity.

Maybe because they said they didn't cheat, but just made "mistakes" and they want to show the NCAA that they are willfully and humbly cooperating. Everybody knows these highly rated recruits were attracted to OM, due to the beauty of the campus that Freeze developed when he became HC at OM. ******************