PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette Regional Winner?

AusTexDawg
06-06-2016, 10:53 AM
Who would you prefer wins the Lafayette Regional - ULL or Arizona? Why?

FWIW, not sure I care too much, but I hope Arizona wins the first game today to force a rematch this evening.

Taog Redloh
06-06-2016, 11:01 AM
ULL seems to be the easiest one to beat, simply because they are a mid-major so to speak. And, we need revenge, for them beating up, then them allowing Ole Miss is get to Omaha. Plus we'll have them at home where they are less likely to drop bombs and play to their field (I'm probably still a little shell-shocked from 2 years ago). Arizona concerns me because they've been here before and if they beat ULL they'll start to develop a little of that cinderella mojo. West Coast teams always scare me because they have talent, albeit this year they may be young or cycled down or whatever.

SaintDawg
06-06-2016, 11:23 AM
ULL. Would like a bit of payback for them putting us out in 2014.

maroonmania
06-06-2016, 11:38 AM
ULL seems to be the easiest one to beat, simply because they are a mid-major so to speak. And, we need revenge, for them beating up, then them allowing Ole Miss is get to Omaha. Plus we'll have them at home where they are less likely to drop bombs and play to their field (I'm probably still a little shell-shocked from 2 years ago). Arizona concerns me because they've been here before and if they beat ULL they'll start to develop a little of that cinderella mojo. West Coast teams always scare me because they have talent, albeit this year they may be young or cycled down or whatever.

ULL is a mid-major but they are the better team. They got a regional for a reason and spanked us pretty good down there a couple of years ago. Personally I would rather play Arizona just because I would rather deal with Arizona people coming into the Dude rather than having a bunch of Cajuns coming in but that's just me.

msbulldog
06-06-2016, 12:53 PM
Arizona will have to win 2 games, fly home and back. That is somewhat of a disadvantage.

Leroy Jenkins
06-06-2016, 01:04 PM
When I saw the thread title I thought this would be about BC, the Lafayette County regional winner.

AusTexDawg
06-06-2016, 01:31 PM
When I saw the thread title I thought this would be about BC, the Lafayette County regional winner.

Iswydt

Dallas_Dawg
06-06-2016, 01:41 PM
Is ULL still a bunch of roided out dudes who mash HRs?
If so, I want Zona

BeardoMSU
06-06-2016, 01:45 PM
Is ULL still a bunch of roided out dudes who mash HRs?
If so, I want Zona

They also play in a softball sized park. Helen Keller could ding it outta there.

Leroy Jenkins
06-06-2016, 03:04 PM
I would rather have 'Zona. Let ULL go off into obscurity.

Mjoelner34
06-06-2016, 03:13 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would rather have 'Zona. Let ULL go off into obscurity.

When I first saw your post, I thought you meant the University of Losers in Lafayette county.

maroonmania
06-07-2016, 11:33 AM
In case you were interested --

RPI:
Lafayette 16
Arizona 18