PDA

View Full Version : Super Regional baby!

Todd4State
06-05-2016, 11:52 PM
Feels good! Hail State!

starkvegasdawg
06-06-2016, 12:05 AM
Who are possible opponents? Forgot who we're paired against.

Dallas_Dawg
06-06-2016, 12:11 AM
Winner Of UL-Lafayette and Arizona tomorrow comes to Starkvegas

smootness
06-06-2016, 12:12 AM

ULL or Arizona. Likely ULL.

smootness
06-06-2016, 12:13 AM
Winner Of UL-Lafayette and Arizona tomorrow comes to Starkvegas

Yes, but Arizona will have to win twice.

Bothrops
06-06-2016, 12:17 AM
I never expected this Regional to go as easy as it did for us. We really used the home field to our liking. Excellent job.

TaleofTwoDogs
06-06-2016, 12:43 AM
Let's hope Arizona can pull this one out. ULL hasn't loss since 5/13 and have a 11 game winning streak going. Sound familiar?

GreenheadDawg
06-06-2016, 07:17 AM
I'll be honest, I don't know shit about ULL. What are their strengths?

smootness
06-06-2016, 07:50 AM
I'll be honest, I don't know shit about ULL. What are their strengths?

Just looking at their stats, it looks like they're just a solid team all-around but nothing special. They have only 2 guys who are hitting over .300, though their team OBP is good. The team lead in HR has 9.

And they have 2 good SP and a few good bullpen arms, 2 of them that appear to be pretty much shut-down guys.

GreenheadDawg
06-06-2016, 07:56 AM
Just looking at their stats, it looks like they're just a solid team all-around but nothing special. They have only 2 guys who are hitting over .300, though their team OBP is good. The team lead in HR has 9.

And they have 2 good SP and a few good bullpen arms, 2 of them that appear to be pretty much shut-down guys.

Yeh I saw a couple of their arms had good ERA's. But I'm not too impressed with who they have beaten this year. Got a couple buddies in Lafayette and the consensus is that they are good but not great. Bottom half of lineup is weak

Brando
06-06-2016, 08:38 AM
I looked at ULL schedule ane they have lost to everyone they have played with a pulse. They got swept by La Tech, USM, LSU, and TCU beat them once. They split 2 with Tulane. Their best win looks to be Tulane. Someone said they had a 11 game wi streak up above, well that 11 games consist of South Bama 2x, New Orleans 1x, ULM 3x, Ark State 2x, Texas State 1x, and then their regional against Princton, Arizona, and Ga Southern. I feel very good about this Super.
My only draw back is I hope Hudson throws a good game before Omaha. We have a legit 3 man rotation now, and even Pilk waiting in the shadows. Our bullpen is rocking right now, Rook is tearing it up against right and lefty pitching.

I dont think anyone wants to play us right now.

Taog Redloh
06-06-2016, 08:46 AM

I'd hate for you to google "NCAA baseball bracket" and then click once and scroll a few inches.

Maroonthirteen
06-06-2016, 08:59 AM
You should change your picture to Higgins. Suits you better. :)

starkvegasdawg
06-06-2016, 09:01 AM
I'd hate for you to google "NCAA baseball bracket" and then click once and scroll a few inches.

Well, asshole, since you asked I did try that and none of the links that google populated my phone with gave the brackets in bracket format. I'll go hold a seance and bitch to Steve Job's ghost about that. Second, it could have been I was dead tired last night and entering incorrect search criteria from spending all day yesterday with my mom in the hospital hoping she was going to be ok after I got a call they were taking her to the hospital with chest pains and on my way to try and find her I come up on her car on the side of the road surrounded by emergency vehicles. Either way I figured someone on here would know that information off the top of their heads and be able to answer my question...which they did.

Taog Redloh
06-06-2016, 09:12 AM
Well, asshole, since you asked I did try that and none of the links that google populated my phone with gave the brackets in bracket format. I'll go hold a seance and bitch to Steve Job's ghost about that. Second, it could have been I was dead tired last night and entering incorrect search criteria from spending all day yesterday with my mom in the hospital hoping she was going to be ok after I got a call they were taking her to the hospital with chest pains and on my way to try and find her I come up on her car on the side of the road surrounded by emergency vehicles. Either way I figured someone on here would know that information off the top of their heads and be able to answer my question...which they did.

Yet you took the time to ask the question on a message board? Color me skeptical.

Coach34
06-06-2016, 09:16 AM
This season is officially a success- regardless of what happens from here. Once you get to a Super- anything can happen.

2 more wins would be really nice tho

confucius say
06-06-2016, 09:20 AM
Will our super start Friday or Saturday? And how is this determined?

starkvegasdawg
06-06-2016, 09:20 AM
Yet you took the time to ask the question on a message board? Color me skeptical.

You can color yourself whatever the 17 you want to. Makes no difference to me.

HSVDawg
06-06-2016, 09:35 AM
Will our super start Friday or Saturday? And how is this determined?

Game times should be announced tomorrow and will be based on TV slots and the finish dates and travel plans for the other regional teams. I would guess that ours will start Saturday since ULL and Arizona both have to play today (maybe 2 games even) and whoever comes out on top will have to travel for the Super Regional. In fact, I'd almost guarantee a Saturday start date if it ends up being Arizona because they will have to fly back to Tucson then back to MS after playing 2 games today. Either way, half of them will be Fri-Sun and the other half will be Sat-Mon.

DLGDawg
06-06-2016, 10:52 AM
I'm glad you asked the question. I was wondering the same thing.
Google could provide the answer...sure.
But Google could not provide the excellent input provided by others in this thread(i.e. Good conversations amongst fellow dawgs during this exciting time).

shannondawg
06-06-2016, 11:35 AM
So you saying that the game will be on regular tv.? I used up all my band width on my hughes sat network. Its costing me a small fortune to buy tokens for extra time and still have to settle for radio the last couple of innings as they run out.

Dental Dawg33
06-06-2016, 11:46 AM
http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/baseball/d1/2016

Here is a quick link with the current brackets for anyone that would like to see it

Barkman Turner Overdrive
06-06-2016, 05:52 PM
In fact, I'd almost guarantee a Saturday start date if it ends up being Arizona because they will have to fly back to Tucson then back to MS after playing 2 games today. Either way, half of them will be Fri-Sun and the other half will be Sat-Mon.

I'm not trying to be an ass here, but why would Arizona HAVE to fly back to Tucson just to fly back to Starkville?