PDA

View Full Version : Opportunity Fund

Dolphus Raymond
06-05-2016, 05:30 PM
Maybe I'm way off base here, but has anyone considered that the payments made to Tunsil may have if fact come from the "Opportunity Fund" and now the question is if Ole Miss was using said fund as a slush fund? I could be wrong, but maybe the NCAA is investigating whether Ole Miss abused a fund that is otherwise legitimate.
Anyway, F--K Ole Miss and get to Omaha.

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-05-2016, 05:37 PM
That would be even better than if it was coming from a booster. I like your thoughts. But certainly it was audited to keep it on the up and up.

BeardoMSU
06-05-2016, 05:38 PM
Maybe I'm way off base here, but has anyone considered that the payments made to Tunsil may have if fact come from the "Opportunity Fund" and now the question is if Ole Miss was using said fund as a slush fund? I could be wrong, but maybe the NCAA is investigating whether Ole Miss abused a fund that is otherwise legitimate.
Anyway, F--K Ole Miss and get to Omaha.

If it were in fact from the Opportunity Fund, there would be no need for them to investigate it; OM would just announce it as so. The fact that bit of propaganda has only been passed along from their hacks, and not officially stated by the athletic dept., should tell you something.

BeardoMSU
06-05-2016, 05:42 PM

Reason2succeed
06-05-2016, 05:43 PM
Plus, we haven't heard anything about the opportunity fund since the UNM NOA came out.

Dolphus Raymond
06-05-2016, 05:51 PM
I've said it several times and probably will say it many more: damn I'm glad it is Ole Miss having to explain all this and not MSU. As it stands at this moment (the first NOA), I think Freeze, while he will be sanctioned, may survive. However, if/when other allegations (Level One) are brought forward by the NCAA, he will be gone.
On To Omaha.

Leroy Jenkins
06-05-2016, 06:01 PM
If it were in fact from the Opportunity Fund, there would be no need for them to investigate it; OM would just announce it as so. The fact that bit of propaganda has only been passed along from their hacks, and not officially stated by the athletic dept., should tell you something.

I think OP is saying what if they used legitimate funds (Opportunity Fund) for illegitimate purposes (momma's light bill), then realized "oh shit, we shouldn't have said that ". I would say this cant happen but who knows.

AlmostPositive
06-05-2016, 06:20 PM
By my count, there at least eight different indicators that the Tunsil payments had nothing to do with any legitimate fund. That makes it 256 to 1 that delusional Ole Miss fans have latched onto to a valid explanation.

AlmostPositive
06-05-2016, 06:28 PM
1.Ole Miss didn't respond right away with any Opportunity Fund documentation
2 The Opportunity Fund isn't intended for that sort of regular payout.
3 The Opportunity Fund wouldn't have been handled by Miller/Farrar
4 Opportunity Fund records would be available through the SEC
5. Farrar denied making any payments
6 Tunsil admitted it was a mistake
7 The texts have been verified
8 F*ck those guys

Dolphus Raymond
06-05-2016, 06:30 PM
^^
That.

Goldendawg
06-05-2016, 06:35 PM
Surely, you can't use it for the house being furnished to Mom.

Jack Lambert
06-05-2016, 06:39 PM
Like I heard on the radio the OF is loaded with a lot of money and why would the coach question the amount if it wasn't going to be his money?

Coach34
06-05-2016, 06:47 PM
This Fall is Freeze's last as HC at OM. They are getting blown up

Jack Lambert
06-05-2016, 06:58 PM
This Fall is Freeze's last as HC at OM. They are getting blown up

I got a feeling some heads are going to get chopped off. I think Nix will be gone before the season begins. Just think he is fixing to lose a 195K year job. He will never get that kind of money again.

RocketDawg
06-05-2016, 06:59 PM

Agree ... I think ....

Bully13
06-05-2016, 07:08 PM
what I can't understand is how they went from a 40K house in FL (God that must have been a dump), to a 200K house in Grenada without the lake. what was she and Miller doing for income while in FL? what changed when opportunity in plantation land came a callin'? how did their lives miraculously take such a sudden turn for the best? lottery? an old rich relative die ?

and we are focused no loaner cars and $350 dollar requests for help with rent and electricity bill?

shit's not adding up.

Dawgowar
06-05-2016, 07:29 PM
I got a feeling some heads are going to get chopped off. I think Nix will be gone before the season begins. Just think he is fixing to lose a 195K year job. He will never get that kind of money again.

Jack - if one goes they all start to fall away. If they replace one who goes with an internal shifting of responsibilities you will know the sands are shifting fast. If in addition to that there are public comments from recruits backing off or dumping them, then they are really getting ready to implode. I really think they will be in total disarray by the time round one ends and round two becomes more clear.

Wonder who their 'Nick Turner' is going to be? Henig? Missed JUCO DL?

Bodaski
06-06-2016, 09:29 AM
Anyway, F--K Ole Miss qand get to Omaha.

Then if that were the case maybe they could tract the house payment/rent to see if the fund was paying that too.

Coach34
06-06-2016, 09:34 AM
If the payment was legit- OM would have had the paperwork to show them immediately- as would the SEC office. End of story

The fact that it has now become "an investigation"- tells us all that the fund BS is a made up story.