PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead...

HSVDawg
06-05-2016, 10:16 AM
First off, I'm certainly not discounting the fact that we have some business to take care of yet to reach Omaha. However, IF we get the W today or tomorrow and take care of things next weekend, the bracket in Omaha sets up extremely well for us. Florida, LSU, and Texas A&M would all be in the bracket on the opposite side of us if they advanced. In our side of the bracket we would likely have Miami (who would be a tough out), a Louisville team that has been pretty average away from home (35-1 at home vs. 14-11 road/neutral), and whoever comes out of the Clemson / Columbia pairing in which the 1 seeds in both regionals are behind the 8 ball. You have to like our chances of possibly being the favorite or co-favorite with Miami in that group of 4 teams. It certainly benefits us to not have to worry about facing any of the other "Big 3" from the SEC until the finals if we can get there.

AlmostPositive
06-05-2016, 10:23 AM
All you will hear will be experts getting in early coronations for Louisville, Florida, A&M, possibly Miami. That's fine with me. We will be in the mix and that's all you can ask for at this stage.

(I think the 2016 Dawgs would have beaten UClA in 2013, no disrespect to Chris Stratton, Hunter Renfroe & co.)

msstate7
06-05-2016, 10:26 AM
It'll be hard for me to say we're a strong contender until Hudson pitches well in the postseason.

msstate7
06-05-2016, 10:30 AM
All you will hear will be experts getting in early coronations for Louisville, Florida, A&M, possibly Miami. That's fine with me. We will be in the mix and that's all you can ask for at this stage.

(I think the 2016 Dawgs would have beaten UClA in 2013, no disrespect to Chris Stratton, Hunter Renfroe & co.)

Maybe... Frazier, pirtle, rea, renfroe, and detz were pretty dang good. Graveman, holder, girodo, Ross, and lindgren were dang good too.

basedog
06-05-2016, 10:31 AM
One game at a time. We certainly need to win today. From what I have seen CSF has some good arms, but again we've been battled tested against really top pictures.

Not sure who's counting ticket stubs but it surely looked like more than the announced crowd of a little over 10K. I've seen most of the record breaking crowds as I would have thought it was over 12K caused it was packed!

Lastly, I'm only looking at today's game, not concerned about what's next. We hit some rockets last night, they hit two balls hard, ball wasn't really carrying like it did the day before.

HailState!

BeardoMSU
06-05-2016, 10:32 AM

Chris wasn't on that team. Kendall was, though.

AlmostPositive
06-05-2016, 10:36 AM
Chris wasn't on that team. Kendall was, though.
Thanks for the correction ..it was fuzzy in mind when I wrote it. The whole thought was pretty fuzzy really, if not entirely pointless.