PDA

View Full Version : Houston or Pilkington?

SaintDawg
06-04-2016, 10:28 PM
http://www.rantlifestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/coffee-talk.gif
Talk amongst yourselves... discuss...

wasabaka
06-04-2016, 10:31 PM
Stay with the normal weekend rotation and give Pilkington the nod. He hasn't pitched in a couple of weeks, and we are going to need him for the long run. We need to get him some work. Hope he can give you 4 or 5, and then you've got Rigby and Brown who could come back and give you a couple. We've also still got Billingsley and Humphreys who haven't been used yet this weekend.

Then, obviously you go with Houston on Monday if necessary.

AlmostPositive
06-04-2016, 10:34 PM
No big whoop...

HSVDawg
06-04-2016, 11:15 PM
It may depend on who we play. Too lazy to look at the lineups, but if La Tech is LH heavy we may go with Pilk. Sexton had success against CSF for the most part, so we may go back to another RH in Houston if its them again.

Jack Lambert
06-04-2016, 11:17 PM
Can hudson throw some more this weekend?

rolodawg
06-04-2016, 11:19 PM
I would think so.....If I remember correctly, he only threw 75 pitches Friday.

War Machine Dawg
06-04-2016, 11:49 PM
It's Hudson. He was told early in the week he'd be in the rotation this weekend. I think that's the right call. Pilkington doesn't have problems coming out of the pen if he's needed for long relief or we can have him in our pocket for a Game 4 if it comes to that. Houston can't inherit runners out of the pen or he implodes. He's gotta have a clean inning, so he's better suited to start. Plus, regardless of who we play, 95+ is going to be unusual for them to see consistently.

Coldsleeve Jr.
06-05-2016, 01:07 AM
I would think so.....If I remember correctly, he only threw 75 pitches Friday.

Coinz said in press conference Friday that Hudson was done for the regionals.

Like others Id start Houston and Pilk in long relief if necessary. No matter who we play if Houston pitches like in sec tourney neither of these teams will touch him.

mstatefan91
06-05-2016, 01:36 AM
Pilkington. Those of you saying or thinking Hudson need to pay attention.

JoseBrown
06-05-2016, 05:16 AM
Plus, regardless of who we play, 95+ is going to be unusual for them to see consistently.

Not only for them to see, but evidently the announcers too. You hear them gawking anytime someone's throwing in the nineties? Almost every single pitch over 90 they've pointed it out like it shouldn't be happening in college...

bulldogcountry1
06-05-2016, 07:31 AM
You got to give the ball to Houston after what he did last week.

IMissJack
06-05-2016, 10:20 AM
As long as we don't see the ump we had last night again, anyone pitching is fine with me.

Mjoelner34
06-05-2016, 10:22 AM
I just want to know who is going to be behind the plate. Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder? That guy last night was straight out pathetic!

Coach34
06-05-2016, 10:35 AM
Houston- go with the more experienced guy

AlSwearengen
06-05-2016, 11:01 AM
Houston for a few reasons. He should be able to overpower either team. It seems backward and even though Houston has the age and experience edge over pilkington, I'd rather have pilkington in the do or die game. I've seen Houston get rattled enough times to know I want the least amount of pressure on him as possible. It would be great to get a huge lead today and let pilkington throw a couple of innings just to knock some rust off.

klong-dog
06-05-2016, 11:40 AM
If we're playing CSF, I'd go with Pilkington. If we're playing La Tech, I'd go with Houston.

smootness
06-05-2016, 12:29 PM
Regardless of who it is, the other is not going to be used in relief. You have to have the other ready to go Monday if necessary, so even if you're up late, you're not going to use them just in case.

msstate7
06-05-2016, 01:02 PM
Regardless of who it is, the other is not going to be used in relief. You have to have the other ready to go Monday if necessary, so even if you're up late, you're not going to use them just in case.

Really need to find a way to get pilk some innings. It's been 2 weeks since he threw in a game for more than an inning. If we're gonna win it all, we'll need pilk

smootness
06-05-2016, 01:08 PM
Really need to find a way to get pilk some innings. It's been 2 weeks since he threw in a game for more than an inning. If we're gonna win it all, we'll need pilk

I agree, but you have to have him ready to go Monday if you don't use him tonight. It would be much worse to use him tonight and lose than to not use him at all.

War Machine Dawg
06-05-2016, 04:34 PM
Not only for them to see, but evidently the announcers too. You hear them gawking anytime someone's throwing in the nineties? Almost every single pitch over 90 they've pointed it out like it shouldn't be happening in college...

ESPN had to dig really deep to find enough announcers for the Regionals, apparently. Ours are definitely hot garbage. You're right about them drooling over the 90+ arms. They started talking about the guy out of CSF's pen yesterday and I'm thinking "Our guys see pitchers who throw this hard 2-3 times every weekend."

the59dawg
06-05-2016, 06:21 PM
Houston announced at starter tonite.