PDA

View Full Version : Cal St. pitching

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-04-2016, 03:28 PM
Been looking into their pitching to get an idea of what to expect tonight.

I went back and looked at their last 3 weekend series. They did not play a conference tourney.

Quinn, the pitcher who started last night and went 4.1 innings, threw 2.2 innings, all in relief the last 3 series. Quinn Seems to have been their #4 starter.

Gavin, who came on in relief last night and threw 2.2 innings, had started the 2nd game of their previous 3 series. Evidently they were thinking they could win with their #4 guy, but not sure why they would bring in a #2 starter to go in relief with all of the other arms they have.

Serigstad and Prohoroff, relievers last night and today, are both primarily relievers who pitched in all 3 series previously. Both threw in multiple games during the last 3 series, so expect to see them again at any time.

Seabold and Eastman have been their #1 and #3 starters the previous 3 series. I have seen that Eastman will throw tonight, unless that info is wrong. So that will mean that Seabold, their #1 starter at least the past 3 series, will be available either in a loser bracket game tomorrow afternoon, or a championship game tomorrow night, which bodes well for them.

They also have about 4 more guys who have thrown around 25 innings each who haven't thrown yet.

It will be imperative for us to win tonight if we want to play baseball next weekend. You may want to read that last sentence more than once.

smootness
06-04-2016, 03:35 PM
You may want to read that last sentence more than once.

Ok, is there anything I should be taking away from it? That we need to win tonight? That's pretty much a given.

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-04-2016, 04:11 PM
What you should take away from it is if we don't win tonight they will be throwing their #1 against our #4 tomorrow if we make it to them again. I haven't looked, but I'd be willing to bet that no other team of the 64 in the tourney will have saved their #1 until Sunday.

hotrod4msu
06-04-2016, 04:26 PM
the CAL STATE peope i talked to at the game said their number 1 pitcber got hurt a couple weeks ago
and it was upto tbe coach if he could ptch or not

CSUFOrange
06-04-2016, 04:32 PM
Tweaked hammy, he could've gone in any of these games but the staff is so deep they probably decided to give it a bit more rest.

HoopsDawg
06-04-2016, 04:36 PM
What you should take away from it is if we don't win tonight they will be throwing their #1 against our #4 tomorrow if we make it to them again. I haven't looked, but I'd be willing to bet that no other team of the 64 in the tourney will have saved their #1 until Sunday.

If we lose, I would throw Pilk against La Tech and save Houston for CSF.

What I'm interested in, are we going to catch Marerro tonight since Sexton is pitching. And if so, is Cohen really going to bench Rooker after his 2 homers yesterday? I really hope we just go with Kruger at C and leave the lineup the same.

smootness
06-04-2016, 04:41 PM

It's still Pilkington or Houston. We obviously don't want to lose today, but that is always the case. I don't think it would mean we have no shot, though.

RougeDawg
06-04-2016, 04:43 PM
If we lose, I would throw Pilk against La Tech and save Houston for CSF.

What I'm interested in, are we going to catch Marerro tonight since Sexton is pitching. And if so, isv Cohen really going to bench Rooker after his 2 homers yesterday? I really hope we just go with Kruger at C and leave the lineup the same.

How long has Cohen been here and you have to ask whether or not he will sit someone? He doesn't care if someone has hit 6 HR's in a game. If the stats and pitcher dictate a specific lineup in Johnny's head, you can bet the farm he's going to throw out yesterday's stats and go with his normal thought process.

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-04-2016, 04:46 PM
Tweaked hammy, he could've gone in any of these games but the staff is so deep they probably decided to give it a bit more rest.

I could see a couple of bunts in his future from Mangum and Robson....

Dawgowar
06-04-2016, 05:20 PM
Ok, is there anything I should be taking away from it? That we need to win tonight? That's pretty much a given.

Winning - Check. Tonight and Winning ---tracking. Both, same sentence, needs to happen. Important, Imperative, and Good.

preachermatt83
06-04-2016, 06:01 PM
CSF hitting is atrocious. 4 runs will win this game.