PDA

View Full Version : @ South Alabama game

BeastMan
08-21-2013, 10:59 AM
I can already hear the groans about playing at South Alabama. I like this away game. I need everyone to stay with me for 1 second. Mobile is a close game for most of the base to travel to. Mobile has a ton of really good places to eat, especially if you like seafood. Dauphin Street is a very underrated time. It's comparable o Beale Street in Memphis. It's also close enough to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach that families could make this a weekend getaway.

GumpDawg
08-21-2013, 11:04 AM
I can already hear the groans about playing at South Alabama. I like this away game. I need everyone to stay with me for 1 second. Mobile is a close game for most of the base to travel to. Mobile has a ton of really good places to eat, especially if you like seafood. Dauphin Street is a very underrated time. It's comparable o Beale Street in Memphis. It's also close enough to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach that families could make this a weekend getaway.

Well I agree on everything you said, but lets also remind everyone that Ladd is a shithole in bad part of town.

Kind of like trying to get exited about playing at legion field.

The Mobile area is fun though.

biscuit
08-21-2013, 11:07 AM
This could be a nice weekend getaway

Coach34
08-21-2013, 11:08 AM
A group I was part of looked into buying it- but playing in Jackson wasnt really an option due to lack of parking and other issues

FlabLoser
08-21-2013, 11:11 AM
Gulf Shores places to stay are dirt cheap in the off peak season and there are a lot of them.

BeastMan
08-21-2013, 11:20 AM
You're right that Ladd sucks but that part of. Town embraces the games. It's also heavily policed to keep fans coming. I went to the Mobile Bowl for USM vs Ohio years back with my mustard buzzard buds and it was a blast. The game, the town, really everything...

CJDAWG85
08-21-2013, 02:37 PM
It might be a cool little getaway, but it still doesn't make up for the fact that we are the only SEC school that travels to small schools for a game. Why is that?

CJDAWG85
08-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Not to mention next year will be the 100th year at DWS I believe, the new renovation will be finished, and 8 home games would be a lot cooler than playing in Mobile.

TheRef
08-21-2013, 02:41 PM
Not to mention next year will be the 100th year at DWS I believe, the new renovation will be finished, and 8 home games would be a lot cooler than playing in Mobile.

We do have 8 Home games....But regardless, the reason why we go to all of these small schools to play is to help them out too. We aren't a school that decides that it is too big to play at smaller schools. I don't mind it at all, plus it keeps smaller schools happy because they get to pack out their stadium for sometimes the first time ever. Who wouldn't mind helping out a smaller school every once in a while?

SignalToNoise
08-21-2013, 02:47 PM
I lived a couple of summers in Mobile and agree that Dauphin street is very underrated. I would rank it above Beale Street as there are fewer panhandlers (none from what I recall), and whole area just seems a lot nicer.

Truthfully I'm looking forward to that weekend.

CJDAWG85
08-21-2013, 02:56 PM
You're right... miss counted

MSUDawg4Life
08-21-2013, 03:02 PM
It's a quick and easy drive for me. Worth it to go see a MSU win.

MadDawg
08-21-2013, 03:10 PM
Wait, how can we have 8 home games if we are playing a non-conf away? Is the SEC allowing us to play 5 at home and only 3 away in 2014?

CJDAWG85
08-21-2013, 03:22 PM
Dammit miss counted again... I looked at LSU in all caps counted it as a home game... we only have 7 and I'm 100% sure

Political Hack
08-21-2013, 03:54 PM
I like the Memphis, Tulane, USA, UAB away game rotation. Give people in large regional cities a chance to watch MSU that typically wouldn't travel to StarkVegas. I think they should do a neutral site game in Shreveport, Houston, Dallas, & Atlanta every few years too... just not against an offensive freak show coached by a forty year old man.

Todd4State
08-21-2013, 04:33 PM
I like the Memphis, Tulane, USA, UAB away game rotation. Give people in large regional cities a chance to watch MSU that typically wouldn't travel to StarkVegas. I think they should do a neutral site game in Shreveport, Houston, Dallas, & Atlanta every few years too... just not against an offensive freak show coached by a forty year old man.

I believe Georgia State is about to be D-I as well. They would be good to put into the away game rotation as well.

Goat Holder
08-21-2013, 05:44 PM
You think similarly to me. Unfortunately for you, that won't get you much points on the interwebs, but it matters little. Because I'm right most of the time. Everything we do should be thought about and involving recruiting and where MSU needs to grow it's fanbase. Mobile, Birmingham are absolutely essential. Memphis and New Orleans close behind. Atlanta is a good one too but that is a melting pot of everyone, dominated by Georgia and Auburn.

And Todd, yes, Georgia State would be a good one to sign up for a lengthy contract.

PassInterference
08-21-2013, 05:48 PM

If we play a neutral site game, it is going to have to be against a top 15 type team. That said, I'd rather play anybody but a high tempo spread team in this kind of game simply because we've been really poor defending that.