PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma State players talk about the upcoming game

elitedawgs
08-21-2013, 10:14 AM
http://oklahomastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1538982

OL Parker Graham (http://oklahomastate.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=412027):

"You know, I just think that the SEC is blown a little bit out of proportion. There's a lot of great players down there and it's a heavily recruited area, but at the same time we play really fast offense here and sometimes those SEC defenses lose their breath against it. They have big guys but they aren't very well conditioned. We're gonna play our best ball and see what happens."

TheRef
08-21-2013, 10:14 AM
SHOTS FIRED! SHOTS FIRED!

Pollodawg
08-21-2013, 10:17 AM
The best thing for us to do is to keep our mouth's closed and enjoy the Gundy meltdown that will come when we brand the MState logo on that cowboy ass.

TheRef
08-21-2013, 10:18 AM
The best thing for us to do is to keep our mouth's closed and enjoy the Gundy meltdown that will come when we brand the MState logo on that cowboy ass.

But...He's a man....He's 40-something

maroonmania
08-21-2013, 10:31 AM

OL Parker Graham (http://oklahomastate.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=412027):

"You know, I just think that the SEC is blown a little bit out of proportion. There's a lot of great players down there and it's a heavily recruited area, but at the same time we play really fast offense here and sometimes those SEC defenses lose their breath against it. They have big guys but they aren't very well conditioned. We're gonna play our best ball and see what happens."

Uh oh, sounds like he has been reading the MSU message boards about Nick James and Quay Evans.

smootness
08-21-2013, 10:31 AM
I'm sure they know plenty about the SEC. They haven't played an SEC team since 2009, when they scored a combined 31 against UGA and Ole Miss (though they did beat UGA). Before that, they got smoked by UGA in 2007 35-14.

We need to be ready for a very good offense, obviously, but our big guys are well-conditioned enough to hang with them. Unless guys like Autry and Eulls have suddenly lost a few steps since last year.

Dawgtini
08-21-2013, 10:52 AM
I hope Parker Graham gets a good view of the opening in the dome and the bottom of Quay/Jones/Jones,Autry's shoes.

cheewgumm
08-21-2013, 10:58 AM
How do we know this?

How do we know our guys are well conditioned?

IF A&M last year is any indication...I don't have a lot of confidence. I think our fans are confusing excitement for the season to start with confidence that we are gonig to be good.

Coach34
08-21-2013, 11:00 AM
Something that needs to be remembered:

We have been practicing in 95 degree heat- we will play Ok State is an air-conditioned dome at 72 degrees

C222
08-21-2013, 11:02 AM

Old man football?

smootness
08-21-2013, 11:02 AM
The A&M had nothing to do with conditioning and everything to do with scheme. There may have even been an issue with talent/experience, but it wasn't conditioning. Our guys have always been well-conditioned since Mullen/Balis showed up, that's how I know.

Is Nick James in great shape? No. Now point me to another player on our roster you can say that about. This has just been the new theme for people to try to attack the SEC - they have big guys, but they can't run. Uh...well...based on the results on the field, it seems like we're running well enough.

Our defense is not about being huge. It's about being athletic, and with Collins' scheme, about flying around the field and creating confusion. How do you do that with guys who can't run around?

Dawgdom
08-21-2013, 11:03 AM
From a year ago...

Missouri defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson was asked after the Tigers’ 62-10 victory over Southeastern Lousiana Saturday night if he watched the Georgia-Buffalo game on television earlier in the day.

“I watched the game. I turned it off, too,” Richardson was quoted as saying. “… It’s like watching Big Ten football. It’s old-man football.”

Then this: “If we execute, nobody in this league [the SEC] can touch us. Period.”

Coach34
IF A&M last year is any indication.

Why would A&M be any indication at all?

We laid down vs A&M after getting beat to hell by Bammer...we had some discord between the players and the DC

It's a new season, with some new faces starting on D...and a new DC...totally different situation

Bubb Rubb
Something that needs to be remembered:

We have been practicing in 95 degree heat- we will play Ok State is an air-conditioned dome at 72 degrees

It hasn't been 95 degrees all summer, but I get your point.

Coach34
08-21-2013, 11:05 AM

It has in Lousiana

Bubb Rubb
08-21-2013, 11:11 AM
It has in Lousiana

I don't doubt that. But it's a good thing our boys don't practice there.

You still make a valid point.

ckDOG
08-21-2013, 11:13 AM
I have no idea if our big guys are well conditioned or not, but I do know that if I'm the DL coach, those quotes printed out and glued to my guy's lockers ASAP. No better motivation that having your opponent trash talk you.

Coach34
08-21-2013, 11:16 AM
You still make a valid point.

Oh I know...playing in a 72 degree Dome, conditioning wont be a problem for us like it would be if we played outside. Plus, we have 2 defensive lines we can play

1st DL- Autry, PJ, Eulls, Smith
2nd DL- Jones, Quay, Virges, Brown

PMDawg
08-21-2013, 11:21 AM
I guess it's ok to talk a little smack when you are the preseason #1 Big-12 (10?) team playing the preseason #10-12 SEC team. I imagine they would shut their mouths if they had to play 1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, etc. I would feel really confident if we had Kansas as our matchup. NOBODY in the Little 12 (10?) is beating Bama, Georgia, South Carolina, or A&M. LSU and Florida may very well fit in that same category.

But let OSU squeak out a win against us and they'll try to use it to "prove" their summer long mantra. Heaven help us if TCU beats LSU.

1. Oklahoma State vs Alabama Bama wins
2. Okahoma vs. Georgia Georgia wins just like A&M did
3. TCU vs South Carolina toss up, but I bet USC would be favored
4. Texas vs. A&M A&M wins, just like the OU bowl game
5. Baylor vs. LSU LOL, LSU
6. K-State vs. Florida toss up, but FL favored I would imagine
7. Texas Tech vs. Ole Miss toss up, TT probably favored
8. West Virginia vs. Vandy WVU wins
9. Iowa State vs. Auburn Auburn
10. Kansas vs. MState MState

so they win 4 of 10 at MOST, probably 1-3.

deltadawg99
08-21-2013, 11:30 AM
We've got to win the line of scrimmage on both sides, be physical, and keep their offense off the field.

I am so glad that we won't have any of Wilson's garbage defensive schemes. We need to let our go play ball instead of over thinking and reacting late.

War Machine Dawg
08-21-2013, 11:57 AM
Oh I know...playing in a 72 degree Dome, conditioning wont be a problem for us like it would be if we played outside. Plus, we have 2 defensive lines we can play

As I said in my preseason preview, this is going to be a HUGE benefit for us. If we can't stay fresh being 8 deep on the DL, we should fire every defensive coach and every S&C staff member immediately. Motivation may be an issue with our DL, but conditioning won't. I think this group will be the most pleasant surprise of the fall.

pdawg10msu
08-21-2013, 12:14 PM

it has in alabama

Political Hack
08-21-2013, 12:38 PM
I guess it's ok to talk a little smack when you are the preseason #1 Big-12 (10?) team playing the preseason #10-12 SEC team. I imagine they would shut their mouths if they had to play 1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, etc. I would feel really confident if we had Kansas as our matchup. NOBODY in the Little 12 (10?) is beating Bama, Georgia, South Carolina, or A&M. LSU and Florida may very well fit in that same category.

But let OSU squeak out a win against us and they'll try to use it to "prove" their summer long mantra. Heaven help us if TCU beats LSU.

1. Oklahoma State vs Alabama Bama wins
2. Okahoma vs. Georgia Georgia wins just like A&M did
3. TCU vs South Carolina toss up, but I bet USC would be favored
4. Texas vs. A&M A&M wins, just like the OU bowl game
5. Baylor vs. LSU LOL, LSU
6. K-State vs. Florida toss up, but FL favored I would imagine
7. Texas Tech vs. Ole Miss toss up, TT probably favored
8. West Virginia vs. Vandy WVU wins
9. Iowa State vs. Auburn Auburn
10. Kansas vs. MState MState

so they win 4 of 10 at MOST, probably 1-3.

LSU and Florida are better than A&M.

Hypnodawg
08-21-2013, 12:49 PM

I like the sound of this. Reminds me of the 99 team. Throw 1st unit at them full bore. If they cross our 45, throw second unit in and watch their will power plummet.

dparker
08-21-2013, 01:24 PM
As I said in my preseason preview, this is going to be a HUGE benefit for us. If we can't stay fresh being 8 deep on the DL, we should fire every defensive coach and every S&C staff member immediately. Motivation may be an issue with our DL, but conditioning won't. I think this group will be the most pleasant surprise of the fall.

I hope y'all are right about that. We still have to have time to get the second team on the field. It seems we had trouble last year against teams that played up tempo.

SheltonChoked
08-21-2013, 03:31 PM
The roof will be closed.

It's been a point of contention here in Houston, but if the temperature is over 80 or under 50, the roof is closed.

HancockCountyDog
08-21-2013, 03:48 PM

I love it. I hope they keep talking shit right up to the point when Nickoe knocks their little fast slot WR's dick in the dirt.

The last time they played OOC against a team that was decent, they allowed 59 points.

I hope our coaches have this shit on every locker today.

10 days until the college football world realizes the type of talent Mullen has been assembling. Im debating drinking two bottles of Nyquil and waking up in about a week.

Barking 13
08-21-2013, 03:51 PM
I love it. I hope they keep talking shit right up to the point when Nickoe knocks their little fast slot WR's dick in the dirt.

The last time they played OOC against a team that was decent, they allowed 59 points.

I hope our coaches have this shit on every locker today.

10 days until the college football world realizes the type of talent Mullen has been assembling. Im debating drinking two bottles of Nyquil and waking up in about a week.

Reckon we could get a gallon and pass it around in here?