PDA

View Full Version : MSU vs SEMO Official Game Thread....

Pages : [1] 2 3

War Machine Dawg
06-03-2016, 10:54 AM
Gates to The Dude open in just over 30 minutes, so I figured I'd start the thread a little early. Waiting on a lineup to be posted and hoping Houston/Pilkingtong gets the start on the bump. I'll try to post the lineup when it drops.

SaintDawg
06-03-2016, 11:01 AM
Omaha or bust! Make us proud, Bulldogs!

CadaverDawg
06-03-2016, 11:05 AM
Hail Damn State

Let's get it

Homedawg
06-03-2016, 11:15 AM
Gates to The Dude open in just over 30 minutes, so I figured I'd start the thread a little early. Waiting on a lineup to be posted and hoping Houston/Pilkingtong gets the start on the bump. I'll try to post the lineup when it drops.

We aren't starting either of those.

preachermatt83
06-03-2016, 11:38 AM
We aren't starting either of those.

It's either Houston or Hudson. That much is pretty much settled.

preachermatt83
06-03-2016, 11:39 AM
Go DAWGS!!!

Homedawg
06-03-2016, 11:42 AM
It's either Houston or Hudson. That much is pretty much settled.

Well the. You have the answer then. Because it's not Houston.

War Machine Dawg
06-03-2016, 11:44 AM
Just gonna say it: If we start Hudson, it's the worst decision since Polk starting Maholm against the 4 seed. Game 2 is the most important: We're either playing to get to the Regional Championship Game or playing to avoid elimination. Either way, I want my ace on the hill. If we can't beat SEMO with our #3 or #4 starter (Houston or Pilkington), then we aren't going very far anyway. Hopefully Cohen isn't in full blown #Cohening mode today and starts Houston.

Homedawg
06-03-2016, 11:49 AM
Just gonna say it: If we start Hudson, it's the worst decision since Polk starting Maholm against the 4 seed. Game 2 is the most important: We're either playing to get to the Regional Championship Game or playing to avoid elimination. Either way, I want my ace on the hill. If we can't beat SEMO with our #3 or #4 starter (Houston or Pilkington), then we aren't going very far anyway. Hopefully Cohen isn't in full blown #Cohening mode today and starts Houston.

Ok well get ready to implode. Enjoy your day.

preachermatt83
06-03-2016, 11:54 AM

I agree to a point but I will say if I wasn't gonna start Houston id go with Hudson. Main reason is I don't think SEMO is gonna be able to hit 95 mph gas. But I'm with YA, I wouldn't start my ace against a 4 seed.

LiterallyPolice
06-03-2016, 11:54 AM
I've done some more calculations this morning, taking into account multiple performance and matchup metrics related to this game.

The Official LiterallyPolice 2016 Starkville Regional Game 1 Mathematical Prediction: Pain.

(...for SEMO, of course)

LC Dawg
06-03-2016, 11:57 AM
What happens if we don't start Hudson today and we are rained out tomorrow? Or he starts tomorrow and gets a couple of innings before a two hour rain delay? I'm sure we'd pitch Hudson Friday even if he pitches Sunday but I don't think it would be ideal.
I think the weather is going to figure into the decision of starters. Tomorrow's weather could really screw things up. I know it's supposedly hit or miss with the rain but I think we'll at least have some delays.

Homedawg
06-03-2016, 11:58 AM
Like I said before, after seeing the report on semo, no way we were starting Houston. They take a ton of pitches. Can't run the risk of having to destroy our pen in game one. Houston hasn't been a consistent strike thrower. If he had he would have pitched a ton more. I like the decision.

confucius say
06-03-2016, 12:00 PM
Like I said before, after seeing the report on semo, no way we were starting Houston. They take a ton of pitches. Can't run the risk of having to destroy our pen in game one. Houston hasn't been a consistent strike thrower. If he had he would have pitched a ton more. I like the decision.

Agree. I would start Houston against lt or csf before semo

maroonmania
06-03-2016, 12:04 PM
Hail State! Still trying to figure out how the #6 national seed gets by far the toughest 4 seed in the entire tournament?? That crap doesn't make a lick of sense.

Homedawg
06-03-2016, 12:08 PM
And as I inferred, it's Dakota.

CadaverDawg
06-03-2016, 12:15 PM
Hudson it is. I'm cool with it. Just better win it, or we done.

War Machine Dawg
06-03-2016, 12:19 PM
It's official: Cohen is full blown #Cohening before the game has even started. Worst decision since Polk II. We better ****ing win the regional.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkCqDbVXEAA6MC9.jpg:large

mparkerfd20
06-03-2016, 12:25 PM
It's official: Cohen is full blown #Cohening before the game has even started. Worst decision since Polk II. We better ****ing win the regional.

I couldn't agree more. Horrible decision that probably just cost us the regional.

DawgInMemphis
06-03-2016, 12:25 PM
Is the game viewable online?

Homedawg
06-03-2016, 12:26 PM

This is one decision that, too me, is no doubt the correct one. But go ahead. You like to bitch about Cohen no matter. Carry on.

pdawg10msu
06-03-2016, 12:28 PM
NM

Jack Lambert
06-03-2016, 12:29 PM
Hell yeah lets go ahead and win this one.

JohnnyQuid
06-03-2016, 12:30 PM
I couldn't agree more. Horrible decision that probably just cost us the regional.

it probably just cost us a regional? really?

I don't get the people going full nuclear over this decision. theyre throwing their ace in a game we must win - so we go with ours. I'm ok with it

Homedawg
06-03-2016, 12:30 PM

Well shit, why don't I just go home then. Regional is already over.

mparkerfd20
06-03-2016, 12:34 PM
Well shit, why don't I just go home then. Regional is already over.

Might as well.

War Machine Dawg
06-03-2016, 12:34 PM
it probably just cost us a regional? really?

I don't get the people going full nuclear over this decision. theyre throwing their ace in a game we must win - so we go with ours. I'm ok with it

Their "ace" has 10 wins over sub-200 RPI teams. I fully expect us to hit him. But if we can't beat the mother****ing 4 seed with Houston or Pilkington, that doesn't say much for our potential at a deep run, now does it? You don't waste your ace against the 4 seed. Especially not when you're a national seed. That's just how it is. Hopefully it works out, but that doesn't make it less of a stupid decision. And if we don't win the regional - it's on Cohen for this bullshit.

mparkerfd20
06-03-2016, 12:36 PM
For those that don't know me, I am being a bit facetious. I don't think it matters who we pitch our bats have to be lively. I still think we 'should' win the regional or we aren't the team I think we are.

mparkerfd20
06-03-2016, 12:38 PM
If we jump on their ace early and score 5+ in first 4 innings do you pull Hudson early to save for later just in case?

Johnson85
06-03-2016, 12:39 PM
Their "ace" has 10 wins over sub-200 RPI teams. I fully expect us to hit him. But if we can't beat the mother****ing 4 seed with Houston or Pilkington, that doesn't say much for our potential at a deep run, now does it? You don't waste your ace against the 4 seed. Especially not when you're a national seed. That's just how it is. Hopefully it works out, but that doesn't make it less of a stupid decision. And if we don't win the regional - it's on Cohen for this bullshit.

I expect us to hit him, but keep in mind that the 2 and 3 seed will use their aces in their first game, so we're talking about having Sexton go against their second pitching option, which we should be in good shape for.

Also, Hudson is our pitcher that is most likely to go deep into the game. Do you want to use our ace in a game against CSF or La Tech's 2nd pitcher that is potentially going to get a lengthy rain delay 4 innings in?

And again, if SEMO is big on taking pitches, do you want to put Houston on the mound and run the risk of burning through some pitchers?

I'm not sure starting Hudson is the right decision, but it definitely doesn't seem stupid to me. If it wasn't for the forecast, I do think I'd lean against throwing him.

War Machine Dawg
06-03-2016, 12:40 PM
If we jump on their ace early and score 5+ in first 4 innings do you pull Hudson early to save for later just in case?

I would. It'd be nice to have him available to close out the last couple of innings of the Championship game if it's tight.

ScoobaDawg
06-03-2016, 12:46 PM

and as it has been said, those numbers don't match up to his talent.

We will see.

preachermatt83
06-03-2016, 12:48 PM
Let's Go Huddy!!

CadaverDawg
06-03-2016, 12:49 PM
Worst case scenario, we have our #2 vs CSF's #2 tomorrow. This decision is not that big of a deal. The alternative worst case is that we lose while throwing Houston and half of our pen is blown, and we have to bank on winning through the loser's bracket with no bullpen.

JohnnyQuid
06-03-2016, 12:50 PM

I agree we should be able to beat any 4 seed with our top 3-4 guys but shit happens and losing the opener would be far more damning. if we end up losing the regional there will be alot more reasons to it than "man if only hudson wouldn't have thrown friday."

I think we win it tho

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-03-2016, 12:51 PM

Don't disagree...just asking, but how many other 1 seeds are throwing their ace today?

Bully13
06-03-2016, 01:00 PM
Didn't someone say this semo pitcher is going to be a high 1st round pick? I don't care about the competition he's faced then. Folks who know more about him than anybody on this board think he's damned good. Cohen may have made the right call.

Johnson85
06-03-2016, 01:03 PM

The problem with that is you either burn somebody you may likely need in the next two games in order to have Hudson available to pitch in a relief situation that may or may not occur and that he's not used to performing in regardless, or you go far enough down in your bull pen that I'm not sure you can be confident they'll take care of business.

I think I'd lean towards letting him finish out the game, or enough of it that we can close out with somebody we wouldn't expect to be needed in the next two games, and then if we get in dire straights in the final game of the regionals, surely hudson would be available for an inning if we needed him. If you're talking about more than an inning so that you need to pull him early on Friday, how many innings woudl you be comfortable throwing him without it potentially having a carryover effect into the super regionals?

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-03-2016, 01:04 PM
I think Hudson is the correct move simply looking at the weather for the weekend. The first game is the only game that we can say right now that might not be affected by the weather. A couple of teams pitching staffs will face starting and stopping at some point. I wouldn't want to take a chance of Hudson starting, stopping, and possibly starting again and end up only using him 4 innings on the weekend.

basedog
06-03-2016, 01:05 PM
Man is it hot! Hudson probably would last longer than Houston in this heat. We shall see.
Great crowd.

Homedawg
06-03-2016, 01:05 PM
You are going to blame Cohen if we don't win it? Really. What else's is new? You would blame him if we lost no matter who started! And who really gives a flying **** what you think. He damn sure doesn't.

defiantdog
06-03-2016, 01:13 PM
We need this first win. Cohen needs to get this first win to instill confidence in the team.

CadaverDawg
06-03-2016, 01:22 PM
We need this first win. Cohen needs to get this first win to instill confidence in the team.

Yep, & ULL regional already in a delay.

War Machine Dawg
06-03-2016, 01:31 PM
Is our game not starting on time? The WatchESPN link hasn't moved from upcoming to live.

Quaoarsking
06-03-2016, 01:33 PM
Is our game not starting on time? The WatchESPN link hasn't moved from upcoming to live.

Not seeing it either. We're not blacked out, are we?

blacklistedbully
06-03-2016, 01:33 PM
Isn't SEMo the better hitting team (or should I say CSF the worse hitting team)?

To me, I think it's a mistake to simplify it down to, "our ace vs the best pitching staff we're likely to face in game 2. I think it makes sense to use our ace vs the better hitting team, regardless of who they are pitching, and trust Sexton to be more than enough to handle CSF's hitters better than CSF's ace can handle our hitters.

Let's not forget how very damn good Sexton is, and how weak CSF's hitting has been.

RocketDawg
06-03-2016, 01:35 PM

Yeah, I have the same issue. Still, at 1:35.

Dawg61
ESPN3 has it on now. Breaking out the Purity vodka today! Omaha here we come

Goldendawg
Watch ESPN is showing no games past 1:00 PM starts. Are we blacked out or not even worthy of streaming?

Dawg61
06-03-2016, 01:36 PM
Not seeing it either. We're not blacked out, are we?

Just takes a couple minutes to go from upcoming to live now. It's up now.

Bubb Rubb
Isn't SEMo the better hitting team (or should I say CSF the worse hitting team)?

To me, I think it's a mistake to simplify it down to, "our ace vs the best pitching staff we're likely to face in game 2. I think it makes sense to use our ace vs the better hitting team, regardless of who they are pitching, and trust Sexton to be more than enough to handle CSF's hitters better than CSF's ace can handle our hitters.

Let's not forget how very damn good Sexton is, and how weak CSF's hitting has been.

The most important game is the first one. I agree with throwing Hudson. I hope he's better than he was against LSU in the SEC tournament.

RocketDawg
ESPN3 has it on now. Breaking out the Purity vodka today! Omaha here we come

Well, keep us up to date. May have to break out my iPad.

War Machine Dawg
06-03-2016, 01:37 PM
Groundout to Lowe starts the game for Huddy.

RocketDawg
06-03-2016, 01:37 PM
Just takes a couple minutes to go from upcoming to live now. It's up now.

Yeah, got it now.

Goldendawg
06-03-2016, 01:38 PM
It's on now, but have you noticed they are behind the live action?

War Machine Dawg
Hudson Ks the second batter.

mparkerfd20
Ground out, K... 2 down.

Dawg61
06-03-2016, 01:39 PM
Well, keep us up to date. May have to break out my iPad.

I'm watching on iPad

mparkerfd20
Another K

RocketDawg

They're always behind by maybe a minute or two.

Dawg61

Streaming is always 15-20 seconds behind live

War Machine Dawg
06-03-2016, 01:40 PM
Hudson K x 2 ends Top of the 1st.

RocketDawg
06-03-2016, 01:40 PM
Good inning. Hudson seems to be on top of things today.

Brando
06-03-2016, 01:41 PM
I jslust dont understand this. If we cant beat SEMO with Houston or Pilk, were not going very far....

CadaverDawg
06-03-2016, 01:42 PM
I want a dominant Huddy performance & then to sit back and watch CSF & La Tech slug it out all night long between 15 rain delays, using 7-8 pitchers each. Ha

CadaverDawg
06-03-2016, 01:43 PM
I jslust dont understand this. If we cant beat SEMO with Houston or Pilk, were not going very far....

Not necessarily. SEMO is the only team whose Ace we will face...and he's a damn good one.

RocketDawg
06-03-2016, 01:44 PM
Lucchessi has a heckuva windup.

War Machine Dawg
06-03-2016, 01:44 PM
Mangum Ks to start B1

RocketDawg
06-03-2016, 01:46 PM
Mangum didn't think he'd swung at that, but as Dizzy Dean used to say, "If he'd hit the ball it would have gone out of the park".

War Machine Dawg
06-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Kruger singles through the middle

mparkerfd20
06-03-2016, 01:52 PM
4 up 3 down. On to 2nd 0-0

maroonmania
06-03-2016, 01:53 PM
Boy this sucks to be at work during the game. I can't even get live stats to work.

MarketingBully
06-03-2016, 01:53 PM
This is why playing like crap last week isn't good. Looks like it is carrying over to this game early. Mangum didn't look good in his at bat and we are letting first pitch fastball strikes go to put us in holes early.

CadaverDawg
06-03-2016, 01:55 PM
Dammit Dakota

Can't walk the damn leadoff

mparkerfd20
06-03-2016, 01:58 PM
Stand up double. 2&3 no outs.

CadaverDawg
06-03-2016, 01:58 PM
Shit. 2nd & 3rd with 0 outs for SEMO. Can't walk guys and fall behind 2-0 in the count

MarketingBully
06-03-2016, 01:59 PM
Hey guys, are you guys glad we had a shitty performance last week? Hangover from last week. A walk and a double then two on and no outs for SEMO.

CadaverDawg
06-03-2016, 01:59 PM
We're in trouble early. I've got a bad feeling about this SEMO team.

War Machine Dawg
06-03-2016, 02:00 PM
Huddy struggling with his command this inning. Shit shit shit. Shit!

Coldsleeve Jr.
06-03-2016, 02:01 PM
We're in trouble early. I've got a bad feeling about this SEMO team.

Me neither.

maroonmania
06-03-2016, 02:02 PM
Hey guys, are you guys glad we had a shitty performance last week? Hangover from last week. A walk and a double then two on and no outs for SEMO.

I've had a bad feeling. Yes, we should beat them but it makes no sense why ANY national seed gets the best #4 seeded team in the entire field of 64.

War Machine Dawg
Grounder to Collins. Collins cuts the runner down at the plate. 1 away.

ScoobaDawg

You just understand how good their pitcher is then.. that's fine.

CadaverDawg
Collins gets him at the plate. 1st & 3rd w/ 1 out

maroonmania
06-03-2016, 02:03 PM
Need a K

MarketingBully
06-03-2016, 02:04 PM
If you fall behind in a pitch count 2-0 consistantly, you will fail as a pitcher for that game. Because average hitters can hit fastballs down the middle.

ScoobaDawg
06-03-2016, 02:04 PM
This is why playing like crap last week isn't good. Looks like it is carrying over to this game early. Mangum didn't look good in his at bat and we are letting first pitch fastball strikes go to put us in holes early.

Here comes the drama already from you
Maybe we know he threw 160 or some crazy number pitches last week and want to work him a little.

Brando
06-03-2016, 02:05 PM
Gotta get the ball down...

War Machine Dawg
Liner into left. 1-0 SEMO.

ScoobaDawg
Come on Hudson. Get the ball down and get out of this inning with only one.

CadaverDawg
06-03-2016, 02:06 PM
1-0 SEMO. Belt high fastball.

We're in trouble

ScoobaDawg
06-03-2016, 02:07 PM
Runners on 1st and 2nd 1 out. Hudson falling behind again 2-0
Low inside strike called 2-1 count

MarketingBully
06-03-2016, 02:07 PM
Come on Hudson. Get the ball down and get out of this inning with only one.

If we keep playing like this, drama will come from everyone.

Dawg61
06-03-2016, 02:08 PM
Puke on the mound already and start throwing strikes!!

Maroon Diapers
Another case of getting 2 strikes on great pitches just to follow them with meat pitch

MarketingBully
And I'm not any worse then any multiple numbers of posters in this thread.

ScoobaDawg
06-03-2016, 02:09 PM
Fake bunt, should of been a damn strike blue.
Foul off 3-2
Misses upstairs BASES LOADED

Hudson at 38 pitches already

Hudson being talked about being 8th , 9th overall draft pick.

PMDawg
06-03-2016, 02:10 PM
Way to shit the bed Dakota. Wtf? All the work that went into getting here just pissed away throwing balls?

mparkerfd20
Over the last few weeks, Hudson has lost 'it'. Was afraid of this.

Bothrops
If we can answer immediately, Hudson will probably be ok. This game is like that.

msstate7
We in trouble

CadaverDawg
Son of a bitch. We're gonna lose to ****ing SEMO as the #6 overall with our ace on the hill

ScoobaDawg
06-03-2016, 02:11 PM
Buckle down. Called strike 1.
beautiful. 90+ fastball hitting inside corner 0-2

Magnum gets the line out. Sac fly 2-0

War Machine Dawg
06-03-2016, 02:12 PM
Flyout to Mangum drives in a run. 2-0 SEMO

Dawg61
Ball is way too high in the zone. Hudson is nervous as shit

99jc
This is BS we should have started Houston or sexton .....cohens loses this regional his A$$ is back on the hot seat.

CadaverDawg
0-2 belt high AGAIN?! Wtf Dakota?!

MarketingBully
06-03-2016, 02:13 PM
Son of a bitch. We're gonna lose to ****ing SEMO as the #6 overall with our ace on the hill

But the first game gives us the best chance to win the regional, didn't you know?*****

ScoobaDawg
Ground ball to first. Hudson gets the toss.. Inning over. 2-0

War Machine Dawg

Glad we went with our ace against the 4 seed. Gonna be great not having him for an elimination game tomorrow.********

/reverse jinx please work

Dawg61
06-03-2016, 02:14 PM

Nothing you can do when your #1 draft pick is pissing all over himself. He's so damn nervous he can't throw a ****ing strike.

Gutter Cobreh
Get the bullpen warm.... 45 pitches after 2 innings and Hudson won't be in the game much longer....

ScoobaDawg
This is BS we should have started Houston or sexton .....cohens loses this regional his A$$ is back on the hot seat.

Soooo you think Houston Or Sexton would of been doing better right now?
YOU ARE ****ING STUPID.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
Has Hudson started a day game this year other than today?

War Machine Dawg
06-03-2016, 02:15 PM

No. Worst to first and first SEC regular season title means he's more than safe next season. Stop being an idiot.

ScoobaDawg
06-03-2016, 02:16 PM
I will take an android commercial all day over the depressed kids of america

CadaverDawg
06-03-2016, 02:17 PM
Can't walk people. Throw damn strikes. You throw 95 with a 90 mph cutter, you should never walk anybody

ScoobaDawg
Looks like a dance move instead of delivering a pitch/

Keep missing low...

mparkerfd20
HR ROOKER!!!

DawgInMemphis
Boom.

War Machine Dawg
Rooker leadoff BOMB!!!!! 2-1 SEMO

ScoobaDawg
BVYE BYE ROOKER HOME RUN right to Hobie in the Tiki Hut

Dawg61
This guys windup is goofy as shit. Homerun ROOKER!!!!

BeardoMSU
06-03-2016, 02:18 PM
Dinger!

CadaverDawg
Rooker Bomb! Yes sir

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
Hell yeah, nice answer!

Brando
That a boy Rooker!!!

War Machine Dawg
Robson tries to bunt for a hit, thrown out by the pitcher. Must be nice to have pitchers who can field a damn bunt.

ScoobaDawg
06-03-2016, 02:19 PM
Robson goes for the bunt... damn good play if he got him... right up the 1st base line

Brando
Damn that was close on Robson...

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
LOL at the crowd and the counting at the windup

BulldogBear
06-03-2016, 02:20 PM
Robson goes for the bunt... damn good play if he got him... right up the 1st base line

On TV He Was OUT BY AT Least A step. Wasn't really that close.

DawgInMemphis
Which one of you guys is "ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR, FIVE!" guy?

CadaverDawg
LOL at the crowd and the counting at the windup

That's great, haha

ScoobaDawg
Come on Reid....

I don't know what the counting is about except counting his movement lol but its working

MarketingBully
Great home run by Rooker! 2-0 fastball down the middle should be deposited over the fence! Love the fans mocking the pitcher too! :)

Dawg61
Crowd counting his moves is great!!

ScoobaDawg
06-03-2016, 02:21 PM
Base hit up the middle for hump

Way down low... Golfed it over 2b

War Machine Dawg
Hump with a humpback liner into CF. 1 away, runner on 1B

maroonmania
Rooker loves him some left handers.

Coach34
06-03-2016, 02:22 PM
12 loves the LHP's

CadaverDawg
06-03-2016, 02:23 PM
Dammit Gridley. Work this guy, don't bail him out

War Machine Dawg
Gridley Ks. Terrible swing.

ScoobaDawg
Damnit... K

MarketingBully
06-03-2016, 02:24 PM
Gridley was the one who k'ed not Mangum.

War Machine Dawg
06-03-2016, 02:25 PM
Black Hole chops out to 3B. 2-1 SEMO after 2.

ScoobaDawg
Holland hits grounder to 3b... inning over

mparkerfd20
Mangum did K to begin the game. Holland just hit to 3B. Top of 3rd. 2-1 SEMO

CadaverDawg

Yea I thought I was way behind or something

War Machine Dawg
06-03-2016, 02:26 PM

Yeah, brain fart. Lost track of the order somehow.

War Machine Dawg
06-03-2016, 02:27 PM
Why didn't we start Stovall? He's ready to go and had beaten out Black Hole for a reason before the injury.

CadaverDawg
06-03-2016, 02:27 PM
It was good to get 1 back. Now we need Huddy to settle in and throw low strikes, & get back to the plate

CadaverDawg
06-03-2016, 02:28 PM
Why didn't we start Stovall? He's ready to go and had beaten out Black Hole for a reason before the injury.

Especially against a LHP. Who knows. Guess it was the errors in the SEC tourney

mparkerfd20
ANOTHER Leadoff Walk. Hudcase.

CadaverDawg
Hudson still up in the zone. This is NOT good. At all

djaymsu5
That's great, haha

Yea if I was that guy I would just go from the stretch the rest of the game.

ScoobaDawg
06-03-2016, 02:29 PM
Foul off 0-1
3 straight balls not close

and a closer one but a 5 pitch leadoff walk

MarketingBully
Let's walk the lead off guy again.

CadaverDawg
We will not win this game with walks like this. We're in deep shit

War Machine Dawg
Glad we started Hudson so he could go deep into the game and save our pen for the weekend. No way we'd get this kind of performance from Houston.*****

maroonmania

For Cohen who loves matchups it really doesn't make sense why Stovall is not in the lineup against a lefty.

ScoobaDawg
Hudson here is where you earn your money bud.. COME ON

mparkerfd20
06-03-2016, 02:30 PM
Get that fugger out of there. He's a headcase today.

ScoobaDawg
06-03-2016, 02:30 PM
Glad we started Hudson so he could go deep into the game and save our pen for the weekend. No way we'd get this kind of performance from Houston.*****

glad you know Houston would not turn back into shitty mode based on starting ONE game.

mparkerfd20
06-03-2016, 02:31 PM
Double 3-1 now.

ScoobaDawg
double...
3-1

MarketingBully
Get Huddy out of there. He is already counting his money it looks like.

MadDawg
Hudson getting shelled

Dawg61
Holllly shit Hudson

War Machine Dawg
SEMO HAMMERS one into the LCF gap, runner scores from 1B. 3-1 SEMO

CadaverDawg
06-03-2016, 02:32 PM
Holy shit, they're ripping Hudson. I can't believe this shit.

1-2 & he hangs a damn slider? Hudson is blowing it. He is simply not pitching well

Brando
Get Hudsons ass out of there... he is leaving them right down the gut to them..

civildawg
you have to pull him. he obviously isnt on today.

MarketingBully
Put in Rigby take out Hudson.

msstate7
06-03-2016, 02:33 PM
Welcome back '15 Hudson. Get the pen ready... Burn Hudson and the pen in an opening day loss. Nice, dawgs. Maybe we should've stayed home bc we can't seem to play well in front of a nice crowd

CadaverDawg
Not only is Hudson horrible today...he's at 60 damn pitches already. In the 3RD. Worst possible scenario.

We are....

maroonmania
Oh well, it was a nice season anyway.

ScoobaDawg
06-03-2016, 02:34 PM
Nice ground ball to 2nd spin move out.
Runner moves to 3rd. 1 away

NEED A K!!!

Saltydog
a bad decision! I would've started Houston!

mparkerfd20
4-1

ScoobaDawg
06-03-2016, 02:35 PM
5 first pitch strikes on 14 batters

CadaverDawg
This is why I didn't think the SEC bed shitting was "ok". We have now looked like shit for 3 straight games.

War Machine Dawg
I start warming up Houston right ****ing now. If by some miracle Huddy gets out of this inning, I yank his ass and give Houston a clean inning to start the 4th.

ScoobaDawg
Safety squeeze scores the run... DAMNIT

MarketingBully
So last two innings were both the same walk double walk double and 4-1. Hudson is not our ace. The last two starts have just sucked balls.

mparkerfd20
Glad we didn't save Hudson now. Lordy Lordy

ScoobaDawg
06-03-2016, 02:36 PM
I start warming up Houston right ****ing now. If by some miracle Huddy gets out of this inning, I yank his ass and give Houston a clean inning to start the 4th.

I've read some stupid shit.. but you want to waste a 2nd starting pitcher???

CadaverDawg
06-03-2016, 02:36 PM
All the accolades this year....and we'll be 2 & Out. Pathetic.

Hudson can't do this as an ace. You can't walk people and not adjust by getting the ball down. Hate to say it, but this is on him at this point.

ScoobaDawg
06-03-2016, 02:37 PM
base hit up the middle. Hudson at 64 pitches. 2 outs.

ScoobaDawg
06-03-2016, 02:37 PM
fly out to Hump... top half over 4-1

ScoobaDawg
06-03-2016, 02:38 PM
So last two innings were both the same walk double walk double and 4-1. Hudson is not our ace. The last two starts have just sucked balls.

Who the hell is our ace then?

God some of y'all go STUPID in these game threads.

SaintDawg
Embarrassing

MarketingBully
All the accolades this year....and we'll be 2 & Out. Pathetic.

Hudson can't do this as an ace. You can't walk people and not adjust by getting the ball down. Hate to say it, but this is on him at this point.

He isn't our ace. He just used us for a big pay day and we got 3/4 of a year out of him.

msstate7
06-03-2016, 02:39 PM
We haven't played good baseball in a long time. We peaked too early

mparkerfd20
Mangum can not bat right handed.

sandjunky

He had zero scored errors in Hoover

MarketingBully

An ace doesn't pitch like this. Name an ace who has these obvious flaws?

War Machine Dawg
06-03-2016, 02:40 PM

That's the point. Let us vent. Stop asking people to be rational and logical in game threads.

Engine
06-03-2016, 02:41 PM
Wonder if the counting is ****ing up our hitters

djaymsu5
We have looked like a different team the last 3 games. I don't know if this team got satisfied or what but they haven't done shit. We will lose this game

ScoobaDawg
He isn't our ace. He just used us for a big pay day and we got 3/4 of a year out of him.

keep sticking your foot in your mouth by god you say even more dumb things.
Next thing you will say you saw one at the bar last night again...

maroonmania
06-03-2016, 02:42 PM
We haven't played good baseball in a long time. We peaked too early

Well we won 12 in a row prior to the 2 bad games in Hoover. Now granted, maybe we lost our focus playing too many bad teams at the end of the year but you don't win 12 in a row not playing well no matter who you play.

MarketingBully
We are down 4-1 to SEMO in which if we lose this game we basically will be out of our own regional. At this point, we don't have an ace IMO.

ScoobaDawg
That's the point. Let us vent. Stop asking people to be rational and logical in game threads.

You say something ****ing stupid be prepared to have it called out.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
http://i.imgur.com/PEsitOS.gif?1

Engine
I wouldn't want all that counting shit ****ing up my rhythm and timing. Fans need to shut the **** up. Especially down ****ing 3 runs.

djaymsu5
06-03-2016, 02:43 PM
Mangum can not bat right handed.

Don't think other teams don't know this. They know he is a huge piece of our success this year. He keeps innings alive and gets them going. Without him it puts a lot more stress on the other players. He needs to just hit from the left side from here on out

ScoobaDawg
Well we won 12 in a row prior to the 2 bad games in Hoover. Now granted, maybe we lost our focus playing too many bad teams at the end of the year but you don't win 12 in a row not playing well no matter who you play.

Thats a truthful point. We are not looking sharp.
But it's the 3rd inning. We will win this game.

CadaverDawg

They called Em hits then. But they were errors

mparkerfd20
06-03-2016, 02:44 PM
What I wouldn't give for back to back jacks now.

ScoobaDawg
DAMNIT foul by 2 feet off the left field bullpen fence... straighten it out LOWE

GTHOM
Im sorry boys but this team hasnt been the same since the LSU series, when we played basically our entire 2nd half of the season against shitty teams our intensity dropped tremendously and it shows. We wouldnt have beaten Arky without them making mistakes. We wont make it out of our own regional

MarketingBully
keep sticking your foot in your mouth by god you say even more dumb things.
Next thing you will say you saw one at the bar last night again...

What in my statement was not true? Has he pitched well for us when it counted? Last week? No. This week? No. Will he still be a top 15 pick next week? Yes. Did we get anything out of him for the past two year up to this year? No.

ScoobaDawg
line drive into rf... lowe on 1st

CadaverDawg
06-03-2016, 02:45 PM
What in my statement was not true? Has he pitched well for us when it counted? Last week? No. This week? No. Will he still be a top 15 pick next week? Yes. Did we get anything out of him for the past two year up to this year? No.

Dude. Stop

mparkerfd20
06-03-2016, 02:46 PM
Come on ROOK. Need a hit bad here.

ScoobaDawg
06-03-2016, 02:46 PM

He struggled against lsu in both games this season.
Lets see how his day ends today before you write it off...

and if you want to write off his last two years..; go talk to butch about wasting him

ScoobaDawg
06-03-2016, 02:47 PM
Line drive into right... runenrs at 1st and 3rd
2 out rally GET EM IN.. WE HAVE TO HIT WITH 2 outs to win games

mparkerfd20
HELL YEAH. HR ROOKER!!!! 4-4

MarketingBully
Dude. Stop

I'll stop but the point remains. Up until this freshman class, we didn't get anything from great recruits until their junior year under Cohen.

msstate7
We got our break... Good job, dawgs. Don't let Hudson give it back. Have pen ready

War Machine Dawg
06-03-2016, 02:48 PM
ROOKER BOMB!!!!! 4-4!!!!!!!

CadaverDawg
Oh my God! Rooker!

Dude thought he had it! Haha

ScoobaDawg
ROOKER BOMB 4-4

Cf thought he had it bounched off top of wall

NOW YOU HATERS Shut the **** up

it bounched off the table someone has out there... haha glad he didnt jump

maroonmania
Thats a truthful point. We are not looking sharp.
But it's the 3rd inning. We will win this game.

We are going to have to hold SEMO down to have a chance. We don't need to give up more than 5 or 6 runs to have a chance to come back given their best pitcher is going. Hope he runs out of gas early.

BrunswickDawg
ROOKER!!!

Engine
Rooker!!!!! How did he not catch that haha

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
How did he not catch that?????

BeardoMSU
Holy....Shit!!!!!

CadaverDawg
06-03-2016, 02:49 PM
Our fans have to reach over and grab that! Come on Lizards!!

Dawg61
OMFG we just got SO LUCKY!!!!! HailState

GTHOM
Gone head rook shut all our asses up

MarketingBully
Woot HR! We are back tied! Woohoo! :). Now Hudson please please get under control.

maroonmania
ROOKER BOMB!!!!! 4-4!!!!!!!

Great job Dogs!! Now Hudson, get your sh*t together.

BeardoMSU
06-03-2016, 02:50 PM
Hopefully this puts a charge in Dakota. Let's go boys!

BiscuitEater
New Life .. baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rooker for MVP

CadaverDawg
Swing the damn bat, Robson

Brando
06-03-2016, 02:51 PM
Bout damn time we caught a break!!! This ump is still giving them a whole lot more calls on the corners than we are getting!!

maroonmania
Our fans have to reach over and grab that! Come on Lizards!!

Can we invite Steve Bartman to our games!!

War Machine Dawg
Backwards K for Robson ends the inning. 4-4 after 3.

Ok, Huddy. Settle the **** down and pitch now. Rooker has bailed out your ass, make the most of it.

CadaverDawg
Get your head outta your ass now, Huddy! Let's Go!!

BeardoMSU
What was that, a pitching wedge, maybe? First pitch, and he ****ing dinged it.

MarketingBully
Strike zone is different for Hudson vs SEMO pitcher. That was not strike 3.

CadaverDawg
06-03-2016, 02:52 PM
Can we invite Steve Bartman to our games!!

No shit.

I bet Hump is wondering where that outfielder has been during all of his rob jobs this year.

djaymsu5
Thank God Rooker showed up today. Holy Shit! If I'm Cohen I pull Hudson here and do something different. It's obvious he just doesn't have it today and they are teeing off on him. Let's go to Daniel Brown or somebody and see how far he can go.

War Machine Dawg
Strike zone is different for Hudson vs SEMO pitcher. That was not strike 3.

If Huddy were throwing strikes, he'd get a few more calls. It's on Hudson, not the ump.

sandwolf

Haha, what? We had 8 errors in 3 games.....2 against Bama, 3 against LSU and 3 against Florida.

MarketingBully
06-03-2016, 02:53 PM
Key here will be to get lead off hitter out.

sandjunky
06-03-2016, 02:54 PM
Haha, what? We had 8 errors in 3 games.....2 against Bama, 3 against LSU and 3 against Florida.
Were talking Stovall dude not the team ...

ScoobaDawg
06-03-2016, 02:54 PM
Well the first pitch bounched at 54 feet...
but the 2nd was a nice strike
Now 2-2 on a foul off

Magnum with the flyout... 1 away