PDA

View Full Version : For the love of Mike please someone make me stop.....

coastratdog
06-03-2016, 07:15 AM
Why do I continue to look at the CL online and expect an article about MSU to not have some kind of back biting or a negative slap at us. I'm not going to link it for y'all sanity but in the article about SEM's ace it has to end with, and I paraphrase, "a source at MSU told me that the reason the game time was moved up was so the pitcher could have less rest and made to pitch in the sun instead of at night when it's cooler". That may very well be true, I don't know, but really Bonner you have you have to make it sound like some secret conspiracy. Super duper detective work. Anything to try and make us look bad.

GreenheadDawg
06-03-2016, 07:21 AM
Have they announced that he is pitching? Fact is, this guy isn't better than any SEC ace we faced all year so if we can't beat him then we wouldn't have gone very far anyhow

Mjoelner34
06-03-2016, 07:30 AM
Fact is, this guy isn't better than any SEC ace we faced all year so if we can't beat him then we wouldn't have gone very far anyhow

^^^THIS!!!^^^ His 10 wins are against teams with an average RPI of 202.

LC Dawg
06-03-2016, 07:38 AM
That's actually what I have always thought the time change was for.
Is there a rule that you have to announce your starting pitcher by a certain time or can you just wait until you turn in your lineup?

Reason2succeed
06-03-2016, 07:39 AM
http://www.evilenglish.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/31510528.jpg

ShotgunDawg
06-03-2016, 07:41 AM
Have they announced that he is pitching? Fact is, this guy isn't better than any SEC ace we faced all year so if we can't beat him then we wouldn't have gone very far anyhow

Actually that's not a fact.

This is the best senior starting pitcher in the country. He may pitch like crap today, but he's better than the ace at Ole Miss, Arkansas, & Tennessee & maybe more. He's a lot like Poche from LSU

Jack Lambert
06-03-2016, 07:44 AM

This is the best senior starting pitcher in the country. He may pitch like crap today, but he's better than the ace at Ole Miss, Arkansas, & Tennessee & maybe more. He's a lot like Poche from LSU

If he pitches like crap today then he was over rated.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-03-2016, 08:20 AM
Who is he been pitching to...that makes a big difference. There may be a QB tearing up the SWAC but that doesn't mean he going to come in a dominate us or any SEC team.

maroonmania
06-03-2016, 08:26 AM

Yes, and we got 2 measly runs off Poche and wouldn't have gotten that without the misplayed popup in the outfield. No, the SEMO guy hasn't faced a lot of top offenses but apparently he is highly thought of by MLB scouts. We really did get hosed in the regional selections. We got the best 4 seed in the entire field, a team with a pretty good offense and ONE ace pitcher that WE get to face. The only good thing going for us with the matchup is that the SEMO ace did pitch a lot in the tournament last weekend so he may tire quickly.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-03-2016, 08:29 AM
Yeah and I remember LSU was almost out of pitchers last week too because they used so many before our game.....we see how that worked out...

msstate7
06-03-2016, 08:37 AM
I don't doubt their guy's talent, but he'll be pitching vs a major upgrade in talent today. I think of it like there's a pitcher that's been dominating AAA, but struggles his first start at the mlb level. Why? Bc stuff that pitcher could get away with vs AAA doesn't happen vs mlb hitters. I'm sure their pitcher could just throw it by his conference teams any time he needed to during the season, but he'll have to be more fine and mix pitches vs us. We're gonna work this guy and tee off about the 3rd time thru our lineup and maybe before.

I wonder how many hitters that'll get drafted he's faced in one lineup this year. I would almost guarantee we'll have the most

Gutter Cobreh
06-03-2016, 08:54 AM
I think it has already been said, but worth repeating - if we can't beat the guy regardless of how good he is in our home park, then why worry about Omaha????

I want them to throw their best and I want to skull crush them!!!!

ScoobaDawg
06-03-2016, 08:58 AM
Why do I continue to look at the CL online and expect an article about MSU to not have some kind of back biting or a negative slap at us. I'm not going to link it for y'all sanity but in the article about SEM's ace it has to end with, and I paraphrase, "a source at MSU told me that the reason the game time was moved up was so the pitcher could have less rest and made to pitch in the sun instead of at night when it's cooler". That may very well be true, I don't know, but really Bonner you have you have to make it sound like some secret conspiracy. Super duper detective work. Anything to try and make us look bad.

True or not it's pretty crappy journalism.
Just remind yourself. you are going to a news site expecting news. you find trash. You will find better news here on this board.

Tbonewannabe
06-03-2016, 10:11 AM

And LSU plays night games at Death Valley because the crowd is louder at night. I didn't realize that Cohen wasn't supposed to use any advantage he could. I don't give a damn if his reason is the sun is shining in a particular spot in the outfield making it harder on opponents and our outfield is used to it. Great coaches use every advantage possible to win. It isn't like he is telling our team to slide spikes high on a guy. LSU has played the early game numerous times and they have a lot of National Titles. I don't have a problem copying them.

GreenheadDawg
06-03-2016, 11:17 AM

Best senior pitcher in the country? Sorry but I disagree

GreenheadDawg
06-03-2016, 11:20 AM
I don't doubt their guy's talent, but he'll be pitching vs a major upgrade in talent today. I think of it like there's a pitcher that's been dominating AAA, but struggles his first start at the mlb level. Why? Bc stuff that pitcher could get away with vs AAA doesn't happen vs mlb hitters. I'm sure their pitcher could just throw it by his conference teams any time he needed to during the season, but he'll have to be more fine and mix pitches vs us. We're gonna work this guy and tee off about the 3rd time thru our lineup and maybe before.

I wonder how many hitters that'll get drafted he's faced in one lineup this year. I would almost guarantee we'll have the most

Doesn't matter. Shotgun says he's the best pitcher ever, just kidding. But seriously, he hasn't faced a team as good as ours and he may shut us down but how many pitchers have we faced this year that would look like Nolan Ryan with the competition he has faced

djaymsu5
06-03-2016, 11:27 AM
All I can say is let them pitch their best and when we are knocking his ass off the mound and they are scrambling to get players to warm up in the pen they will know his ass was overrated in a weak conference. Theirs a reason he didn't sign to a big school out of highschool I would image regardless of how much he progressed his 4 years in college. Not saying he isn't good but damn guys we should beat this shit out of this team if we are as good as we are projected to be. Whatever is meant to be will happen. And **ck the CL!!!

maroonmania
06-03-2016, 11:55 AM
True or not it's pretty crappy journalism.
Just remind yourself. you are going to a news site expecting news. you find trash. You will find better news here on this board.

Thinking less and less of Bonner all the time, yesterday apparently he tweeted out some opinion about the Simmons punishment not being nearly harsh enough. Guess he's now gone from beat writer to opinion piece writer.