PDA

View Full Version : The Difference between OM and State

Reason2succeed
06-02-2016, 09:09 PM
When Jeffrey Simmons signed his name on the Letter of Intent he became a bulldog. Little did anyone know that shortly after that he would be involved in an altercation that would put his future in jeopardy. His future still hangs in a balance. But he made a promise to us and we had made a promise to him and his family.

Today the news hit that Jeffrey Simmons is indeed enrolling and will play football at State. Upon confirmation of his enrollment Twitter and news outlets have been set ablaze with negative publicly and second guessing of our football program and our university.

The difference between OM and State is that we actually "own it". Not just the coaches and administrators but even fans and alumni of State own responsibility for our decisions. We are not disillusioned or blinded by loyalty. No, we accept that this is a bad look. We know that Simmons will be on a zero tolerance policy no matter how well he plays. We demand it. There are even some State fans who have gone as far a disagree with giving Simmons a chance and others who think that the suspension should be longer. No one has silenced these dissenting voices or questioned their loyalty.

Please point me to a situation when OM has ever accepted criticism without deflecting. When has OM ever looked at a decision made by their university with scrutiny other than over mascots and confederate symbols. (Yes, I'm talking directly to you Rebels. Click an ad while you are here.) When have OM fans ever questioned their university for bringing in a player with a questionable past. We could go down the list of players OM has had transfer after being kicked out of other schools. It has become the normal routine there.

We are a different university with a different culture. We do not have a culture of corruption, spinning and lying. We have some things OM seems to lack: ethics, morals and values. So let them criticize us all they want. We know the truth about who we are. We accept responsibility for our actions and if he is open to learning from this mistake we will teach this to Jeffrey Simmons as well.

So let's stop arguing with them. Let them say what they want. In the end we will be vindicated by producing young men who make our university proud which is more than we can say about them.

I_Spy
06-02-2016, 09:14 PM
Right, MS STATE is a school, education also happens here. This kid isn't a problem kid from what they say, who is to judge his punishment anyway. Last I looked nobody was perfect yet still had chances in life. I think bad management is when the kids continue bad behavior or Freeze situations and nothing is ever done.

I_Spy
06-02-2016, 09:18 PM
If we follow the publics judgements or shadow casting, NO PERSON could EVER enroll at State. Or anywhere else.
The uneducated populace we'd become

bulldogsmsu
06-02-2016, 09:36 PM
When Jeffrey Simmons signed his name on the Letter of Intent he became a bulldog. Little did anyone know that shortly after that he would be involved in an altercation that would put his future in jeopardy. His future still hangs in a balance. But he made a promise to us and we had made a promise to him and his family.

Today the news hit that Jeffrey Simmons is indeed enrolling and will play football at State. Upon confirmation of his enrollment Twitter and news outlets have been set ablaze with negative publicly and second guessing of our football program and our university.

The difference between OM and State is that we actually "own it". Not just the coaches and administrators but even fans and alumni of State own responsibility for our decisions. We are not disillusioned or blinded by loyalty. No, we accept that this is a bad look. We know that Simmons will be on a zero tolerance policy no matter how well he plays. We demand it. There are even some State fans who have gone as far a disagree with giving Simmons a chance and others who think that the suspension should be longer. No one has silenced these dissenting voices or questioned their loyalty.

Please point me to a situation when OM has ever accepted criticism without deflecting. When has OM ever looked at a decision made by their university with scrutiny other than over mascots and confederate symbols. (Yes, I'm talking directly to you Rebels. Click an ad while you are here.) When have OM fans ever questioned their university for bringing in a player with a questionable past. We could go down the list of players OM has had transfer after being kicked out of other schools. It has become the normal routine there.

We are a different university with a different culture. We do not have a culture of corruption, spinning and lying. We have some things OM seems to lack: ethics, morals and values. So let them criticize us all they want. We know the truth about who we are. We accept responsibility for our actions and if he is open to learning from this mistake we will teach this to Jeffrey Simmons as well.

So let's stop arguing with them. Let them say what they want. In the end we will be vindicated by producing young men who make our university proud which is more than we can say about them.

Could we start a list of players who were kicked off of other teams for disciplinary actions and OM taking them in under the freeze helm who just wants to give others a 2nd chance? We won't even get into the heppin business erra.

Todd4State
06-02-2016, 09:48 PM
Everyone is talking about what would happen if Simmons does it again- yet no one is talking about what would happen if he learns a lesson and never does it again.

I_Spy
06-02-2016, 10:16 PM
tell the naysayers, we are here to shut them down.

Ignorance is not our policy at Ms State

maroonmania
06-03-2016, 08:55 AM
You guys waste too much time. I really don't care nor am I interested in reading what others are saying about Jeffrey Simmons because I don't care nor is it their business anyway. Simmons was not even an MSU student when the incident happened and I'm sure he will be on a short leash. About the only way I would have even considered cutting Simmons loose would have been if we got a pledge from the other 120+ D1 football programs that they would not have enrolled him either.

Gutter Cobreh
06-03-2016, 09:02 AM
You guys waste too much time. I really don't care nor am I interested in reading what others are saying about Jeffrey Simmons because I don't care nor is it their business anyway. Simmons was not even an MSU student when the incident happened and I'm sure he will be on a short leash. About the only way I would have even considered cutting Simmons loose would have been if we got a pledge from the other 120+ D1 football programs that they would not have enrolled him either.

+1000. The only change I would add would be cutting Simmons wasn't even considered regardless of what other schools choose to do. We offered Simmons and as an institution, we keep our commitment just as he did with us.

All this noise about Simmons is fake posturing by those trying to deflect. I guarantee you that 80% of those "bashing" us are secretly at home acknowledging that we did the right thing. We should be more persistent is relaying the message that he wasn't even a student when the issue occurred.

Stricklin and Mullen absolutely did the right thing for Simmons as a person, and that is what is important.

Jack Lambert
06-03-2016, 09:05 AM
Ole Miss just plain out sucks.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-03-2016, 09:38 AM
Guarantee you if he had committed to OM and this happened, he would have went on his missionary trip to Haiti, came back rehabilitated, got baptized in front of teammates and all would be well. They are just so glad to have some pressure taken off of them, even if it is for just a few days. Good thing about our problem is that it is handled and were moving on. Their problems are just beginning.