PDA

View Full Version : If I was Mullen...

SDDawg
06-02-2016, 02:34 PM
I'd NEVER comment on the Simmons topic. EVER. I'd put him on the list of summer enrollees, instruct everyone to never comment on it, and simply move on. Any member of the press asking about it (now or next season), I'd no comment and then refer to previous statements (of "no comment"). I wouldn't give those G**D*** Rebs the satisfaction of ever addressing while they continue to recruit felon after felon. Let them choke on that 2nd letter. I'd quietly blackball any of the guys that insist on pushing this angle when they don't even report on OM's corruption and pending NCAA sanctions.

I'm not Mullen of course, but I hope he takes a hard line here. Don't give them one shred of satisfaction.

EAVdog
06-02-2016, 02:37 PM
There is no point in rehashing an incident that happened prior to him being a student athlete at MSU. Old news that was handled according to the legal system.

He'd be on a short leash internally though for sure.

TrapGame
06-02-2016, 02:42 PM
"Freeze would never let him on the team after what he did."

That from a retarded Grove rat on SDS a couple of days ago. All the allegations against Freeze that are turning out to be spot on true and these bastards still think Beaver The Cheater wouldn't take Simmons. Hell, he has a guy on the team that sexually assaulted a teammate in the butt!

But, I agree with you, especially after our lapdog sports media let om skate for a year knowing full well the NCAA was looking up their ass with a spotlight.

Reason2succeed
06-02-2016, 03:01 PM
Either way it goes the OM-led media is going to write the story that they want to write as many times as they want to write it. I would go ahead and put it to bed now so that it becomes old news. After addressing it once I would never address it again. I agree with EAVdog's statement above.

It would be something along the lines of: "The incident was prior to him being in our program and he has learned a lesson from the unfortunate incident. We look forward to him having a fruitful career at Mississippi State both in the classroom and on the field. I have no further comment."

dawggoneit
06-02-2016, 03:03 PM
Record is not bad enough for Freesus to take him?

DownwardDawg
06-02-2016, 03:04 PM
I'd NEVER comment on the Simmons topic. EVER. I'd put him on the list of summer enrollees, instruct everyone to never comment on it, and simply move on. Any member of the press asking about it (now or next season), I'd no comment and then refer to previous statements (of "no comment"). I wouldn't give those G**D*** Rebs the satisfaction of ever addressing while they continue to recruit felon after felon. Let them choke on that 2nd letter. I'd quietly blackball any of the guys that insist on pushing this angle when they don't even report on OM's corruption and pending NCAA sanctions.

I'm not Mullen of course, but I hope he takes a hard line here. Don't give them one shred of satisfaction.

I agree. Not a peep. And Freeze would not only let him on the team, he would provide housing, cars, and light bill money.

Todd4State
06-02-2016, 03:05 PM
Either way it goes the OM-led media is going to write the story that they want to write as many times as they want to write it. I would go ahead and put it to bed now so that it becomes old news. After addressing it once I would never address it again. I agree with EAVdog's statement above.

It would be something along the lines of: "The incident was prior to him being in our program and he has learned a lesson from the unfortunate incident. We look forward to him having a fruitful career at Mississippi State both in the classroom and on the field. I have no further comment."

The only thing I would add to your release is it would make some mention of his four star ranking.

dawggoneit
06-02-2016, 03:08 PM
That is exactly the way to handle it.

Jack Lambert
06-02-2016, 03:23 PM

That from a retarded Grove rat on SDS a couple of days ago. All the allegations against Freeze that are turning out to be spot on true and these bastards still think Beaver The Cheater wouldn't take Simmons. Hell, he has a guy on the team that sexually assaulted a teammate in the butt!

But, I agree with you, especially after our lapdog sports media let om skate for a year knowing full well the NCAA was looking up their ass with a spotlight.

Mean while he is going to let some kid who raped a team mate on theirs.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-02-2016, 03:31 PM
I agree...less is more in this case.

Commercecomet24
06-02-2016, 03:34 PM

Exactly the way to handle it! I liked Todds idea of adding that he was a 5 star somewhere in there too!

SDDawg
06-02-2016, 03:40 PM
Like I said, I ain't Mullen.

Bass Chaser
06-02-2016, 04:01 PM
I agree. If asked I would just direct them to the release.

Reason2succeed
06-02-2016, 05:00 PM
The less we say the better. There is nothing that you can say that will stop the PR hit so say nothing.

the59dawg
06-02-2016, 05:11 PM

The AD has issued an adequate statement for everyone to get behind. No point in saying anything else.

Leroy Jenkins
06-02-2016, 05:59 PM

What you do is go over there and start a Simmons thread with the "anal intruder" story linked instead. They get so excited to read a negative MSU story and then they click the link to the butthole fingerer.

RougeDawg
06-02-2016, 06:20 PM
In the words of Messiah Bucky himself, mistakes have been made.

JoseBrown
06-02-2016, 06:57 PM
What you do is go over there and start a Simmons thread with the "anal intruder" story linked instead. They get so excited to read a negative MSU story and then they click the link to the butthole fingerer.

I haven't even heard of this before today, but somehow I believe it coming from UNM...

JoseBrown
06-02-2016, 06:59 PM
I agree. Not a peep. And Freeze would not only let him on the team, he would provide housing, cars, and light bill money.

Oh, but not a "sugar daddy", *wink* *wink*, it would only be a mistake anyway... And don't forget free cell phone too!

RocketDawg
06-02-2016, 07:05 PM

Yep, I agree.

Coackjek
06-02-2016, 07:44 PM
Mean while he is going to let some kid who raped a team mate on theirs.

That's their response to anything that puts them in the spotlight on them. They have their cheerleader at the time to start out the deflection and they repeat. Kinda reminds me of a story in the Bible where Stephen was calling out the Pharisees so they covered their ears and bum rushed him dragging him out and killed him. (Acts 7:54-60 my paraphrase) OM doesn't want to hear the wrongs broadcast so they cover their ears and, like two year olds, holler and scream them down and do away with them. They only stop short of calling a hit on them.

Red Sox Dawg
06-02-2016, 07:56 PM

No loaner car?