PDA

View Full Version : To be clear, the NCAA was already investigating OM post-NOA pre-NFL draft?

MedDawg
06-02-2016, 01:01 PM

Jack Lambert
06-02-2016, 01:10 PM
Hell I heard the spin today that the NCAA already knew about the new tunsil deal but did not see anything so moved on and after the draft night they decided to look at it again. The BS is starting to get really deep with some of the local media.

DawgHouseUnited
06-02-2016, 01:26 PM
Best I can think of is Rosebowl saying that more is coming- I don't remember if he's given any real details about what it is, other than Tunsil. I want to say I remember him sounding skeptical about the burner phones- said something like why not just get one for the coach instead of the kids.

Bubb Rubb
06-02-2016, 01:37 PM
Isn't it true that the NCAA was already investigating OM for infractions that occurred after the time-frame in the NOA (or after the NOA was sent to OM) and before Tunsil's NFL draft texts?

Do we have any links to that?

Many in the media are talking like the NCAA is only currently investigating the Tunsil texts and nothing else.

Anyone have a list of things the NCAA is investigating post-NOA? 2016 recruiting class $, burner phones from OM recruits who signed with other schools? S. Carter? Bo Scarbrough?

Rosebowl was reporting that there were still many active interviews going on related to the last 3 recruiting classes before the draft. I think the draft night debacle gives the Rebs a convenient narrative to frame ongoing investigations as strictly related to Tunsil's revelations, but this is the same bunch that said the investigation was over, it was mostly Nutt, WBB and track, and that no allegations were tied to current staff. I think we all know better at this point.

Coach34
06-02-2016, 01:45 PM
Rosebowl was reporting that there were still many active interviews going on related to the last 3 recruiting classes before the draft. I think the draft night debacle gives the Rebs a convenient narrative to frame ongoing investigations as strictly related to Tunsil's revelations, but this is the same bunch that said the investigation was over, it was mostly Nutt, WBB and track, and that no allegations were tied to current staff. I think we all know better at this point.

nail on the head. The NCAA was already still going- Draft Night just have them something else to check into. Of course OM is trying to spin it as that's all there is- they have lied every step of the way- why stop now?

ScreenCaptureThis
06-02-2016, 02:08 PM
nail on the head. The NCAA was already still going- Draft Night just have them something else to check into. Of course OM is trying to spin it as that's all there is- they have lied every step of the way- why stop now?

And on top of all of this, it gives OM plausible deniability about the 2nd NOA, which paves the way for more extensions. They'll play this game for as long as they can until the COI starts dropping the hammer.

Jack Lambert
06-02-2016, 02:09 PM

You would think that since it hasn't worked so far why continue. Might be better for them to just shut up.

Coach34
06-02-2016, 02:13 PM
You would think that since it hasn't worked so far why continue. Might be better for them to just shut up.

got to hang on and steer the perception until after Signing Day

Coackjek
06-02-2016, 02:16 PM
Hell I heard the spin today that the NCAA already knew about the new tunsil deal but did not see anything so moved on and after the draft night they decided to look at it again. The BS is starting to get really deep with some of the local media.

I don't see how they can say the crap they with a straight face. Just when you think they can't get anymore arrogant they prove me wrong.

Mjoelner34
06-02-2016, 02:18 PM

To paraphrase him from his Monday bone yard: "If you think the Tunsil draft night stuff is the only thing that is going to come out later, you are going to be very disappointed."

Coackjek
06-02-2016, 02:23 PM
And on top of all of this, it gives OM plausible deniability about the 2nd NOA, which paves the way for more extensions. They'll play this game for as long as they can until the COI starts dropping the hammer.

I beginning to think the same. Just as the 2nd NOA is about to hit they will release more info come to hoping to amend the amendments taking this "fact finding" even further. The NCAA might as well move from Indy to Oxford before it's over they will have spend a decade or two there.

ScoobaDawg
06-02-2016, 02:27 PM

Thats what the idiot from the daily journal wrote this morning... spin baby spin... so full of shit.

TrapGame
06-02-2016, 02:35 PM
It was in one of the plethora of articles after the response was released that the NCAA closed the investigation into pre-Freeze era violations at the time current violations under Freeze were uncovered. The NCAA opened a second investigation that was ongoing at the time of Tunsil's Draft Night Confessional. All the interviews with 2016 recruits and allegations post 2013 will be addressed possibly with an addendum to the first NOA later. At which time Freeze will be on the back of milk cartons nowhere to be found. I'm sure the cover story will be that he is on a five year mission trip to the deepest interior of the Amazon rainforest.