PDA

View Full Version : Since It Hasn't Been Stated/Asked Directly

ScreenCaptureThis
06-02-2016, 08:30 AM
Why is it shocking to anyone that Freeze and Bjork are fighting this to the very end?

ULL played nicely with the NCAA and got hammered. They did everything asked of them and still had a show cause, loss of schollys, etc thrown at them, and that was for ONE level 1.

Freeze et. al, knew what was coming their way, and I'm fairly certain they know this was just the beginning. It does them no good to play nice and admit guilt, because their careers are pretty much ruined anyways. All they can do now is go on the offensive and try to be one step ahead of the game.

I would say put yourself in their shoes, but that's offensive. I wouldn't go anywhere near the hypocritical and lying bunch. However, it should come as no surprise the way that place as a whole is attacking this situation. Even Vitter stands nothing to gain by admitting guilt for the program, because it portrays him in almost as bad of a light as the others, and the guy just came on board.

At this point I say let them keep playing this game. They'll continue to lie, the facts will continue to pour out as more media members are lied to and realize they've been duped, and the end result will be a decade or longer of complete OM failure. Meanwhile the recruiting pool will grow for a solid decade for our beloved Maroon and White.

Bubb Rubb
06-02-2016, 08:40 AM
They are fighting because it's part of the culture there. They are above the law, they can do what they want, and if they get busted it's somebody else's fault. It's not that they were wrong, it's that MSU is a bunch of snitches. It's not that they are spinning, it's that everyone else is spinning. It's a witch hunt in their eyes while everyone else is doing the same things they are. They will circle the wagons and dig in until the very end because that's who they are. When it's over, they will throw Freeze and Bjork under the bus, and they will clean house and start over. This same cycle will happen every 10-15 years with them regardless of who's in charge though, because it's a culture problem.

Reason2succeed
06-02-2016, 08:42 AM
OM is so reluctant to fire anyone that it will force the NCAA to drop a post season bowl ban. That's the only thing that will get their attention. If OM wants to hunker down and fight that's fine. It's gonna get ugly though. The people on the COI aren't rookies and aren't fools.

It's almost like medieval siege tactics. Since King Hugh and Prince Bjork have themselves hold up in the castle the NCAAis going to burn the bridges and settle moat on fire. They'll starve them out by not letting anyone out or in. That means show causes and bowl bans.

thf24
06-02-2016, 08:52 AM
OM is so reluctant to fire anyone that it will force the NCAA to drop a post season bowl ban. That's the only thing that will get their attention. If OM wants to hunker down and fight that's fine. It's gonna get ugly though. The people on the COI aren't rookies and aren't fools.

The reason they haven't fired anyone is that under the new rules that would nail Freeze. If they fire anyone, they're going to have to fire everyone, so for now they're not going to do anything until they're forced to.

TrapGame
06-02-2016, 08:57 AM
They are fighting because it's part of the culture there. They are above the law, they can do what they want, and if they get busted it's somebody else's fault. It's not that they were wrong, it's that MSU is a bunch of snitches. It's not that they are spinning, it's that everyone else is spinning. It's a witch hunt in their eyes while everyone else is doing the same things they are. They will circle the wagons and dig in until the very end because that's who they are. When it's over, they will throw Freeze and Bjork under the bus, and they will clean house and start over. This same cycle will happen every 10-15 years with them regardless of who's in charge though, because it's a culture problem.

And the entire template at om will change. Instead of the awe shucks preacher coach they'll go get a tough talking, Bourbon drinking coach who's known to make some colorful comments that aren't so Christian. They try and portray oxford as a cross between the Vatican and the Vegas Strip. Might as well go all Vegas after Freeze.

Johnson85
06-02-2016, 09:24 AM
Why is it shocking to anyone that Freeze and Bjork are fighting this to the very end?

ULL played nicely with the NCAA and got hammered. They did everything asked of them and still had a show cause, loss of schollys, etc thrown at them, and that was for ONE level 1.

Freeze et. al, knew what was coming their way, and I'm fairly certain they know this was just the beginning. It does them no good to play nice and admit guilt, because their careers are pretty much ruined anyways. All they can do now is go on the offensive and try to be one step ahead of the game.

I would say put yourself in their shoes, but that's offensive. I wouldn't go anywhere near the hypocritical and lying bunch. However, it should come as no surprise the way that place as a whole is attacking this situation. Even Vitter stands nothing to gain by admitting guilt for the program, because it portrays him in almost as bad of a light as the others, and the guy just came on board.

At this point I say let them keep playing this game. They'll continue to lie, the facts will continue to pour out as more media members are lied to and realize they've been duped, and the end result will be a decade or longer of complete OM failure. Meanwhile the recruiting pool will grow for a solid decade for our beloved Maroon and White.

I don't think it's shocking that Bjork and Freeze are fighting, I think it's shocking that they haven't offered up any sacrificial lambs in order to save Freeze. I think a lot of people don't expect Bjork to make it, as major violations across multiple sports just seems like something it'd be hard for an AD to survive, but I don't know how they sacrifice the AD and claim that it's not LOIC, so I think they have to stick by him until the NCAA tells them otherwise.

AlmostPositive
06-02-2016, 10:20 AM
OM has some classic problems that naturally come from running a corrupt enterprise.

1. You are caught dead to rights if you stop lying.

2. Choosing someone to take the fall is either risky or expensive.
If Bjork fires Barney Farrar for doing what Bjork knew he was doing
or even directed him to do, Farrar can bring both Freeze and Bjork
down with one phone call. The more likely scenario is a high 6-figure
payoff to walk away in silence.

3 If you admit guilt, you've left no prospective employer any wiggle room to
to ever hire you at any level. Millsaps wouldn't hire Freeze if he told the
truth tomorrow. The same would be true for Chastain Jr High.

4 If Freeze and Bjork can somehow keep the support of 51%
of the faithful, they may be able to milk a couple more multi-million
dollar years out of their careers. That may be the main goal here.

ScreenCaptureThis
06-02-2016, 10:22 AM
OM has some classic problems that naturally come from running a corrupt enterprise.

1. You are caught dead to rights if you stop lying.

2. Choosing someone to take the fall is either risky or expensive.
If Bjork fires Barney Farrar for doing what Bjork knew he was doing
or even directed him to do, Farrar can bring both Freeze and Bjork
down with one phone call. The more likely scenario is a high 6-figure
payoff to walk away in silence.

3 If you admit guilt, you've left no prospective employer any wiggle to
to ever hire you at any level. Millsaps wouldn't hire Freeze if he told the
truth tomorrow. The same wold be true for Chastain Jr High.

This is well stated, and articulated better than I could have attempted.

SDDawg
06-02-2016, 10:23 AM
Shouldn't matter what happened to ULL. If you "do things the right way", you respond to the allegations with factual information in a timely manner and in a transparent way. Then you go before the COI and you make your case and close the issues. If you truly did nothing wrong, nothing to worry about. If you lied and cheated, face the music. The obvious answer: they lied and cheated and want to prolong the process. Both should fired today - Vitter is a tool and won't do it though. Shameful.

SDDawg
06-02-2016, 10:26 AM

This is pretty much on the money. And they're succeeding WILDLY on this front as of this week, which I'm shocked by. Lesson for me: don't ever be shocked by what Ole Miss people will do. EVER.

Commercecomet24
06-02-2016, 10:29 AM
This is what guilty people that know they're busted do. The deny,evade and stall. It's a classic case. They've built themselves one heck of a pyramid scheme and eventually the weight of it causes the whole mess to collapse and destroy everything beneath it. IT is coming!

spbdawg
06-02-2016, 10:34 AM
#

DawgHouseUnited
06-02-2016, 10:37 AM

After talking to some OM folks, I honestly think their dedicated fans actually believe they didn't do anything seriously wrong. I haven't actually found one that looks at that NOA and gets angry at the ones in it. They all go after a journalist or point fingers at something else- "but... but.. Look over there!" It's absolutely crazy. I'd like to think that if State got hit like this, I'd be majorly peeved at the ones that did it, not everyone else.

maroonmania
06-02-2016, 10:58 AM

I'm not sure that the approach they have up there is going to hurt them much either way. I've pretty much decided that the NCAA is going to do what they want to do regardless. We rolled over on ourselves, fired a coach, blah, blah, blah on the Will Redmond case and offered up him losing a year of eligibility. Didn't matter, the NCAA came in behind us and tacked on another 7 games just because they felt like it. Didn't matter that we cooperated and gave the NCAA most of the damning evidence. While you don't want to get caught lying its become obvious that being overly cooperative is not really going to help you much in the long run.

ScreenCaptureThis
06-02-2016, 11:07 AM
While you don't want to get caught lying its become obvious that being overly cooperative is not really going to help you much in the long run.

That's the basis for the post. We all know by now that self-penalizing doesn't weigh in to what the NCAA is going to do, and complying with the investigation does little more than confirm what the NCAA is already planning to do. It is only logical that OM continues to deny, spin, lie, cheat, and bribe others. Heck, the NCAA uncovered a decade of this happening, why stop now?

AlmostPositive
06-02-2016, 11:17 AM
It is only logical that OM continues to deny, spin, lie, cheat, and bribe others. Heck, the NCAA uncovered a decade of this happening, why stop now?

It isn't as much logic as desperation, but your point is valid. From Freeze and Bjork's point of view, what you are saying is sound. It will cause serious problems for the larger institution for years though. Ole Miss will be identified as the school that defiantly cheats...it will be seen as a rogue institution and will suffer a huge PR hit for years that will go beyond football and other sports.

maroonmania
06-02-2016, 11:20 AM
It isn't as much logic as desperation, but your point is valid. From Freeze and Bjork's point of view, what you are saying is sound. It will cause serious problems for the larger institution for years though. Ole Miss will be identified as the school that defiantly makes mistakes...it will be seen as a rogue institution and will suffer a huge PR hit for years that will go beyond football and other sports.

FIFY