PDA

View Full Version : Parrish Alford and the DJ are still all in

Liverpooldawg
06-02-2016, 08:12 AM
http://djournal.com/sports/parrish-alford-ole-miss-believes-right-thing/

DogStuckAtUM
06-02-2016, 08:18 AM
Soon we?ll know if the school?s trust in the NCAA to run a proper investigation and trust that its employees did not approach the recruiting trail as evil villains will safeguard the SEC football rise for which its fans have hungered.

Preparing the flock for who to blame when the hammer drops...

HaggardDawg
06-02-2016, 08:18 AM
Listening to him on OOB is nauseating. The guy is obviously a fanboy. I feel like Bo gave him some rope on a few questions to let him hang himself. Bo asked him if the NoA was worse than he thought it would be. Of course Parrish said it wasnt worse than he expected and their were no surprises in the notice. Said he believes the Tunsil stuff was resolved when he sat 7 games last season. He said the assistant coach Harris was a stand up man of faith and he doesn't believe Harris knew Walter Hughes was a booster/Ole Miss fan when he attended the in home visits with recruits. He seriously said that.

ShotgunDawg
06-02-2016, 08:21 AM
Paranoia has set in boys.

They'll talk themselves in circles but the NCAA could give two shits. Remember, Ole Miss is arguing about what's in the NOA, but the NCAA know what's not in the NOA that Ole Miss did.

TrapGame
06-02-2016, 08:23 AM
Listening to him on OOB is nauseating. The guy is obviously a fanboy. I feel like Bo gave him some rope on a few questions to let him hang himself. Bo asked him if the NoA was worse than he thought it would be. Of course Parrish said it wasnt worse than he expected and their were no surprises in the notice. Said he believes the Tunsil stuff was resolved when he sat 7 games last season. He said the assistant coach Harris was a stand up man of faith and he doesn't believe Harris knew Walter Hughes was a booster/Ole Miss fan when he attended the in home visits with recruits. He seriously said that.

Now he's going all Simple Jack cause anybody that would believe that is full retard.

SDDawg
06-02-2016, 08:30 AM
Paranoia has set in boys.

They'll talk themselves in circles but the NCAA could give two shits. Remember, Ole Miss is arguing about what's in the NOA, but the NCAA know what's not in the NOA that Ole Miss did.

Post of the day: NOA is almost like window dressing at this point. Ole Miss is corrupt, there's 3X the allegations that didn't end up in the final report, and the NCAA knows it all at this point. There is more coming on cash, cars, academic fraud and other issues. Ole Miss will survive (the University), football is going to be hobbled for a bit.

http://www.i-mockery.com/halloween/greatest/pics/misery5.gif

Jarius
06-02-2016, 08:31 AM
He is a damn retard. Some of these fanboys need to look around and see what every other journalist in the country is saying and wake up. I couldn't imagine being so wrong for something so important so many times and keeping my job. It's amazing that Ole Miss fans continue to lap up what people who have lied to them for 3 years keeps telling them

fccee1
06-02-2016, 08:32 AM
I can just see Parrish, Freeze and Bjork sitting around a hookah smoking and coming up with all this shxx they say.

Mjoelner34
06-02-2016, 08:54 AM
"Sources have told the Daily Journal that Tunsil’s draft night comments that he accepted money from Ole Miss coaches was information previously obtained by the NCAA." LOL That's rich!

Hey Parrish, are these the same 'sources' that said: 1. There isn't an investigation. 2. The investigation is over. 3. Most of the allegations are against track and women's basketball. 4. Many of the football allegations are against prior administrations. I'm betting its the same source that fed you all of those lies isn't it. And here you are again. Toeing the party line. Are you afraid you'll end up like Riley Blevins if you don't go all-in with them?

On the 'mistakes' of Freezus, how is it nothing but a blatant disregard for rules when he is personally named 3 times in the allegations? In his mind, the only 'mistake' is him and his staff getting caught.

MadDawg
06-02-2016, 08:56 AM
I couldn't imagine being so wrong for something so important so many times and keeping my job.

But that's just it - he IS doing his job. Just the way his bosses at the Daily Mississ... um, I mean Daily Journal want him to.

Pinto
06-02-2016, 08:58 AM
I liked when he said someone didn't fit the stereotype of a booster on Bo bounds. So Ole miss thinks they can come up with new definitions of NCAA terms that have been in place for 20 years and that will make it all ok? They truly are the rich little daddy's kid that got in trouble and tries to split every hair to get out. Man up for once in your miserable life UM.

dawggoneit
06-02-2016, 09:20 AM
"Sources have told the Daily Journal that Tunsil’s draft night comments that he accepted money from Ole Miss coaches was information previously obtained by the NCAA." LOL That's rich!.

I thought the bears asked for a delay in having their ass handed to them until the NCAA had time to investigate the draft night revelations.

Coach34
06-02-2016, 09:20 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/jdog5513/status/738358897342316544

This tweet lists the NCAA guidelines for a Booster. Completely destroys the article

TrapGame
06-02-2016, 09:33 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/jdog5513/status/738358897342316544

This tweet lists the NCAA guidelines for a Booster. Completely destroys the article

C'mon Coach don't let the truth get in front of a good lie.

Johnson85
06-02-2016, 09:38 AM
"Sources have told the Daily Journal that Tunsil’s draft night comments that he accepted money from Ole Miss coaches was information previously obtained by the NCAA." LOL That's rich!

No, that seems perfectly sensible. The NCAA already had the information but didn't include it in the NOA because they didn't want to pile on. I don't understand why you are too simple to understand basic logic.**

Bodaski
06-02-2016, 09:41 AM
I've been sitting on this for a long time. I coached with a coach in 87-88-89 that had been at OM under Brewer. He told me that you deny, deny deny and never change your story. He said they can't prove you remember or know anything.

fishwater99
06-02-2016, 09:44 AM
Really... Wow.. From the CL below..

"Ole Miss requested that its hearing be removed from the docket after screenshots of text messages between Tunsil, a former All-SEC left tackle, and John Miller, Ole Miss' assistant athletic director of football operations, were posted on Tunsil?s Instagram account.
Tunsil asked Miller for money to pay rent and his mother?s electric and water bills in those messages and told reporters on April 28 at the NFL draft that he accepted money from coaches. He has declined multiple opportunities since then to clarify his comments.
Ole Miss announced last month that it would ?aggressively investigate? the matter but hasn?t revealed anything publicly. ESPN reported Ole Miss believes the text messages are real."

Yeah the NCAA already knew..

PassInterference
06-02-2016, 09:57 AM
Here, Ross Bjork says those draft night texts were new information that needed to be investigated. This comes in his letter to the Ole Miss family which he meticulously planned to release on Memorial Holiday weekend. These are not off-the-cuff comments.

http://athleticsworking.wp2.olemiss.edu/

On the first day of the 2016 NFL Draft, new information came to light involving a former football student-athlete. That very night, the University and NCAA began a joint review to determine whether bylaws have been violated, and we hope this review will be concluded soon. To ensure fairness to all parties and pursuant to COI procedure, we have asked the COI to remove the hearing from this summer?s docket until this review can be completed and closed.

Today 5 days after Bjork put out his carefully worded statement, Parrish Alford says that was old information that the NCAA already had and that Ole Miss was taking a second look at it:

Sources have told the Daily Journal that Tunsil?s draft night comments that he accepted money from Ole Miss coaches was information previously obtained by the NCAA. In light of the public nature of the release of that information the NCAA has decided to take a second look into those events.

Bjork spent weeks crafting that letter. He didn't simply mis-speak on something this important. One of them is lying. Its been a bad year for "sources".

LIES, LIES, LIES!!!!

Mjoelner34
06-02-2016, 10:09 AM
Here, Ross Bjork says those draft night texts were new information that needed to be investigated. This comes in his letter to the Ole Miss family which he meticulously planned to release on Memorial Holiday weekend. These are not off-the-cuff comments.

http://athleticsworking.wp2.olemiss.edu/

Today 5 days after Bjork put out his carefully worded statement, Parrish Alford says that was old information that the NCAA already had and that Ole Miss was taking a second look at it:

Bjork spent weeks crafting that letter. He didn't simply mis-speak on something this important. One of them is lying. Its been a bad year for "sources".

LIES, LIES, LIES!!!!

Helluva post!

shannondawg
06-02-2016, 10:19 AM
I saw the headline in the DJ, didn't bother to open it. I cancelled my subscription a couple weeks back and it will end when the months subscription is over.

fishwater99
06-02-2016, 11:38 AM
How can the DJ publish this BS.

Liverpooldawg
06-02-2016, 11:48 AM
I saw the headline in the DJ, didn't bother to open it. I cancelled my subscription a couple weeks back and it will end when the months subscription is over.

I'm nearly to that point myself. Their coverage in the last year has been really slanted toward UM, even by their already low standards.

Spiderman
06-02-2016, 12:58 PM
If any one honestly thinks there was no intent with Harris using that booster, you live in LA LA Land.

If you believe Kiffin made an "honest mistake", with no intent to gain an advantage by telling OM compliance that a guy, who was no blood kin or even a legal step father AT ANY TIME, was Tunsil's "real Dad", you are in La-La Land.

He said that because if he didn't, they couldn't have picked up his tab. Had they not picked up "real dad's" tab, he wouldn't have come. If "real dad' hadn't come on visit, Tunsil doesn't come on the visit. Kiffin knew this. He knew everything about Tunsil. He damn well knew what he was doing. He knew it was illeagal to pick up the guy's tab, and he lied to compliance.

He gained an advantage, that's cheating Hugh.