PDA

View Full Version : Paging John from Gulfport

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-01-2016, 10:20 PM
John; would you mind informing Finebaum of the following and ask him a question for me also?

I watched today Finebaum interview Tony Barnhart, who is obviously well respected and knowledgeable about SEC football. They were throwing things back and forth regarding OM and Freeze, and Tony said he spent an hour with Freeze on Monday night talking "about things". And one thing Tony said was that Freeze was "adamant" about was that none of his assistants were involved in any wrongdoing. And he went on to mention that Freeze basically pointed the finger at boosters.

Will you please inform Finebaum the next time you talk to him that one of the allegations (Allegation #8), is about one of his boosters, (Walter Hughes), and how Hughes was present at a prospect visit along with Freeze and Maurice Harris. And that this same booster attended a breakfast at Freeze's house with prospects present, along with the four he brought himself. And that this same booster is alleged to have provided travel to and from Oxford on numerous occasions, meeting with Harris, Freeze and others, along with transportation, tickets, hotel accommodations and food to an OM bowl game for prospective athletes while notifying Harris that he was doing this. And this same booster was alleged to have paid cell phone bills for prospects along with their mothers. He didn't stop there....he also purchased these prospects clothing bearing the institutions name and logo, along with trips to baseball games and even assistance paying for ACT prep courses. This same booster was named along with the aforementioned assistant to have communicated on numerous occasions to inform each other of these activities that took place.

Tell him if he'd like to verify any of this, he can look at the NOA starting on page 8 with violation #8 and running through page 12. Here's something else that tickles me.....OM says there are only 13 violations against football, but this one violation that i mention above...violation #8....it goes from A through P listing the individual violations that this one booster, along with Maurice Harris and Hugh Freeze, committed. A through P....let me count that for you and save some time....that's 16 illegal inducements under that 1 violation.

And the question that I would like for you to ask him....

Ask him if he knows when the word lie got replaced by the word spin.

It chaps my ass to hear the term spin. No, it's not spin, it's a lie. Bjork, Freeze and the OM PR machine did not spin anything. They lied. Plain and simple.

shannondawg
06-02-2016, 06:47 AM
Not John, but he did ask the question "how did Freeze not know it was a violation to have a booster present during a house visit with a prospect"

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-02-2016, 07:09 AM
Not John, but he did ask the question "how did Freeze not know it was a violation to have a booster present during a house visit with a prospect"

What was the response?

basedog
06-02-2016, 07:31 AM
What was the response?

Finebaum didn't except the expression on his face was like "damn I know".

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-02-2016, 11:50 AM
He did not ask this. Nobody has asked this. That's why I wanted John to inform Finebaum of this. I don't think a lot of these talking heads have really dug into the NOA to educate themselves of what is really in there. This one allegation being one of the main ones. Nobody has talked about Freeze having a booster present at an inhome visit with a prospect. This is a direct violation of the NCAA. Freeze has been a recruiting coordinator and has now been a head coach for several years. There is no way in hell he can plead ignorance to not knowing he can't do this.

Plus, like I said, this one allegation, allegation #8, has 16 separate violations within this one violation. Several of these include Freeze's involvement with this same booster and one of his assistants. He CAN NOT say this was a MISTAKE!!

WHEN DID THE WORD LIE BECOME THE WORD SPIN? Nobody uses the term "lie" in any conversation. It is now termed "spin". AND WE ACCEPT THAT!!! BULLSHIT!!! There is no such thing as "spin". It is a "LIE"! Bjork and Freeze haven't been "spinning". They have been "LYING"!

jumbo
06-02-2016, 12:33 PM
This is just the OM game plan to try and save Freeze. They have to prove without a doubt that Freeze had no idea what was going to to get out from the "on your watch" rule.

DancingRabbit
06-02-2016, 12:34 PM
All this crap about "not knowingly breaking rules" is such a farce.

Every coach involved in off campus recruiting must pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Recruiting Test every year.

Of course the primary reasoning is to educate the coaches. But another key aspect is accountability; ignorance of the rules is not an acceptable excuse.