PDA

View Full Version : The UNMexican Standoff

KB549
06-01-2016, 10:08 PM
I believe this is the reason no one at UNM has been fired.

First, they are all probably delusional enough to think the NCAA will not severely punish a SEC school, or they are hoping that it won't be "show cause" worthy.

But deep down they must know that most of them will likely never coach or be employed at an NCAA school anytime in the next 10 years. So you have to put yourself in their shoes.

Bucky, who just signed a new contract worth $4.3 million this year right before the NOA dropped, is making $80,000 a week. 12 years ago, this dipstick probably wasn't making $80,000 a year. If he can ride this out until the hammer drops, he will have pocketed around $3-4 million since it started, depending on when they sanction them. It's like an extra lifetime of money for him.

Bdork and the rest of them don't make the same big bucks as Rev Bucky, but they are still making more than they will on the unemployment line.

Any president at a school with any morals would have already cleaned house. I believe they are all in a Mexican standoff with each other. This is why no one has been fired. So, they've all decided to ride it out as long as they can and milk the university for as much money as possible. This is what should piss off their fan base. Look at what Sabin did to his longtime assistant for presumably lying to him about a level III violation (if I remember correctly). He told him to hit the bricks.

These guys know good and well what's coming and instead of cleaning house and showing the NCAA that a leadership changes in place, they are instead spitting in the NCAA's face. I hope they all have to clean out their offices during the middle of the season and the team looks as organized as a pee wee team when they bring in their next Girls Basketball Coach to try to finish the season.

I think Hugh was likely safe when the NOA came out. And maybe even safe after the initial Tunsil draft stuff (a BIG maybe). Hugh sealed his fate when he asked for the deposition to be sealed because of the NCAA investigation. He was probably screwed either way. If it is public and they ask him the right questions, he is toast. If it is sealed, he is not cooperating and hiding things - TOAST.

Todd4State
06-01-2016, 10:17 PM
It's because of what Spiderman I believe said the other day. They need a coach that is going to go along with their boosters and the list of people like that is pretty small. Most coaches wouldn't be willing to put their reputation on the line for Ole Miss recruiting- see David Cutcliffe.

Schultzy
06-01-2016, 10:19 PM
I was wondering how Barney and John Miller from the texts were still around but these guys work so closely with the HC that firing them is an admission of guilt for Freeze.

I think Freeze and Bjork have decided the only hope to save their own jobs at his point is to fight it to the bitter end.

KB549
06-01-2016, 10:23 PM
Absolutely. They need a guy who isn't really a SEC caliber football coach who will be a yes man. He will have to suffer through a near death penalty and sign a few top 5 paid for classes. Use those recruits to win big. Sign himself a few big pay raises. Make enough money to retire on in just a few years. Find himself under NCAA investigation. Deny it and wait to get fired. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

I know the perfect guy for the job. But he is currently employeed at a university in northern Mississippi.

redstickdawg
06-01-2016, 10:25 PM
The question is who is running the asylum? Is Vitter in charge or is there someone else pulling the strings? At first I thought that Vitter would have started things in motion to clean house, now highly doubtful that he has the cajones. They are digging a much deeper hole down to the netherworld where things are even hotter for ole righteous bucky and bdork. Going to be very interesting, stayed tuned.

KB549
06-01-2016, 10:25 PM
They know saving their jobs at this point is like buying a superfecta with all the long shots. They're just cashing paychecks.

Harrydawg
06-01-2016, 10:26 PM
These Boy Scouts are all in.....all for one and one for all. It was part of the deal when they signed on.

I picture something like the last super where CHF let them drink from the cup and break bread with him....they made a pact all in the name of saving the souls of these poor disadvantaged kids - who just happen to be athletes.

That plus the fact that everybody knows where the bodies are.....first one to get canned, turns states evidence and becomes the power broker. The knowledge and details of the wrong doing runs all the way from recruiting coordinator to the top of the program (AD).

So, whose gonna get fired? They are waiting on someone to yell draw (you are fired), Then it's on.......

Reason2succeed
06-01-2016, 10:27 PM
Yeah, Bjork and Freeze are selling OM down the river. They ought to be groveling to the NCAA for mercy but instead they are defiantly fighting a losing battle. In the end (which won't be long from now) the Bears are going to left with the smoking pile of rubble that used to be their program. Meanwhile, Bucky will retire somewhere near Haiti to do missions work with Jill on the beach. And yeah, in the meantime he gets to pad his nest egg.

KB549
06-01-2016, 10:29 PM
I would guess Vitter is a pawn. Dickie, Archie, Tuohys, etc are running the circus.

Schultzy
06-01-2016, 10:42 PM
I would guess Vitter is a pawn. Dickie, Archie, Tuohys, etc are running the circus.

This is how I see it too and why they are in such big trouble as well. None of those guys will be held accountable.

Rejlector84sports
06-01-2016, 10:43 PM
If I was in charge at the UNM law school right now I would probably be sending all the undergraduates to the library to come up with more legal excuses. Training, you know, to produce a new generation of cover-ups, misdirection, and out-and-out lying... perfect training...

Spiderman
06-02-2016, 04:42 AM
It's because of what Spiderman I believe said the other day. They need a coach that is going to go along with their boosters and the list of people like that is pretty small. Most coaches wouldn't be willing to put their reputation on the line for Ole Miss recruiting- see David Cutcliffe.

Just for clarity, I didn't say that.

I said they are fighting to save him for the only reason anyone ever does, because he is winning.

TippyToe_Dawg
06-02-2016, 08:16 AM
I seem to remember reading that both freeze and bdork have stipulations in their contracts in regard to NCAA violations. The stipulations guarantee their payouts even if ole miss is forced to fire either of them due to the program being charged with violations. I assume this meant as long as they were not directly linked to the violations and can claim plausible deniability.

I know this sounds too crazy to be true and that's why I "seem to remember reading" it. Can anyone confirm this one way or another.

thf24
06-02-2016, 10:00 AM
I said they are fighting to save him for the only reason anyone ever does, because he is winning.

If that's true and they think he's going to keep winning without the ability to recruit as he has up to this point, then I hope they do get to keep him.

TrapGame
06-02-2016, 10:17 AM

I'm sure Vitter wanted to fire everyone after the Tunsil draft night fiasco but was told by Archie that was above his pay grade. I look for Vitter to exit the Plantation soon. He may wind up being the president of some little bitty directional school out west but it gets him the hell outta oxford.