PDA

View Full Version : Chris Low says Ole Miss is on the Threshold of a Post Season Ban

ShotgunDawg
06-01-2016, 08:32 PM
Ruh Roh, this must pillow talk in Destin for an Ole Miss mouth piece to insinuate this. It's like some media members are slowly figuring out how bad this is.

http://i.imgur.com/NHc2lWT.jpg

On another note, Russ Mitchell stated one of the dumber things I've ever seen stated today

http://i.imgur.com/RBIeult.jpg

turkish
06-01-2016, 08:34 PM
I saw that by Mitchell. It was odd because he also said on a radio interview today that he thinks things are going to get very bad and that he's hearing chatter of more damning stuff coming out.

ETA: Folks in BR don't really seem at all interested in this UNM stuff, between M Moscona and my circle of acquaintances.

ShotgunDawg
06-01-2016, 08:45 PM
I saw that by Mitchell. It was odd because he also said on a radio interview today that he thinks things are going to get very bad and that he's hearing chatter of more damning stuff coming out.

ETA: Folks in BR don't really seem at all interested in this UNM stuff, between M Moscona and my circle of acquaintances.

Interesting.

BeardoMSU
06-01-2016, 08:52 PM
If Low has turned, it's either a troll attempt, or they are about to go down like Napoleon invading Russia...

turkish
06-01-2016, 09:08 PM
Went back and listened to the Mitchell interview again. He said he didn't think Freeze would make it thru this deal. But that IF he did, it'd be because UNM tolerates cheating a little more than others. Said it would get "really ugly" and that what's out there now is the tip of the iceberg.

Starts around the 11:15 mark
http://1045espn.com/russ-mitchell-on-afr-06-01-2016/

AlmostPositive
06-01-2016, 09:15 PM
No shit, Chris.. we could have told you that weeks ago.

I'm trying to get past my disgust with sportswriters who did their best to help Ole Miss deceive the public.

I guess the best I can do is hope they have enough self-respect to by now be indignant at how they were misled themselves.

Dolphus Raymond
06-01-2016, 09:21 PM
"Death by a thousand cuts."

Coach34
06-01-2016, 09:30 PM
Elitedawgs has been so far ahead of everybody on this its ridiculous

starkvegasdawg
06-01-2016, 09:35 PM

MSU mafia. Not to be 17ed with.

AlmostPositive
06-01-2016, 09:36 PM

You should sell @ClownESPN access to some actual info... he has been the main OM butt boy to this point.

TrapGame
06-01-2016, 09:57 PM
Y'all don't forget Steve said on BDR that there's another shoe to drop and it's coming real soon. He said it was damning and gonna really turn up the heat.

I can't wait! I hear broiled Beaver is pretty good w/ a Bjerk glaze.

K9 Avenger
06-01-2016, 09:58 PM
You should sell @ClownESPN access to some actual info... he has been the main OM butt boy to this point.

Don't sell Sallee short...His nose has been completely up the UM butt on this deal

ShotgunDawg
06-01-2016, 10:09 PM
Y'all don't forget Steve said on BDR that there's another shoe to drop and it's coming real soon. He said it was damning and gonna really turn up the heat.

I'm not sure Freezus & Bdork survive another shoe dropping. The media has already turned on them despite their best efforts, so another shoe dropping would just be another bombshell into an already made crater

ShotgunDawg
06-01-2016, 10:10 PM
Don't sell Sallee short...His nose has been completely up the UM butt on this deal

Absolutely,

IMO, Low appears to be someone that's been deceived by people he trusted & sat in with on signing day.

Sallee appears to be someone that's had their opinion bought & paid for.

bobtail bob
06-01-2016, 10:35 PM

Buck Freeze says Brentwood beaver tastes best.....

DancingRabbit
06-01-2016, 10:41 PM
I saw an interesting reply to Freeze on twitter today.

2 Timothy 2:5 - And if also a man contend in the games, he is not crowned, except he have contended lawfully.

AlmostPositive
06-01-2016, 10:43 PM

No argument from me on Sallee from me, but Low is the main ESPN SEC guy and he has been the go to guy for Bjork. Sallee is a damn worm.. he will be the last to lapse into actual journalism

AlmostPositive
06-01-2016, 10:43 PM

2 Timothy 2:5 - And if also a man contend in the games, he is not crowned, except he have contended lawfully.

ouch

dotcomdawg
06-01-2016, 10:58 PM

can't do King James, man.

New International Version
Similarly, anyone who competes as an athlete does not receive the victor's crown except by competing according to the rules.

RocketDawg
06-02-2016, 06:20 AM

I don't know how it is to the "man in the street" in Mississippi, but in Alabama when I mention it to my friends, they seem to have never heard about the investigation or aren't interested. There seems to be some national media attention being paid, but not to regular people and even FB fans it seems.

DownwardDawg
06-02-2016, 07:17 AM
can't do King James, man.

New International Version
Similarly, anyone who competes as an athlete does not receive the victor's crown except by competing according to the rules.

Thank you!

Dawgowar
06-02-2016, 07:18 AM
I don't know how it is to the "man in the street" in Mississippi, but in Alabama when I mention it to my friends, they seem to have never heard about the investigation or aren't interested. There seems to be some national media attention being paid, but not to regular people and even FB fans it seems.

Have the opposite reaction in Texas. May not be the lead sports topic but it is part of the daily conversation.

basedog
06-02-2016, 07:23 AM

Should have included Low to y'alls Hattiesburg meeting, then it wouldn't have taken so long to convince him.

BrunswickDawg
06-02-2016, 07:26 AM

That's because on the national level no one cares about Ole Miss. That's right. They have been irrelevant for 40+ years and unless you are from MS or are the child of a fan/alum you have no reason to follow them. The only time they make news is when they are caught blatantly cheating and get put on probation.... again.... or have some sort of racial incident on campus...... again. And I'm not saying this so place them at some inferior level below us - because we haven't been much more relevant in football from a national perspective. It's just a little reminder that Ole Miss thinks they are some national power and have some leg up that is a myth based on some football games from before helmets had facemasks and their 18 MPH speed limit on campus.

Liverpooldawg
06-02-2016, 08:20 AM
As long as they confined their cheating to Mississippi and only hurt us the NCAA didn't really care. When they went national that's when the NCAA started showing interest. It's amazing how some of this actually does parallel SMU.

Jack Lambert
06-02-2016, 08:27 AM
That's because on the national level no one cares about Ole Miss. That's right. They have been irrelevant for 40+ years and unless you are from MS or are the child of a fan/alum you have no reason to follow them. The only time they make news is when they are caught blatantly cheating and get put on probation.... again.... or have some sort of racial incident on campus...... again. And I'm not saying this so place them at some inferior level below us - because we haven't been much more relevant in football from a national perspective. It's just a little reminder that Ole Miss thinks they are some national power and have some leg up that is a myth based on some football games from before helmets had facemasks and their 18 MPH speed limit on campus.

Or Bama is in a little trouble themselves and don't want to talk NCAA.

Reason2succeed
06-02-2016, 08:52 AM
As long as they confined their cheating to Mississippi and only hurt us the NCAA didn't really care. When they went national that's when the NCAA started showing interest. It's amazing how some of this actually does parallel SMU.

That has SOME merit. Their problem was that they went from 0-100 in one year instead of gradually and then had the audacity to claim pure innocence and dare people to make accusations. That didn't go over well with the schools that those players spurned. Just like with AJ and Lashley coaches have to give account when they lose the #1 player in the nation at their position from right out of their backyard. Then to make matters worse they didn't lose said players to Alabama, Florida State, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio State, or USC. They lost them to OM who has been a just above a dumpster fire program since integration. Answers had to be given. Now it is OM chance to answer.

MadDawg
06-02-2016, 09:02 AM

I can't tell you how many people I've had to give the reader's digest version of this whole um fiasco. People just don't know about it. As much as we want to call them liars and cheats, their strategy of killing this story has kept it off the radar of your run-of-the-mill sports fan. That's all beginning to change now.

TrapGame
06-02-2016, 09:05 AM

Wolken touched on this sentiment yesterday. He said it takes years to build a top ten football program, a player here and a player there until it takes off and starts rolling. OM did it overnight and brought in the #1 players in the country at multiple positions. He said the NCAA will definitely look at that because it really stretches credibility since om was pathetic for the two -three years prior.

starkvegasdawg
06-02-2016, 09:30 AM
In a seafood market last night in Gilf Shores and got to talking to the owner. Mentioned I was from Starkville and then TSUN came up and their investigation. Guy said he watched Bjork on Finebaum and said after watching that interview that Bjork is one huge douche and asshole.

MSUDawg99
06-02-2016, 12:55 PM
Wolken touched on this sentiment yesterday. He said it takes years to build a top ten football program, a player here and a player there until it takes off and starts rolling. OM did it overnight and brought in the #1 players in the country at multiple positions. He said the NCAA will definitely look at that because it really stretches credibility since om was pathetic for the two -three years prior.

Eggggzackly! MSU won the EB 3yrs in a row when Mullen first got here (09 - 11) & thus became known as "Our State". Welp...that got their coach canned & the only way they could compete was to hire a cheat & a liar & pay players & now they've won the last 3 EB's. But since they were basically bought then it taints those wins.

RocketDawg
06-02-2016, 01:05 PM

Put another way ... Alabama could sign nothing but 5-star players in a recruiting cycle and everybody would think it normal. But when OM, or a school like them, signs a Top 10 class after such a miserable history, it definitely raises eyebrows, and apparently the eyebrows of the NCAA too.

maroonmania
06-02-2016, 01:13 PM
I can't tell you how many people I've had to give the reader's digest version of this whole um fiasco. People just don't know about it. As much as we want to call them liars and cheats, their strategy of killing this story has kept it off the radar of your run-of-the-mill sports fan. That's all beginning to change now.

Really didn't get ANY national exposure until the fiasco on draft night. Even has had very little regional exposure thanks to the MS media silence on the matter.

LeakyD
06-02-2016, 01:18 PM
McCready had Low on his podcast so he could explain how his words were taken out of context. Low did go overboard defending Freeze's character. The fact that Low said what he did about a possible bowl ban indicates he thinks it's coming, because he is undeniably a Freeze homer.

Funniest part was McReady calling Low, Ashoff, and himself objective, and called Wolken and other truth tellers "agenda driven".