PDA

View Full Version : Baylor Signees Asking for Release

CapitalCityDawg
06-01-2016, 08:01 PM
ITS TIME TO PULL A LAWRENCE ROBERTS AND CASH IN. 7 players already asking for a release. 3 are 4 star offensive lineman, a 4 star cornerback, an X receiver. Among others. Let's cash in.

Dallas_Dawg
06-01-2016, 08:04 PM
ITS TIME TO PULL A LAWRENCE ROBERTS AND CASH IN. 7 players already asking for a release. 3 are 4 star offensive lineman, a 4 star cornerback, an X receiver. Among others. Let's cash in.

Send T-Buck. Hevesy stay the **** away

GTHOM
06-01-2016, 09:07 PM
Yes please

AlmostPositive
06-01-2016, 09:18 PM
The Baylor guys need to to find good landing places before Ole Miss's flood the market... they're not technically entitled to skeedaddle the way the real Bears are, but the latest group was undeniably misled by Rev Freezus himself.

mic
06-02-2016, 07:37 AM
We better have feelers out to them esp ALL of the OL....

msstate7
06-02-2016, 07:41 AM
Help out a lazy guy, how many are from Texas? I think it'll be hard to pull guys that are originally from Texas.

Johnson85
06-02-2016, 07:49 AM
How many teams have scholarships left they can award for the 2016 class?

Surely a lot of the power 5 conference schools more prestigious schools better landing spots used all of their scholarships for 2016. Will there be that many schools we would be competing with?

mic
06-02-2016, 08:03 AM
How many teams have scholarships left they can award for the 2016 class?

Surely a lot of the power 5 conference schools more prestigious schools better landing spots used all of their scholarships for 2016. Will there be that many schools we would be competing with?

If these players are Ligit room will be made ...

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-02-2016, 08:19 AM
Help out a lazy guy, how many are from Texas? I think it'll be hard to pull guys that are originally from Texas.

http://baylor.247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/Commits

Pretty much all of them are from TX.

Perpetual Underachiever
06-02-2016, 08:44 AM
We should reach out to the local FCA reps in Waco. I hear they can be very helpful #Blessed

Johnson85
06-02-2016, 09:30 AM
If these players are Ligit room will be made ...

Room will be made, but would these players not count against the annual 25 scholarship allotment if they want to put them on scholarship for fall of 2016? If they do, they can't just unsign scholarship papers from February.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-02-2016, 09:39 AM
Room will be made, but would these players not count against the annual 25 scholarship allotment if they want to put them on scholarship for fall of 2016? If they do, they can't just unsign scholarship papers from February.

No but they could make room from the 85

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-02-2016, 09:40 AM

Even under a NCAA waiver for the circumstances?

jumbo
06-02-2016, 10:05 AM
OM can't add anyone for 2016. They self imposed those extra spots they had, remember?

Johnson85
06-02-2016, 10:08 AM
No but they could make room from the 85

I'm confused. They would, or would not, count against the 25? I know for a good player teams will make the 85 limit work one way or another, I just wasn't sure whether somebody that had used up their 25 for the year could offer financial aid until next year.

Tbonewannabe
06-02-2016, 10:08 AM
Didn't we only sign around 17 or so? We should have several spots open to get to 25.

Johnson85
06-02-2016, 10:09 AM
Even under a NCAA waiver for the circumstances?

No clue. Didn't they release some USCw players? How were they treated? Did they count against teams signing limit, or were they just treated as freebies provided there was room under the 85 overall limit?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-02-2016, 10:16 AM
No clue. Didn't they release some USCw players? How were they treated? Did they count against teams signing limit, or were they just treated as freebies provided there was room under the 85 overall limit?

They gave them the option to leave, but most stuck around. I can only find one player who left, but I can't find info on the scholarship info and he never played a down after the transfer.

1bigdawg
06-02-2016, 10:31 AM
They do count against the 25 and 85. That's what gives us an advantage.

vv83
06-02-2016, 10:56 AM
So someone who would be in the know.. are we actually going after these players or is it just fan talk? I don't see why we wouldn't

Really Clark?
06-02-2016, 11:25 AM
Technically, if a player has already attended classes at that school you can't make contact with them until after they are released by the university. That is a violation. Signee's that have not made it to campus yet are easier to contact. But until the university releases them AND the NCAA grants a waiver on the transfer rules it's a wait and see approach. You can't just start blowing up all of their signee's phones. Got to walk that line with them or you run the risk of improper contact. But definitely be ready and do what is appropriate to get in position with available spots.

Really Clark?
06-02-2016, 11:27 AM
I'm confused. They would, or would not, count against the 25? I know for a good player teams will make the 85 limit work one way or another, I just wasn't sure whether somebody that had used up their 25 for the year could offer financial aid until next year.

You can sign more than 25 if you have spots available on the 85 man roster.

RougeDawg
06-02-2016, 11:40 AM

Well Greg Little was from Texas and he spurned traditional powers for the beauty of the grove.

Johnson85
06-02-2016, 11:56 AM
You can sign more than 25 if you have spots available on the 85 man roster.

That doesn't seem like it could be right. What relevance would the 25 limit have if you could exceed it based on having scholarships available under the 85 limit? If you have 75 scholarship players returning one year, you can only sign 10 more (ignoring the ability to "encourage" attrition). The 25 limit doesn't give you the ability to go over 85. If you could sign more than 25 in a year in order to get up to 85 scholarship players, when would the 25 limit every come into play?

Really Clark?
06-02-2016, 12:16 PM
That doesn't seem like it could be right. What relevance would the 25 limit have if you could exceed it based on having scholarships available under the 85 limit? If you have 75 scholarship players returning one year, you can only sign 10 more (ignoring the ability to "encourage" attrition). The 25 limit doesn't give you the ability to go over 85. If you could sign more than 25 in a year in order to get up to 85 scholarship players, when would the 25 limit every come into play?

Huh? I was saying the 25 number is not set in stone if you have only 55 returning you can sign 30. What most leagues don't want teams doing (the Nutt rule) is signing 30 eventhough you only had 20 to give. You do have some lead way with that. One or maybe 2 players where grades are a question. However, with a late signing like this it's going to be the total against the 85 in August. It gives a team the chance to adjust the numbers over the summer. And nobody will be able to sign more than 1 or 2 unless they have plenty of scholarships still available. Like we do.

deltadawg99
06-02-2016, 12:18 PM
Technically, if a player has already attended classes at that school you can't make contact with them until after they are released by the university. That is a violation. Signee's that have not made it to campus yet are easier to contact. But until the university releases them AND the NCAA grants a waiver on the transfer rules it's a wait and see approach. You can't just start blowing up all of their signee's phones. Got to walk that line with them or you run the risk of improper contact. But definitely be ready and do what is appropriate to get in position with available spots.

I remember this being an issue when Kiffin left Tennessee for USC. I saw an interview where Kiffin and Orgeron were texting guys that were on campus and about to start classes to not go to class, but they wouldn't explain why.

Basically they were trying to keep them from going to class so they could be released from their scholarship at Tennessee and transfer to USC. I don't remember if anybody actually transferred though.

jumbo
06-02-2016, 12:26 PM
No. You can only sign 25 per year. Early enrollees count to the previous year so if you don't sign 25 in 2016 you can use those for EEs in 2017.