PDA

View Full Version : Zak Houston..

preachermatt83
06-01-2016, 03:29 PM
Word is he's getting the nod for Friday. It's either gonna be him or Hudson but rumors are that Houston has said he is starting. I will be satisfied with that. I want Hudson to go against CSF.

Commercecomet24
06-01-2016, 03:35 PM
I believe this is the best course. At some point in every big tournament you have to be creative with your pitching and take some chances. We are fortunate that we have some dang good arms! Get em Zak!

PassInterference
06-01-2016, 03:38 PM
We are up against the team with the lowest ERA in the nation. Now is not the time to get cute with the pitching rotation.

maroonmania
06-01-2016, 03:46 PM
We are up against the team with the lowest ERA in the nation.

We are up against that team in the SECOND game.

preachermatt83
06-01-2016, 03:48 PM
It comes down to this in my mind... A team like SEMO is not gonna be used to hitting 95mph gas so I go with Houston and throw Hudson game 2. I wouldn't be suprised if Cohen throws Hudson but it appears Houston is under the impression that he's getting the start. ATLEAST that's what he is telling folks.

preachermatt83
06-01-2016, 03:49 PM

Yup... And that's the game Hudson needs to throw in.

Commercecomet24
06-01-2016, 03:53 PM
We are up against the team with the lowest ERA in the nation. Now is not the time to get cute with the pitching rotation.

That is if they get by la tech. It's not a given csf wins that game.

PassInterference
06-01-2016, 03:56 PM

+1 good call

blacklistedbully
06-01-2016, 04:37 PM

I agree. LT has had more success vs Top 25 RPI (3-0 vs 0-2) and 26-50 RPI (8-7 vs 8-9).

Coach34
06-01-2016, 05:09 PM
I'm totally on board with starting Houston. We are a top 10 team and should be able to beat SE Mo with our #3 at home.

Todd4State
06-01-2016, 05:19 PM
Houston is telling people that the coaches have told him he will be in the starting rotation, but they haven't said when.

That said, the rumor is we are leaning towards starting him against SEMO State.

If that is the case, I'm all for it. SEMO is either going to be throwing their number two guy or an ace that has pitched a lot recently basically on four days rest.

Todd4State
06-01-2016, 05:20 PM

Honestly, I would be a little surprised if La Tech beats them in game one. At any rate, we're going to have to go through CSF to win this regional probably.

basedog
06-01-2016, 05:35 PM
Honestly, I would be a little surprised if La Tech beats them in game one. At any rate, we're going to have to go through CSF to win this regional probably.

La Tech has one good starting pitchers. The rest of the staff is average at best. Have a friend who follows La Tech.
He thinks it will be 50/50.

Todd4State
06-01-2016, 06:05 PM
La Tech has one good starting pitchers. The rest of the staff is average at best. Have a friend who follows La Tech.
He thinks it will be 50/50.

I think your friend is being a little optimistic. I'd put it at 30/70 La Tech winning. That said, he's probably talking about Sutton and he can match up with their pitcher.

La Tech hasn't been to the postseason in awhile and CSF goes regularly. That experience tends to be an advantage in the postseason.

Commercecomet24
06-01-2016, 06:06 PM

I don't think la tech wins either but it's no cake walk for csf. Also if you watched csf play their offense is anemic and their pitching stats were compiled against extremely mediocre teams this year. West coast baseball this year is not what it's been in the past. I agree we probably have to beat csf to win but they're no better than bottom third of the sec. We play like we played the majority of this season we go undefeated in this regional.

Todd4State
06-01-2016, 06:11 PM
I don't think la tech wins either but it's no cake walk for csf. Also if you watched csf play their offense is anemic and their pitching stats were compiled against extremely mediocre teams this year. West coast baseball this year is not what it's been in the past. I agree we probably have to beat csf to win but they're no better than bottom third of the sec. We play like we played the majority of this season we go undefeated in this regional.

La Tech is going to give them some problems because they are scrappy. And I don't think we will be easy for CSF either. Especially at Dudy-Noble Field.

Commercecomet24
06-01-2016, 06:15 PM
La Tech is going to give them some problems because they are scrappy. And I don't think we will be easy for CSF either. Especially at Dudy-Noble Field.

I really think we come out extremely focused at home. I think the sec tournament was kinda anti climatic for us after the grind and winning regular season title. I think we come out fresh and focused. Hope I'm right anyway lol