PDA

View Full Version : My OM relative

tireddawg
06-01-2016, 01:51 PM
"I'm borderline schizophrenic & Coach Freeze is nothing like me"

Jack Lambert
06-01-2016, 01:56 PM
While no cure exists for schizophrenia, it is treatable and manageable with medication and behavioral therapy, especially if diagnosed early and treated continuously. Those with acute symptoms, such as severe delusions or hallucinations, suicidal thoughts or the inability to care for oneself, may require hospitalization. Antipsychotic drugs are the primary medications to reduce the symptoms of schizophrenia. They relieve the positive symptoms through their impact on the brain?s neurotransmitter systems. Cognitive and behavioral therapy can then help ?retrain? the brain once symptoms are reduced.

These approaches improve communication, motivation and self-care and teach coping mechanisms so that individuals with schizophrenia may attend school, go to work and socialize. Patients undergoing regular psychosocial treatment comply better with medication, and have fewer relapses and hospitalizations. A positive relationship with a therapist or a case manager gives a patient a reliable source of information about schizophrenia, as well as empathy, encouragement and hope. Social networks and family member support have also been shown to be helpful.

That's my 2 cents.

Dawgowar
06-01-2016, 02:49 PM
While no cure exists for schizophrenia, it is treatable and manageable with medication and behavioral therapy, especially if diagnosed early and treated continuously. Those with acute symptoms, such as severe delusions or hallucinations, suicidal thoughts or the inability to care for oneself, may require hospitalization. Antipsychotic drugs are the primary medications to reduce the symptoms of schizophrenia. They relieve the positive symptoms through their impact on the brain?s neurotransmitter systems. Cognitive and behavioral therapy can then help ?retrain? the brain once symptoms are reduced.

These approaches improve communication, motivation and self-care and teach coping mechanisms so that individuals with schizophrenia may attend school, go to work and socialize. Patients undergoing regular psychosocial treatment comply better with medication, and have fewer relapses and hospitalizations. A positive relationship with a therapist or a case manager gives a patient a reliable source of information about schizophrenia, as well as empathy, encouragement and hope. Social networks and family member support have also been shown to be helpful.

That's my 2 cents.

My assessment - the aforementioned UNM relative is ****ing crazy.

tireddawg
06-01-2016, 06:17 PM
Yeah. He said this because he had heard some call Freeze that and/or a sociopath. He is crazy by he's not schizo. The point was that he thinks more of Freeze than he does himself. Freeze can do no wrong.

DawgPoundtheRock
06-01-2016, 07:08 PM
Read another way, Freeze is not borderline schizophrenic but full blown schizophrenic. See Jack's post above.

By the way Jack, that was impressive.