PDA

View Full Version : Tunsil and NCAA

Boodawg
06-01-2016, 01:35 PM
I read somewhere that the NCAA cleared Tunsil after sitting for 7 games last season. Is this correct, because I didn't think the NCAA ever came out with anything clearing him to play? I know OM says that the NCAA cleared him, but I didn't think we ever heard that from the NCAA.

Jack Lambert
06-01-2016, 01:43 PM
I wouldn't doubt Ole Miss just let him play knowing they were going to vacate anyways.

Liverpooldawg
06-01-2016, 01:48 PM
They claimed the NCAA cleared him. You can take that for what it's worth.

Boodawg
06-01-2016, 01:51 PM
They claimed the NCAA cleared him. You can take that for what it's worth.

Okay, that's what I thought.

tireddawg
06-01-2016, 01:53 PM
I really believe he was cleared, but the NCAA didn't know about the "power bill money" then.

Leroy Jenkins
06-01-2016, 01:57 PM
I really believe he was cleared, but the NCAA didn't know about the "power bill money" then.

He sat for the loaner car.

maroonmania
06-01-2016, 02:04 PM
I thought he sat due to receiving something he shouldn't have from an agent. I didn't think his suspension at the time had anything to do with illegal benefits from UNM coaches or boosters.

Dawgtini
06-01-2016, 02:04 PM
Hopefully just the first loaner car.

Drugs Delaney
06-01-2016, 02:17 PM
The NCAA let the boys at OSU play, then still hit the school.

Coach34
06-01-2016, 02:41 PM
Ole Missus will be penalized for the loaner cars and cash given to Lindsey Miller....and the lodging at Kiffin's

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-01-2016, 02:47 PM
Ole Missus will be penalized for the loaner cars and cash given to Lindsey Miller....and the lodging at Kiffin's

For everything overall or is that just for Tunsil?

LeakyD
06-01-2016, 02:47 PM
I'm beginning to think Freeze may be in trouble on this 1st NOA unless some of these charges get reduced. It makes no sense that they haven't made a statement by firing at least one person. On the contrary, Freeze basically stated yesterday that there was no reason to fire anybody, including those involved in new Tunsil mess.

OM idiots insist on the no pay for play narrative. Freeze being actively involved with boosters during recruitment shows that pay for play was happening , and he knew about it. The NCAA knows it was widespread, but it is hidden well and hard to prove. Ben Garrett's rant Friday was classic delusion.

AlmostPositive
06-01-2016, 02:52 PM
Bucky and Bjork have been so eager to tell their story that they have avoided mentioning the first documented detail of this matter.

There were multiple free "loaner" cars. Tunsil was approached by OM compliance about one but subsequently got still another Cannon Motors loaner. It was no secret, but OM did nothing about it.

These and many dozens of other damning details will get OM cooked beyond their fan's worst fears.

The NCAA has five times what they need and they are adding more as we speak.

Boodawg
06-01-2016, 02:58 PM
I would bet that OM, as pompous/arrogant as they are, will sue the NCAA if they don't accept the self imposed penalties. Of course that'll probably do nothing more than piss NCAA off, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Martianlander
06-01-2016, 03:02 PM
Is C J Johnson's vehicle and house full of furniture still in play or did that get covered up? I haven't seen it mentioned.

whatever
06-01-2016, 03:11 PM
Interesting how the NCAA subjectively chooses punishment for cases that seem similar/identical. Redmond and Sidney get longer suspensions than Tunsil, and they seemingly had more on Tunsil if they already knew about loaner cars, agents, the $800 to stepdad, and the free lodging.

Not sure how or why they would've cleared him to play at all, we heard nothing about the Tunsil's having to "repay" the benefits like the NCAA normally does.

msstatelp1
06-01-2016, 03:24 PM
I would bet that OM, as pompous/arrogant as they are, will sue the NCAA if they don't accept the self imposed penalties. Of course that'll probably do nothing more than piss NCAA off, but I wouldn't put it past them.

They are bigger idiots than they appear if they do. Suing the NCAA moves this from the court of public opinion to the court of law and the last thing they want is someone with subpoena power getting into this.

Rejlector84sports
06-01-2016, 11:05 PM
They are bigger idiots than they appear if they do. Suing the NCAA moves this from the court of public opinion to the court of law and the last thing they want is someone with subpoena power getting into this.

That's why the law school is there... free labor...