PDA

View Full Version : NCAA COI

Pinto
06-01-2016, 08:54 AM
Will UM try and bribe the COI? May sound crazy but their number 1 booster just got out of jail for bribing a judge. I put nothing past them.

ShotgunDawg
06-01-2016, 08:56 AM
Probably. Not sure how you find out who is on the COI

RC3
06-01-2016, 09:02 AM
has there been a decision made regarding their request for an extension?? Regardless, I suspect they will get one. I just don't understand why one would be needed if there was truly nothing to the Tunsil-coach money exchange. If it was truly above board, it seems that Ole Miss could provide the documentation and they could wrap it up. No clue what makes it so complicated unless there was truly some shady dealing going on regarding monthly payments. And if there is nothing to it, and I am ole miss, I want this over with asap so it doesnt get talked about all season long

rbdog82
06-01-2016, 09:04 AM
Isn't Sankey the head of the COI this year?

Reason2succeed
06-01-2016, 09:49 AM
Isn't Sankey the head of the COI this year?

I don't know but if he is then it would be appropriate for him to recuse himself. It would be a conflict of interest for Sankey to preside over such hearings.

Coackjek
06-01-2016, 09:54 AM
has there been a decision made regarding their request for an extension?? Regardless, I suspect they will get one. I just don't understand why one would be needed if there was truly nothing to the Tunsil-coach money exchange. If it was truly above board, it seems that Ole Miss could provide the documentation and they could wrap it up. No clue what makes it so complicated unless there was truly some shady dealing going on regarding monthly payments. And if there is nothing to it, and I am ole miss, I want this over with asap so it doesnt get talked about all season long

This and then some. I thought all of this could be explained?

Pinto
06-01-2016, 10:01 AM
Here's the committee. http://web1.ncaa.org/committees/committees_roster.jsp?CommitteeName=1INFRACTION

Jack Lambert
06-01-2016, 10:03 AM

Ole Miss knows there is more coming so they are trying their best to keep it all under one sanction.

Central Pork
06-01-2016, 10:12 AM
I don't know but if he is then it would be appropriate for him to recuse himself. It would be a conflict of interest for Sankey to preside over such hearings.

Sankey is the Chair of the COI. Here is a link to the Roster. The other SEC member is Michael Adams, former President of UGA. It is a diverse group and I doubt there is love for the SEC.

http://web1.ncaa.org/committees/committees_roster.jsp?CommitteeName=1INFRACTION

Whoops. Already posted. My bad.

Johnson85
06-01-2016, 10:57 AM
Will UM try and bribe the COI? May sound crazy but their number 1 booster just got out of jail for bribing a judge. I put nothing past them.

Too many people with too high of price tags. The best they can do is lean on anybody that they have some solid pre-existing connections with. They can't go to people they are unconnected with and talk about how they are hoping things go well because they intend to have some high paying, low work consulting gigs coming up in the next few years. Probably the best hope they have is that Sankey goes to bat for them. I think he will to the extent any proposed sanction will cost the SEC money, but I'm not sure he will want to burn the capital (and possibly annoy Bama/UGA/etc.) to try to limit sanctions that primarily just hit UM and not the SEC as a whole.

Dawgowar
06-01-2016, 04:16 PM
Here is a link to the sitting members -

Note two names - Adams, the former Georgia President and David Roberts, the USC Trojans Director of Compliance - figure the odds of the COI trying to NOT punish UNM now.

http://web1.ncaa.org/committees/committees_roster.jsp?CommitteeName=1INFRACTION

PassInterference
06-01-2016, 04:25 PM
The UGA guy was at UGA when Ole Miss stole Tunsil from UGA.

Reason2succeed
06-01-2016, 04:45 PM
They're screwed.
1)Sankey should still recuse himself in this instance. Even if say Sankey and maybe the guy representing the CFP tried to save OM there are too many other people who would see through their self interest.

2) Also, there are administrators who will not look kindly on ACT fraud.

3) The coaches and athletic administrators know that certain "mistakes" are just awe shucks incidents but are probably just the tip of a much larger ice berg.

4) Lastly, none of these people seem like the type to fall for the pious FCA huddle leaders garbage that Bjork and Freeze cooked up.

SailingDawg
06-01-2016, 05:56 PM
A Nafoom poster already told stories about NCAA investigators enjoying their time in Oxford with all sorts of perks, and joking about having to find something else to "investigate" so they can stay in their beautiful town. They really think it's a joke.

starkvegasdawg
06-01-2016, 06:06 PM
A Nafoom poster already told stories about NCAA investigators enjoying their time in Oxford with all sorts of perks, and joking about having to find something else to "investigate" so they can stay in their beautiful town. They really think it's a joke.
Any truth they had to go to the pen after xenareb dislocated her jaw?

TrapGame
06-01-2016, 06:07 PM

Ten years ago, and certainly fifteen years ago, I would have believed that, not now.

JoseBrown
06-01-2016, 06:31 PM
So, an investigation began in Oxford into ACT fraud, then detoured thru LA. Where they found a school to be very open and very helpful. The former UNM coach that was followed over there not so much. He was quickly fired, and slapped with a severe show-cause.

While there opening and finishing an investigation with a truly helpful school, the NCAA is still in Oxpatch investigating more infractions. They can't leave town, because more things keep popping up keeping them in Oxpatch investigating. The NCAA finally has to issue a NOA for reasons of timing, but can't wrap up the investigation. Things keep popping up that must be investigated more thoroughly in Oxpatch. UNM is trying to push back the COI meeting while still under investigation.

The original reasons for investigating UNM which led them to LA where another case has been opened and closed with severe punishments. While UNM flaunts how helpful they have been and are being to the NCAA, how has investigation not been completed yet? While LA school is paying the price and UNM still being investigated another coach at another university was fired, due to the severity of the allegations he was involved while at UNM. And while we wait on the COI to meet, and the investigation to end where it began. Not to mention the UNM, SEC, NCAA and NFL being embarrassed by one of UNM's player under heavy investigation.

If UNM and their head coach think in the end they will get off lightly, then they are as delusional as they hope their fan base to be. I can't see it happening, I think they are toying with UNM and Freeze at this point. Through bribery or simply pressure on relationships UNM will get nowhere looking for favor from the COI. Nor will their definition of mistake being equal to cheat help them in the least. I don't think...

Reason2succeed
06-01-2016, 06:51 PM
Bjork and Bucky were essentially throwing a Hail Mary because at this point they have nothing to lose. Not only will they be fired once the penalties come down and the OM fanbase realizes that all they got was two Cotton Bowls and a Sugar Bowl but neither will ever work at a university again.

Bo Bounds remind me that Chip Kelly got a show cause at Oregon just for "not knowing" what was going on in his program. Bjork is definitely done because he has multiple programs that make "mistakes" in compliance. And Bucky is done because he's a pompous, pious, hothead who couldn't keep all his lies and liars together.

TrapGame
06-01-2016, 07:28 PM
Bjork and Bucky were essentially throwing a Hail Mary because at this point they have nothing to lose. Not only will they be fired once the penalties come down and the OM fanbase realizes that all they got was two Cotton Bowls and a Sugar Bowl but neither will ever work at a university again.

Bo Bounds remind me that Chip Kelly got a show cause at Oregon just for "not knowing" what was going on in his program. Bjork is definitely done because he has multiple programs that make "mistakes" in compliance. And Bucky is done because he's a pompous, pious, hothead who couldn't keep all his lies and liars together.

Didn't Bucky get a suspension from the NCAA when he was recruiting coordinator with O? Illegal contact on multiple occasions, I think.

Central Pork
06-01-2016, 07:55 PM
I think the COI only meets quarterly. It appears the next session is the last week of this month. So, it is doubtful there will be any Ole Miss ass hammering until later. But, that team will have a black cloud hanging over their head all season. It will be interesting to see how Bucky handles it.

SheltonChoked
06-01-2016, 08:13 PM
That guy allegedly bribed a judge for $20,000 to get a ruling that would make him $2,000,000. He's not smart enough to bribe the COI.