PDA

View Full Version : New Uniforms??

ShotgunDawg
08-21-2013, 06:49 AM
We're gonna get new uniforms, we're gonna get new uniforms,we're gonna get new uniforms,we're gonna get new uniforms,we're gonna get new uniforms, hopefully they got rid of shitty shoulder stripe,hopefully they got rid of shitty shoulder stripe,hopefully they got rid of shitty shoulder stripe,hopefully they got rid of shitty shoulder stripe,hopefully they got rid of shitty shoulder stripe,We're gonna get new uniformsWe're gonna get new uniformsWe're gonna get new uniforms

http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2013/8/21/4643256/it-looks-like-msu-will-reveal-new-uniforms-on-thursday

BHildreth3
08-21-2013, 07:50 AM
It's probably just a new alternate. Most Adidas teams have released these in the past week.

FlabLoser
08-21-2013, 07:58 AM
aTm got new ones. Still with the shoulder stripe.

Thick
08-21-2013, 08:11 AM
I do not THINK we will have the shoulder stripe, and it might be because aTm does. Just from that 6 second teaser, I could not see it.

smootness
08-21-2013, 08:13 AM
It looks to me like that logo you can briefly see on the helmet has a gold outline, which would mean it's probably just the Egg Bowl jersey. It could be a silver outline, as well, but it looked gold to me.

We'll see. I actually liked last year's uniform. Didn't like the look of it so much when they unveiled it, but I thought it looked good on the field. The shoulder stripe was much less awkward-looking on the field than I expected. Yes, it looked a lot like A&M's, but I liked ours better than their double-stripe monstrosity.

It's a funny thing with uniforms...generally, when they're unveiled, people don't like them. Then, over time, especially if you win in them, people get upset when you change them. I saw people clamoring for our original Adidas jerseys after watching the Whitley clip posted yesterday, and that's the jersey people didn't like and wanted us to change. The piping on that jersey looked terrible. The only uniform everyone can agree was atrocious was the Croom jersey, and what we have now is far better than that.

If these are completely new jerseys, I don't care if they leave the stripe or remove it. The main thing I want to see is for them to remove the letterhead above the numbers on the front; that, to me, looks bad. These have the M-State banner below the shoulder, and I can't imagine them having that right next to the letterhead, so it looks like they may have taken that off.

BHildreth3
08-21-2013, 08:31 AM
The uniforms we have have grown on me, but what i absolutely hate is the white stripe on the helmet. It would look better if we went back to the white facemask, but if we are going to do any ****ing stripes on the helmet, then go back to the 1986 helmet when you have 3 small stripes, (white,silver,white). The fat stripes just suck.

Ditch the stripes on the pants and just go solid white, grey and maroon. And if we are going to wear the grey pants, just wear on the road with the white jersey. That combo looks good.

DanDority
08-21-2013, 08:45 AM
[QUOTE=BHildreth3;40256]The uniforms we have have grown on me, but what i absolutely hate is the white stripe on the helmet. It would look better if we went back to the white facemask, but if we are going to do any ****ing stripes on the helmet, then go back to the 1986 helmet when you have 3 small stripes, (white,silver,white). The fat stripes just suck.

Ditch the stripes on the pants and just go solid white, grey and maroon. And if we are going to wear the grey pants, just wear on the road with the white jersey. That combo looks good.[/Quote/]

I agree with most of that. I HATE the the stripe on the helmet!!! I disagree with the pants, personally I like plain white, "trousers" as Jack would say.

hailmari
08-21-2013, 08:46 AM
I'm in the minority that thought they were tight as hell from the beginning, although something different could be done with the logo on the chest.

08-21-2013, 08:47 AM
I see the number still on the sleeve, a gold MState helmet emblem, no helmet stripe, (facing the player) a small MState emblem on the left upper chest and SEC in the upper right. The jersey also appears to be void of shoulder stripes.

Vandownbytheriver
08-21-2013, 08:48 AM
I'm not a fan of wearing the grey pants and white jerseys. Too UGA and OM for my liking. We need to go all white on the road.

smootness
08-21-2013, 09:01 AM
I'm not sure you can see enough in the video to tell the helmets definitely don't have a stripe. I like the helmet stripe, but if we do away with the shoulder stripe, that may go with it.

I'm not that concerned. I think our current jersey is better than the previous Adidas jersey, and that one was far better than the Russell jersey, so hopefully the good progression continues.

08-21-2013, 09:13 AM
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l270/jtbusby7/ScreenShot2013-08-21at91043AM_zpsd7124cdb.png
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l270/jtbusby7/ScreenShot2013-08-21at91059AM_zps4c40b4e5.png

smootness
08-21-2013, 09:16 AM
Yeah, it looks like you might be right. The second one is too dark to tell, to me, though you can barely see the white in the rubber above the facemask.

The first one looks a little clearer to me, though I'm not sure you would be able to see the stripe from that angle on the current helmets.

The logo outline is definitely gold, though, so I'm thinking these are just the Egg Bowl uniforms.

biscuit
08-21-2013, 09:32 AM
I still think these are the best. Why can't Adidas come close to replicating them?

TheRef
08-21-2013, 09:50 AM
I still think these are the best. Why can't Adidas come close to replicating them?

Nike has that uniform style by the balls right now. I promise you, if we could get that old style uniform back, Scott would find a way to do so. Sadly, Nike doesn't let old habits die easily. I guess we have Jackie to thank for that.

aerodawg
08-21-2013, 09:52 AM
These look pretty good to me. The helmet definitely looks like it has a gold outline. I hope our normal uniforms are like this with the typical accents. Pretty much the only bad thing I had to say about the ones from last year were the stripes. If they keep the stripes on A&M and take it off our uniforms, I would be happy. Both schools being Maroon and White make it tough to differentiate without appearing to "favor" one school who has a better looking uniform. Stripes and no stripes differentiates it enough and won't have anyone in uproar over unfair attention to one school or the other.

CJDAWG85
08-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Why can't we go back to the '09-'10 jerseys? Those looked good

FlabLoser
08-21-2013, 10:06 AM

I like this, but I like our banner Mississippi State logo better than Miss State. That banner logo better says who we are. Otherwise, bring on the Nike unis.

I heard our Adidas contract is up after this year. Maybe we can get Nike.

TheRef
08-21-2013, 10:08 AM
I like this, but I like our banner Mississippi State logo better than Miss State. That banner logo better says who we are. Otherwise, bring on the Nike unis.

I heard our Adidas contract is up after this year. Maybe we can get Nike.

According to the chat at Scott Stricklin held last week, I don't see that happening. He essentially said, "They've gone above and beyond what we have asked them to do and they have done a very good job at that." Essentially he is saying, "Why will we end something that has been going pretty well for us?"

FlabLoser
08-21-2013, 10:10 AM
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l270/jtbusby7/ScreenShot2013-08-21at91043AM_zpsd7124cdb.png

I would be OK with the gold outline being permanent. We do need some kind of outline to better define the logo. When we first came out with our current era helmet, there we experiments with a silver outline. I think the gold looks better, plus it ties in with the Egg Bowl.

Another cool idea would be a little Egg Bowl trophy sticker for the back of the helmet to be worn in years when the Egg Bowl trophy resides in Starkville. And I think the Rebels should do the same. I'm talking a LITTLE sticker Maybe an inch or two tall.

TheRef
08-21-2013, 10:13 AM
Another cool idea would be a little Egg Bowl trophy sticker for the back of the helmet to be worn in years when the Egg Bowl trophy resides in Starkville. And I think the Rebels should do the same. I'm talking a LITTLE sticker Maybe an inch or two tall.

That sounds really good. Someone needs to contact the responsible parties for this. *dials random phone numbers* I have no idea what I'm doing.

smootness
08-21-2013, 10:21 AM
I personally hate the idea of a permanent gold outline, and I doubt we ever do something like that. It just doesn't make sense to me. Might as well do green.

FlabLoser
08-21-2013, 10:24 AM
According to the chat at Scott Stricklin held last week, I don't see that happening. He essentially said, "They've gone above and beyond what we have asked them to do and they have done a very good job at that." Essentially he is saying, "Why will we end something that has been going pretty well for us?"

Well that's OK too. Adidas has done good by me except for the 2012 stripe job. Hope they make an improvement this year.

TheRef
08-21-2013, 10:26 AM
Well that's OK too. Adidas has done good by me except for the 2012 stripe job. Hope they make an improvement this year.

Agreed. Adidas is having to compete with Nike on the latest and greatest uniform ideas. Because right now recruits are looking the newest and shiniest uniforms. They see what Oregon is doing with their uniforms and they think it's sick. So Adidas is simply trying to help us help them by getting their apparel out there.

Offshore Dawg
08-21-2013, 10:55 AM
To me I preferred the aTm small stripes to our large one, even though they were a reflection of the m state banner. Hell I even like the 2 small shoulder stripes on some practice jerseys that I saw the dawgs wearing.

" sex after 90 is like shooting pool with a rope" ( George Burns )

Pollodawg
08-21-2013, 10:58 AM
Ditch the stripes on all of it. Solid maroon helmet with white facemask. Solid maroon jersey, but if you had to have some stripes, do it horizontal on the shoulder pads just around the arms, not all the way around. And trim it in gray. The pants should be solid white with just the MState logo on the hips.

Away should be all white with maroon helmet.

War Machine Dawg
08-21-2013, 11:44 AM
We need to remove the damn helmet stripe. I didn't mind the shoulder stripe on the home unis, but the shoulder stripe on the away unis needs to go with helmet stripe. We aren't going back to Nike. It sucks, but we won't let the grudge die. I'm hoping we'll switch to UnderArmour. Adidas f'n blows bovines. And don't even get me started on the maroon/purple 70s ASStros jerseys they tried to force on us for the CWS. Kick Adidas to the curb. Yesterday.

DanDority
08-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Ditch the stripes on all of it. Solid maroon helmet with white facemask. Solid maroon jersey, but if you had to have some stripes, do it horizontal on the shoulder pads just around the arms, not all the way around. And trim it in gray. The pants should be solid white with just the MState logo on the hips.

Away should be all white with maroon helmet.

Could not agree more!!!!!!!

Todd4State
08-21-2013, 04:36 PM

Because the fans who buy the merchandise don't like it in general?

FlabLoser
08-21-2013, 04:59 PM
We need new jerseys because I won't buy an ugly Will Redmond jersey.

Todd4State
08-21-2013, 05:17 PM
What we need to do is start a grassroots "bring back the interlocking MSU" campaign.

We just have to figure out exactly how much it would cost to get it back. Millions I'm sure, and I'm also sure it would upset the athletic dept. since they seem pretty insistant to cramming Adidas and bad uniforms down our throats.

If they team came out of the tunnel with a helmet with some variation of MSJ on the helmet, the place would go CRAZY.

DanDority
08-21-2013, 05:20 PM
What we need to do is start a grassroots "bring back the interlocking MSU" campaign.

We just have to figure out exactly how much it would cost to get it back. Millions I'm sure, and I'm also sure it would upset the athletic dept. since they seem pretty insistant to cramming Adidas and bad uniforms down our throats.

If they team came out of the tunnel with a helmet with some variation of MSJ on the helmet, the place would go CRAZY.

I'm in!

Pollodawg
08-21-2013, 08:05 PM
Somebody asked if these were just for the EB. That would be kinda stupid in Adidas part to release an EB uni in August. But, I agree Todd, if we trotted out the throwbacks, DWS would shake itself to pieces.

TheRef
08-22-2013, 08:13 AM
Look. I'm not saying that we should just give up on trying to get the old school look. I loved the look that Nike provided us over the years. It was classic and hard-nosed. All I'm saying is that, okay, maybe Adidas has given us some pretty shitty ideas. I'm just trying to be a realist here and tell y'all that Stricklin and the athletic department are not going to get off of Adidas after this year's contract because of the amount of quality uniforms that they have provided us (and yes...there have been some quality uniforms). I don't see us getting off of Adidas until at least after the next contract session. But with what Scott was saying on the chat, I don't see us getting rid of Adidas after this year.

smootness
08-22-2013, 08:53 AM
I don't mind Adidas. Sometimes they try too hard, but Nike does as well. And Nike has had some really crappy ideas in the past, too. I'm guessing had we stayed with Nike, the interlocking MSJ may have stayed, but we wouldn't have liked several of the jerseys we got from them, either.

In general, jerseys that are clean with few lines, but whose few lines are bold and straight, look far better than the ones where the designer tries to get cute and come up with random shapes and such to put all over them. Well, right now, our jerseys are pretty clean. The shoulder stripe is a little strange, but I like the helmet stripe, and other than that, they look really good, and they are boldly maroon.

DogBanker
08-22-2013, 08:58 AM
Buddy of mine who is a manager on the team told me yesterday they were gonna lose the stripe on the helmet and make it like the snow bowl helmets except in maroon. Guess we'll find out here soon

biscuit
08-22-2013, 09:02 AM

YEP

bulldawg28
08-22-2013, 09:02 AM
Buddy of mine who is a manager on the team told me yesterday they were gonna lose the stripe on the helmet and make it like the snow bowl helmets except in maroon. Guess we'll find out here soon

What about the stripe on the jersey? It still appears from the clip that either a stripe is on the sleeve or a number.

DogBanker
08-22-2013, 09:11 AM
He didn't mention that. Although on the subject line of Adidas vs. Nike. The uniform guy at SportsCenter told me last year that Adidas was about to pass Nike in terms of the go to brand. It shocked me at first, but he said that Adidas is just bringing out more stuff now then Nike.

smootness
08-22-2013, 09:32 AM

That's interesting, but I'm not quite sure what it means. The M-State logo was obviously on the helmet in the promo, so if the logo is the same, it seems like the only difference would be the stripe...not sure how it would be like the Snow Bowl design.

Anyway, count me among those that did not like that design at all. The white helmets were ok, but that clip-art bulldog was atrocious. At least you could barely see it. If we're going to try to use a bulldog logo for anything, we need to come up with a unique bulldog design and use it across the board...something hand-drawn, not computer-generated.

FlabLoser
08-22-2013, 10:03 AM
Holy shit, its true.

http://www.hailstatestore.com/pages/Mississippi_State_adidas_gear

Maroon helmet, gray bulldog face on the side. Ugly ass shoulder strip still there. I hate it. These uniforms are a joke. Son of a bitch.

08-22-2013, 10:13 AM
http://images.footballfanatics.com/partners/MississippiState/MissState/Side.jpg

TheRef
08-22-2013, 10:14 AM
I don't mind the uniforms. Look, it could be worse. It could be MUCH worse.

EAVdog
08-22-2013, 10:17 AM
I've always hated the MState logo so the Bulldog face with not tampon stripe on top of the helmet is a big improvement to me. Looks fine, if we beat Okie State they'll be my favorite.

smootness
08-22-2013, 10:23 AM
I'm ok with the stripe, and it should look better without the helmet stripe running perpendicular. The helmet, sans stripe, looks good...but good gosh with that bulldog. Maybe it looks better on a maroon backdrop, but I doubt it.

Having said that, we're still not sure this is what we're unveiling. I'm guessing it will incorporate the bulldog logo, but I can't imagine that helmet having the bulldog logo on one side and the M-State on the other; also, this jersey doesn't appear to have the M-State logo in front of the shoulder. We'll see, but it looks like it may be pretty disappointing.

ETA: I'm guessing this will be just for the Egg Bowl. Hard for me to imagine us putting that bulldog on our helmet for every game, and we didn't put the stripes back on our helmets just so we could take them off again.

FlabLoser
08-22-2013, 10:30 AM
It has to be a 3rd uniform. Shirley.

MSU hasn't had a permanent helmet without a primary logo in my lifetime.