PDA

View Full Version : IGNORANCE!

BulldogBacker
06-01-2016, 08:03 AM
The interview with Bjork and Freeze with Finebaum yesterday got me thinking. It seems their primary defense is "IGNORANCE." Freeze mentioned several times that they committed no "intentional violations." The NCAA requires every Head Football Coach to not only know the rules, but enforce them with his staff. I don't know what would be more egregious, having an ignorant fool as a coach or having one who acts like a pouting child?

His demeanor reminded me of President Nixon's "I am not a crook!" He was adamant that he does not "cheat." Finebaum says his colleagues think otherwise. Freeze says none have said it to his face. Reading his body language and demeanor, this man seems about ready to crack. Bjork was clearly "in charge," of this interview, and to be honest, presented himself and TSUN as positively as he could. Despite saying that he "owned these NCAA violations and problems," Freeze acted as though he is the persecuted lamb, that their successes had brought the lions to his flock.

Not an attack on the faithful, but frequently, intense religiosity of some people reflect deep seated neuroses and latent schizophrenia. They do not see the world clearly and frequently sacrifice ethics and values for the "end justifies the means." The whacko's who kill in the name of God/Muhammed talking to them are an example. With just a few more turns of the screws on this bowl of jelly, I think he might decompensate.

Liverpooldawg
06-01-2016, 08:09 AM
He may be using ignorance as a defense, but I expect he knew the rules well enough. He himself has stated in the past that he knew everything that went on with thier recruiting. So .......

BB30
06-01-2016, 08:18 AM
How do you become a head coach at a SEC program and not realize sitting in a recruit's house with a booster is a violation? Actually, how do you expect anyone to believe you when you plead ignorance as a head coach?

AlmostPositive
06-01-2016, 08:24 AM
The interview was almost 100% prevarication.

Hugh J. Freeze knows perfectly well that his staff broke the rules knowingly.

He himself met with a recruit in the presence of a known rogue booster.

His assistant Chris Kiffin is cited for numerous actions that your maiden aunt in Topeka knows are impermissible.

If mistakes were made, they were only not concealing what they did better.

Mjoelner34
06-01-2016, 08:31 AM
The interview was almost 100% prevarication.

Hugh J. Freeze knows perfectly well that his staff broke the rules knowingly.
He himself met with a recruit in the presence of a known rogue booster. TWICE and with multiple recruits the second time

His assistant Chris Kiffin is cited for numerous actions that your maiden aunt in Topeka knows are impermissible.

If mistakes were made, they were only not concealing what they did better.

ShotgunDawg
06-01-2016, 08:33 AM
Ignorance is not an acceptable excuse the NCAA. It's only a narrative being put forth to win over public perception and gain self pity.

thf24
06-01-2016, 08:38 AM
Ignorance is not an acceptable excuse the NCAA. It's only a narrative being put forth to win over public perception and gain self pity.

They appear to be clueless that they've already lost the public perception battle and are just digging the hole deeper by continuing to fight it. I always had a hard time believing they were as delusional from the very top to the bottom as they appeared, but their unrelenting desperation to win the press conference at this point is pretty good evidence of it.

Mjoelner34
06-01-2016, 08:43 AM
We're now up to Act 4 in this play.

Freeze Act 1: We didn't cheat and if you think we did, email me. I dare you!

Freeze Act 2: That wasn't me or my staff. That was the old administration.

Freeze Act 3: I don't know what you're talking about. I don't know anything.

Freeze Act 4: Aw shucks. I might chew some backer every now and then but I aint never intentionally broke no rules. I just love everybody too much to have to go breaking rules just to get them to like me and come with me. And when they see those big trees on our beautiful campus, they think they are looking at the pearly gates themselves! Naw, I didn't set out to break no rules and if I did, it was all just an accident or some big 'ol misunderstanding.

Freeze Act 5: Any guesses as to what we'll see? I'm leaning toward a Jimmy Swaggart moment although a lashing out followed by a breakdown can't be ruled out.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-01-2016, 08:44 AM
From an older thread:

December 2015 Freeze stated - "And we all follow the plan I created for recruiting"
http://gridironnow.com/hugh-freezes-...nged-ole-miss/

February 2016 Freeze stated - "We've had four consecutive top 15 classes. I know how we do things. I know how our staff does things."
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole...es-2016-class/

February 2016 Freeze stated - "I am confident that how we do things inside this building are the right way."
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/in...how_to_be.html

SnoopDawg
06-01-2016, 08:46 AM
Hard to sell ignorance when you have been the recruiting coordinator before and are getting paid $5 mil per year to run the business.

AlmostPositive
06-01-2016, 08:50 AM
If you could gene-splice Jimmy Swaggart, Sargeant Schultz, Bill Clinton and a nutria, you would have something very close to close to Hugh J Freeze.

maroonmania
06-01-2016, 08:52 AM
To be honest I'm just sick of the whole bunch up there and hope the NCAA hammers them into oblivion. Freeze and crew literally have to have some psychosis that allows them to mentally justify breaking whatever rule they feel like when they feel like. I'm sure in their mind they have the reasoning that everyone cheats, we just do it a lot better. I like what Rosey said regarding the fact that its easy to be a great recruiter when you are operating under one set of rules (or no rules) while others are having to operate under a different set. I am convinced at this point that most up on the plantation would sell their firstborn if it meant winning the recruiting rankings and a few more football games.

shannondawg
06-01-2016, 08:54 AM
The caller right after the interview said something that Paul jumped on "Freeze is playing the victim card" He seemed happy that the caller brought that up and not him, so he could further the conversation.

My take is Paul was being nice, but he did ask some pretty pointed questions such as how does he feel that the SEC coaches are all saying he cheats. Hugh played dumb on that one saying he had never heard that and mumbled that he would like to debate them on that and changed the subject.

Backer you are spot on Hugh's religious fervor . He might actually believe he is doing what a higher power calls him to do, but then again it might be all bs, but I don't think so, he's got that look about him when he starts spouting the gospel according the Freezes.

MadDawg
06-01-2016, 09:14 AM
Backer you are spot on Hugh's religious fervor . He might actually believe he is doing what a higher power calls him to do, but then again it might be all bs, but I don't think so, he's got that look about him when he starts spouting the gospel according the Freezes.

God told him to cheat?

shannondawg
06-01-2016, 09:19 AM
No, but Freeze thought he said it was ok for him to do whatever was necessary to carry on his work.

PassInterference
06-01-2016, 09:19 AM
A couple of salient points...

1) Hugh Freeze promotes himself and his staff as elite recruiters. Elite recruiters by definition know the rules of recruiting. You can't be elite at anything without knowing the rules. When he says he didn't intentionally cheat, he is lying.

2) There was no "rouge" booster. A booster meeting with the head coach at a recruit's house isn't rouge. He is following the plan set forth by the head coach. Rouge people operate on their own, not with the head man in charge at their side.

All this is to say Ole Miss has lied form the beginning and they continue to lie. They are GUILTY.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-01-2016, 09:20 AM
http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/AFCA%20Code%20of%20Ethics.pdf

AFCA Code of Ethics, Article 7, Recruiting

1. All institutional, conference, and national regulatory body rules pertaining to recruiting shall be observed strictly. A head coach must accept total responsibility for the activities of all his assistants even if an assistant is not a member of the
association.

AlmostPositive
06-01-2016, 09:20 AM
Finebaum deliberately avoided asking any detailed questions about what has gone on. The questions were mostly "how does this feel?"
If you know Finebaum, you knew that's what he would do.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-01-2016, 09:25 AM
Here's a link to a NCAA practice exam for recruiters in football:
http://web1.ncaa.org/coachesTest/exec/pdf/practiceexam?doWhat=pdf&division=1&sportCode=MFB

21. A representative of an institution's athletics interests (i.e., booster) is permitted to have a prearranged contact
with a prospective student-athlete who is making an OFFICIAL or UNOFFICIAL visit to the institution's campus.
True or False?

Johnson85
06-01-2016, 09:27 AM
Hard to sell ignorance when you have been the recruiting coordinator before and are getting paid $5 mil per year to run the business.

I don't get why more people aren't harping on this. Freeze was in a position to be the designated fall guy for UM. Now he's back after being gone what, like three years? And he's trying to claim he is ignorant of what the designated fall guys have been doing?

ShotgunDawg
06-01-2016, 09:29 AM
Finebaum deliberately avoided asking any detailed questions about what has gone on. The questions were mostly "how does this feel?"
If you know Finebaum, you knew that's what he would do.

No doubt. It's in Finebaum's best interest to not ask tough questions because he wants Freeze & Bdork to continue to use his show as a platform. Them being on his show bring ratings & makes people talk about his show.

If he asks really tough questions, they'll avoid his show going forward and he doesn't want that.

Mjoelner34
06-01-2016, 09:32 AM
Here's a link to a NCAA practice exam for recruiters in football:
http://web1.ncaa.org/coachesTest/exec/pdf/practiceexam?doWhat=pdf&division=1&sportCode=MFB

21. A representative of an institution's athletics interests (i.e., booster) is permitted to have a prearranged contact
with a prospective student-athlete who is making an OFFICIAL or UNOFFICIAL visit to the institution's campus.
True or False?

Clearly it depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
http://rinf.com/alt-news/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/bill-clinton-05.jpg

Martianlander
06-01-2016, 10:18 AM
Wonder if Freeze invested his 30 pieces of silver wisely?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-01-2016, 10:29 AM
Sorry if it's been discussed, but on page 11, section J of the NOA there is this :

"Lastly, during the January 20 breakfast at Freeze's residence,xxxx ,xxxx
, and xxxx's mother and sister were provided with a catered
breakfast. The value of their meals was approximately $102. While at
Freeze's residence,xxxx ,xxxx and xxxx 's family members
had contact with various members of the football staff, including ????? and
Harris. Harris knew that ????? accompanied , xxxx and
xxxx's family members to Freeze's residence on this occasion.
[NCAA Bylaws 11.7.2."

I know there was talk of a booster at some of these meeting, but that says "various members of the football staff, including (redacted)". Why the hell is a member of the football staff allowed to have their name redacted?

RougeDawg
06-01-2016, 10:31 AM
The interview with Bjork and Freeze with Finebaum yesterday got me thinking. It seems their primary defense is "IGNORANCE." Freeze mentioned several times that they committed no "intentional violations." The NCAA requires every Head Football Coach to not only know the rules, but enforce them with his staff. I don't know what would be more egregious, having an ignorant fool as a coach or having one who acts like a pouting child?

His demeanor reminded me of President Nixon's "I am not a crook!" He was adamant that he does not "cheat." Finebaum says his colleagues think otherwise. Freeze says none have said it to his face. Reading his body language and demeanor, this man seems about ready to crack. Bjork was clearly "in charge," of this interview, and to be honest, presented himself and TSUN as positively as he could. Despite saying that he "owned these NCAA violations and problems," Freeze acted as though he is the persecuted lamb, that their successes had brought the lions to his flock.

Not an attack on the faithful, but frequently, intense religiosity of some people reflect deep seated neuroses and latent schizophrenia. They do not see the world clearly and frequently sacrifice ethics and values for the "end justifies the means." The whacko's who kill in the name of God/Muhammed talking to them are an example. With just a few more turns of the screws on this bowl of jelly, I think he might decompensate.

The "People are accusing us because of our success" bullshit can be ripped to shreds if someone would just do it. People were accusing he and his program of cheating during that 2013 class, PRIOR TO ANY SUCCESS!!! Why isn't anyone refuting his pity bullshit pandering with these facts?

Percho
06-01-2016, 10:51 AM

1) Hugh Freeze promotes himself and his staff as elite recruiters. Elite recruiters by definition know the rules of recruiting. You can't be elite at anything without knowing the rules. When he says he didn't intentionally cheat, he is lying.

2) There was no "rouge" booster. A booster meeting with the head coach at a recruit's house isn't rouge. He is following the plan set forth by the head coach. Rouge people operate on their own, not with the head man in charge at their side.

All this is to say Ole Miss has lied form the beginning and they continue to lie. They are GUILTY.

Reminds me of:

Kaffee: Colonel, I have just one more question before I call Airman O'Malley and Airman Rodriguez. If you gave an order that Santiago wasn't to be touched, and your orders are always followed, then why would Santiago be in danger? Why would it be necessary to transfer him off the base?
Jessep: Santiago was a substandard Marine. He was being transferred because--
Kaffee: That is not what you said, you said he was being transferred because he was in grave danger.
Jessep: That's correct.
Kaffee: You said he was in danger, I said "grave danger?" You said "is there another kind?"--
Jessep: I recall what I said--
Kaffee: I can have the court reporter read back to you--
Jessep: I know what I said! I don't have to have it read back to me like I'm--!

Maroonthirteen
06-01-2016, 12:49 PM

Looks like the same MO as the blindside. Find Memphis football player. Link with surrogate parents (hey! Come to the FCA meeting !) for sponsorship. Kid has way paved to be a player on his team.

Freeze is the mastermind. He damn well knew everything going on.

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-01-2016, 01:53 PM
"A head coach is presumed responsible for major/Level I and Level II violations (e.g. academic fraud, recruiting inducements) occurring within his or her program unless the coach can show that he or she promoted an atmosphere of compliance and monitored his or her staff."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2012/10/25/ncaa-penalty-enforcement-document-board-of-directors/1659413/

Gonna be pretty hard to show that he promoted an atmosphere of compliance and monitored his staff when he was in the middle of the violation himself.

Burn baby burn.

Dawgology
06-01-2016, 03:44 PM
"A head coach is presumed responsible for major/Level I and Level II violations (e.g. academic fraud, recruiting inducements) occurring within his or her program unless the coach can show that he or she promoted an atmosphere of compliance and monitored his or her staff."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2012/10/25/ncaa-penalty-enforcement-document-board-of-directors/1659413/

Gonna be pretty hard to show that he promoted an atmosphere of compliance and monitored his staff when he was in the middle of the violation himself.

Burn baby burn.

Everyone should go back and listen to that interview again. At one point Freeze was trying to characterize what all of his assistants had done as unintentional mistakes and questioned whether some were actually violations. He ACTUALLY SAID something to the effect of "his coaches talk to him before they do any of this stuff". He can't claim that he didn't know any of this was happening and he admitted that he was complicit with that statement.