PDA

View Full Version : "Freeze knows nothing"

Political Hack
05-31-2016, 09:24 PM
That's their main talking point. Only two reasons for that to be their talking point. He's either being set up to be the roadkill that takes the brunt of this or it's because they're scared shitless they're about to lose him. I wasn't convinced they werent that worried about having to let him go but today proved otherwise. He's hanging on by a thread and the NCAA has his future hanging in the balance.

We've been in some dire straights before but never anything like this. 28 violations across 4 coaching staffs over a period of 3 years. Their athletic department is about to get slapped like we haven't seen in modern times.

starkvegasdawg
05-31-2016, 09:27 PM
Thought he said on PAWWWWL today that he knows everything...effectively contradicting he's completely out of the loop statement from a few weeks ago.

BeardoMSU
05-31-2016, 09:29 PM
That's their main talking point. Only two reasons for that to be their talking point. He's either being set up to be the roadkill that takes the brunt of this or it's because they're scared shitless they're about to lose him. I wasn't convinced they werent that worried about having to let him go but today proved otherwise. He's hanging on by a thread and the NCAA has his future hanging in the balance.

We've been in some dire straights before but never anything like this. 28 violations across 4 coaching staffs over a period of 3 years. Their athletic department is about to get slapped like we haven't seen in modern times.

"That's the way you do it: money for nothin', and your chicks for free" - New OM motto?**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAD6Obi7Cag

Harrydawg
05-31-2016, 09:33 PM
They aren't firing anyone because they can't......

Saban fired an assistant as soon as word of wrong doing occurred (really before anyone knew). He did this to protect the program. He was able to do this because the assistant had nothing on him (Saban).

Hugh is not quit so lucky. They cannot fire anyone because of the level and scope of wrong doing......as soon as they smoke someone, they start rolling over........singing. That's the problem here, One for all and all for one.

Mjoelner34
05-31-2016, 09:34 PM
28 violations across 4 coaching staffs over a period of 3 years.

That 28 number is a little misleading as is the '13' for football. Football alone has around 70 allegations spread out over their 13 different violations. In other words, multiple occurrences of a violation or multiple 'mistakes' that are punishable within each violation.

CadaverDawg
05-31-2016, 10:05 PM
Thought he said on PAWWWWL today that he knows everything...effectively contradicting he's completely out of the loop statement from a few weeks ago.

Yep.

Freeze has now said the following, and said both on the same show (Finebaum)...

Week ago - "I am not a part of the fact finding process. I know nothing"

Today - "I know all of the facts"

Schultzy
05-31-2016, 11:58 PM
He knows what's in those 30 or so emails sent to their compliance that OM witheld from Veazey back in 2013; I wonder if the NCAA will get their hands on those.

Liverpooldawg
06-01-2016, 08:14 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the new NCAA rules say he DOES know about it? I think it is immaterial whether he actually did or not.

ScreenCaptureThis
06-01-2016, 08:23 AM
That 28 number is a little misleading as is the '13' for football. Football alone has around 70 allegations spread out over their 13 different violations. In other words, multiple occurrences of a violation or multiple 'mistakes' that are punishable within each violation.

I'm glad someone else realizes this. The violations represent one of a cluster of "mistakes". There's a reason the response is 154 pages; even OM wouldn't need 154 pages to wiggle out of 13 or 28 violations. The multiple instances of these violations, compiled one on top of another, is what's going on.

ShotgunDawg
06-01-2016, 08:26 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the new NCAA rules say he DOES know about it? I think it is immaterial whether he actually did or not.

Yes. "I didn't know" is not an acceptable excuse to the NCAA. Just think of the loopholes that would open.

Frankly, it were actually true that Freeze didn't know, then these sanctions are Ole Miss' punishment for hiring an unqualified candidate as their head football coach.

AlmostPositive
06-01-2016, 08:27 AM
My Bull Mastiff has a better grasp of NCAA recruiting violations than Freeze does, if you believe what he says.

ShotgunDawg
06-01-2016, 08:30 AM
What's happening right now is that only one side can talk. If the NCAA could talk right now, they'd absolutely humiliate Feezus and Bdork, but they can't do that. So your only getting a one sided narrative, unless you listen to Rosebowl, which apparently many main stream media guys don't do.

AlmostPositive
06-01-2016, 08:31 AM
I guess the NCAA lifted the imaginary gag order that Bjork referred to.

DancingRabbit
06-01-2016, 08:56 AM
http://i.imgur.com/mdHEFSW.gif

DancingRabbit
06-01-2016, 08:59 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cj3q-0WWYAAAEGX.jpg

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-01-2016, 09:04 AM
Freeze knows a lot...he's still sitting on those 31 emails from 2013 that they haven't released yet.

BeardoMSU
06-01-2016, 09:14 AM
http://i.imgur.com/mdHEFSW.gif

Nice.

The love fest between Bjork and Freeze was interesting.

I imagine this is how they cuddle back at the office....
https://media.giphy.com/media/l41YdCM8ezLF799Yc/giphy.gif

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-01-2016, 09:14 AM
Nice.

The love fest between Bjork and Freeze was interesting.

I imagine this is how they cuddle back at the office....
https://media.giphy.com/media/l41YdCM8ezLF799Yc/giphy.gif

haha hol-e-shit!!!!!

fishwater99
06-01-2016, 09:32 AM

Where can I get a link to this 70 allegations number...

Mjoelner34
06-01-2016, 09:38 AM

Check your PMs

dotcomdawg
06-01-2016, 11:31 PM

1. Player loaned 2012 Nissan Titan at no charge.
2. Player loaned 2004 Tahoe at no charge.
3. Player loaned 2008 Nissan Armada at no charge.
4. Player loaned 2013 Chevy Impala at no charge.
5. Player made car purchase listing a down payment that was never made. Ultimately considered interest free loan.
6. Player given $800 in cash.
7. 12 counts of free lodging during 7/2013 and 5/2014
8. Two more counts of free lodging 6/7-8, 2013
9. Three more counts of free loading to attend football games 10/2013 - 11/2013
10. One more count of free lodging March 8, 2014
11. Two more counts of free lodging April 4-5, 2014
12. Another night of free lodging May 10, 2014
13. Three more nights of free lodging May 25-27, 2014
14. OM assistant coach Chris Kiffin alleged of providing two nights of lodging at is personal residence
15. OM assistant coach Chris Kiffin alleged to have arranged for meals for a recruit's extended family members*
16. OM assistant coach Chris Kiffin alleged to have arranged lodging for a recruit's extended family members.
17. OM assistant coach Chris Kiffin alleged to have had improper in person contact with a recruit at their high school.
18. A booster is alleged to have assisted in the recruitment of four players.
19. OM assistant coach Maurice Harris alleged to have knowledge of the booster's involvement and alleged to have facilitated the involvement.
20. OM assistant coach Maurice Harries alleged to have arranged improper benefits for two of the four recruits.*
21. October 13, 2012 booster alleged to have provided transportation for recruits to and from football game and all parties received meal.
22. November 10, 2012 booster alleged to have provided transportation for recruits to and from football game and all parties received meal.
23. November 24, 2012 booster alleged to have provided transportation for recruits to and from football game and all parties received meal.
24. Booster alleged to have contacted a recruit's mother at Coach Maurice Harris' instruction.
25. Coach Hugh Freeze alleged to have attended an in home visit with Coach Maurice Harris and a booster. *Freeze alleged to have had contact with booster during visit.
26. In December of 2012, booster alleged to have paid recruit's phone bill.
27. In December of 2012, booster alleged to have paid recruit's mother's phone bill.
28. January of 2013, booster alleged to have provided transportation, tickets and meals' to Ole Miss bowl game with Coach Maurice Harris' knowledge
29. Coach Maurice Harris alleged to have arranged improper contact with recruit at team hotel.
30. Booster alleged to have contacted a recruit's mother at Coach Maurice Harris' instruction
31. January of 2013, booster alleged to have provided transportation for recruit's mother and sister to attend unofficial visit to Ole Miss.
32. January 18-19, 2013 Coach Maurice Harris alleged to have arranged free lodging for recruit's family members
33. January 20, 2013 booster alleged to have provided transportation for prospects to Coach Hugh Freeze's residence.
34. January 20, 2013 mother and sister allegedly provided meals at Freeze's residence.
35. January 26, 2013 booster alleged to have provided transportation for recruit to campus with Coach Maurice Harris' knowledge
36. January 27, 2013 booster alleged to have provided transportation for recruit.*
37. January 30, 2013 booster alleged to have hosted Coach Maurice Harris, a recruit and their family at his home.
38. February 2-3, 2013 booster alleged to have provided transportation for recruit for visit to campus
39. February 2, 2013 Coach Maurice Harris alleged to have arranged free lodging for booster who provided transportation. Ole Miss assistant Coach Chris Kiffin alleged to have been present upon booster's arrival
40. March 24, 2013 booster alleged to have provided transportation for recruits to attend Ole Miss baseball game.
41. 2012-2013 it is alleged that a recruit received improper academic assistance allegedly with Coach Hugh Freeze and Coach Maurice Harris' knowledge.
42. $510 of Ole Miss clothing allegedly provided to recruit
43. It is alleged that a recruiting video was produced with recruits wearing the school's logo. This production alleged took place with Coach Hugh Freeze's knowledge.
44. Former OM assistant Chris Vaughn is alleged to have instructed three recruits to take the ACT at Wayne County and to not answer any questions on the test that they did not know the answers as part of an attempt to cheat on the test.
45. Former OM staffer David Saunders is alleged to have arranged for the three prospects to take the test in Wayne County and alleged to have arranged for their tests to be altered to receive fraudulent scores.
46. Those players were found eligible, received aid and some*were members of the Ole Miss football team from 2010 through 2014 and competed in athletic contests.
47. It is alleged that former Ole Miss staff members David Saunders and Chris Vaughn arranged for an Ole Miss booster to provide housing, meals and transportation for five recruits in the summer of 2010. (Ed Center)
46. Saunders is alleged to have arranged the same benefits for a sixth recruit. (Ed Center)
47. Ole Miss assistant coach Derrick Nix is alleged to have taken part in arranging benefits for the sixth recruit. (Ed Center)
48. It is alleged that former Ole Miss staffer Chris Vaughn lied to the NCAA enforcement staff and alleged to have contacted other witnesses in the case despite being told not to.
49. It is alleged that former Ole Miss staffer David Saunders lied to the NCAA enforcement staff.

Reason2succeed
06-01-2016, 11:45 PM
Great work. Dang, thats a summary and it's still a bunch.

What jumps out to me is how 21-39 follow perfectly with the recruiting calendar all the way up until signing day. I guess that was just a "mistake".

Also, if my eyes don't deceive me I see Coach Hugh Freeze's name more than once which flies in the face of the whole "I didn't know anything about it" or OM fan's "Coach Freeze isn't named in it" lies.

The last thing that I notice is that the latest date that I see in this summary is May 2014. I know some of the loaner car stuff could have been more recent with Tunsil but it still leaves a full two years unaccounted for up to now. Has OM been able to keep everything under wraps for the last two years or is there another litany of "mistakes" that are about the drop?

Dawgology
06-02-2016, 07:50 AM
Great work. Dang, thats a summary and it's still a bunch.

What jumps out to me is how 21-39 follow perfectly with the recruiting calendar all the way up until signing day. I guess that was just a "mistake".

Also, if my eyes don't deceive me I see Coach Hugh Freeze's name more than once which flies in the face of the whole "I didn't know anything about it" or OM fan's "Coach Freeze isn't named in it" lies.

The last thing that I notice is that the latest date that I see in this summary is May 2014. I know some of the loaner car stuff could have been more recent with Tunsil but it still leaves a full two years unaccounted for up to now. Has OM been able to keep everything under wraps for the last two years or is there another litany of "mistakes" that are about the drop?

There is a second NOA or, more likely if the extension is granted, and addendum that will cover early 2014 to present. NCAA basically opened up a second investigation that was not completed by the time the first NOA was being ironed out. No idea when the second shoe will drop. I would imagine not until 2017.

Political Hack
06-03-2016, 10:00 PM
Holy crap. I can't read all that. It would take a week. No wonder Ole Miss asked for an extension. Holy hell they should've gotten two. That's the longest list of allegations I've ever seen in anything.

Been busy, but didn't see this mentioned in other threads yet. But --------> Extra, Extra, Read all about it, SCORTCHED Ole Miss right here: http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/baylor-ole-miss-prove-too-good-to-be-true-rule/ar-BBtOe78

M.Fillmore
06-03-2016, 10:26 PM
I like the article. I love this part.

The Rebels were a powerhouse program in the '50s and early '60 under Johnny Vaught in the segregated South. They came close to winning the national championship three times...But that's ancient history.

By firing Briles, Baylor has decided that it must risk blowing up the football team to save whatever integrity is left of the Christian private school.

Ole Miss, on the other hand, decided to self-impose laughably lenient penalties that include no postseason bans and a reduction of only 11 scholarships over four years. Check that -- it did impose a postseason ban, but it's on the women's basketball team.

sandwolf
06-03-2016, 10:38 PM
Been busy, but didn't see this mentioned in other threads yet. But --------> Extra, Extra, Read all about it, SCORTCHED Ole Miss right here: http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/baylor-ole-miss-prove-too-good-to-be-true-rule/ar-BBtOe78

There is sooo much win in this article....

But that's ancient history. Until Hugh Freeze arrived in 2012, the Rebels last had a 10-win season in 1971. Just like Briles, Freeze is a former high school coach who nearly instantly transformed the program. He reeled in top recruits and turned Ole Miss into a formidable presence in the cut-throat SEC West. The Rebels beat Alabama in consecutive seasons in 2014 and '15 and made it to a New Year's Six Bowl game in each.

It is now obvious that neither program was able to find such sudden success without cutting corners. At Baylor, it was shielding players with questionable character even in the face of serious allegations. At Ole Miss, it was rampant NCAA violations that include (but not limited to) providing players impermissible benefits and arranging for fraudulent ACT tests.

Ole Miss, on the other hand, decided to self-impose laughably lenient penalties that include no postseason bans and a reduction of only 11 scholarships over four years. Check that -- it did impose a postseason ban, but it's on the women's basketball team.

If the NCAA accepts this farce, then cheating at major conference football program not only won't be curbed, but will proliferate. In 2012, Miami was hit with a nine-scholarship reduction over three years after having self-imposed a two-year bowl ban. It would be unthinkable that the Rebels would be allowed to carry on without some sort of postseason sanctions.

Political Hack
06-03-2016, 10:56 PM
There is sooo much win in this article....

Yeah. the most scathing article yet.

RocketDawg
06-04-2016, 01:49 PM
Holy crap. I can't read all that. It would take a week. No wonder Ole Miss asked for an extension. Holy hell they should've gotten two. That's the longest list of allegations I've ever seen in anything.

That list, best I can tell by just scanning, doesn't have anything about the "signing bonuses" that they're rumored to pay out. And the rumors are almost certainly true, at least to an extent.

archdog
06-04-2016, 02:12 PM

Yep. UM folks can't add for shit. #jokeengineeringschool

archdog
06-04-2016, 02:30 PM

Yep. UM folks can't add for shit. #jokeengineeringschool

Dolphus Raymond
06-04-2016, 02:40 PM
I have alluded to this a few times and will again. If the above referenced "charges" involved MSU rather than Ole Miss, I would dig a hole, bury myself, and not emerge for a couple of years. Despite it all, the Ole Miss fandom is hanging in there like a good set of nuts. A tip of my hat to them.

Dawgowar
06-04-2016, 02:45 PM
I can see them at their alumni meetings. "Hey Chip! You know Theodore and his wife sponsored the kids that got us allegation number 38 - I had number 42 and it cost way more than theirs! I am a good Bear indeed.......what do you mean they aren't accepting our self-imposed......"