PDA

View Full Version : MSU is Toughest Regional by average RPI

Coldsleeve Jr.
05-31-2016, 08:57 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26635632/File%20May%2031%2C%207%2054%2057%20PM.png

Irondawg
05-31-2016, 09:35 PM
so how exactly does that happen when one is a national seed?

djaymsu5
05-31-2016, 09:43 PM
Yea we got the shaft. We will just have to kick ass and take names like we did all year.

msstate7
05-31-2016, 09:44 PM
While that's true, it's a little deceiving... La tech, semo state, and CSF are all right there together in rpi which keeps the avg high. I haven't checked, but I bet we have one of lowest rated 2-seeds

Commercecomet24
05-31-2016, 10:08 PM
While that's true, it's a little deceiving... La tech, semo state, and CSF are all right there together in rpi which keeps the avg high. I haven't checked, but I bet we have one of lowest rated 2-seeds

This is true. CSF is overrated due to west coast baseball being extremely mediocre this year. I believe la tech might be better than csf. At this point everybody is good and you just have to produce. All of these teams would be in bottom third of the sec. I got confidence our guys are gonna ball out from here on out. They're on a mission!

ScreenCaptureThis
06-01-2016, 08:51 AM

This is very true. Use Louisville's regional as an example. Western Michigan is 217 in RPI. That's going to skyrocket your average. Meanwhile, TCU's 4 seed has an RPI of 59 (Oral Roberts), and ours is 45 (SEMO ST).

And as another poster stated, CSF is 42, La Tech is 31. So our RPIs are 11, 42, 31, and 59. By comparison, Texas Tech's regional RPIs are: 14, 22, 49 and 182.

maroonmania
06-01-2016, 08:55 AM
This is true. CSF is overrated due to west coast baseball being extremely mediocre this year. I believe la tech might be better than csf. At this point everybody is good and you just have to produce. All of these teams would be in bottom third of the sec. I got confidence our guys are gonna ball out from here on out. They're on a mission!

Let's just hope they have no trouble breaking out of the Hoover funk. Never good when you play 3 games and commit as many errors (8) as runs scored (8).

State82
06-01-2016, 09:08 AM
Let's just hope they have no trouble breaking out of the Hoover funk. Never good when you play 3 games and commit as many errors (8) as runs scored (8).

I'll bet all my vcash that doesn't happen again.

AlmostPositive
06-01-2016, 09:22 AM
We have a pretty easy path to Omaha if we play up to our abilities. After that, we'd need some luck.

Coldsleeve Jr.
06-01-2016, 09:51 AM
I don't think it's misleading at all. It's what makes our regional more difficult. Our game 1 opponent has the highest rpi of any host, national seed or otherwise.

SE Mizz St rpi - 54. Next closest #4 seed is #64 and that's Oral Roberts. So technically speaking, our first opponent is better than a team that beat us midweek this year.

To put in perspective the avg rpi of all 16 #4 seeds is #123. SE Mizz St's rpi is 128% higher than avg #4 seed.

msstate7
06-01-2016, 09:53 AM
I don't think it's misleading at all. It's what makes our regional more difficult. Our game 1 opponent has the highest rpi of any host, national seed or otherwise.

SE Mizz St rpi - 54. Next closest #4 seed is #64 and that's Oral Roberts. So technically speaking, our first opponent is better than a team that beat us midweek this year.

To put in perspective the avg rpi of all 16 #4 seeds is #123. SE Mizz St's rpi is 128% higher than avg #4 seed.

Check that again on Saturday when hosts play 2 or 3 seeds

Coldsleeve Jr.
06-01-2016, 09:56 AM
Check that again on Saturday when hosts play 2 or 3 seeds

Any other hosts debating whether to throw their ace game 1? If we were playing an rpi 130 team, Hudson and likely not Sexton would be in the conversation for game 1.

Other hosts will pitch their 3 or 4 game 1, then have 1 and 2 for the tougher matchups.

msstate7
06-01-2016, 10:09 AM
Any other hosts debating whether to throw their ace game 1? If we were playing an rpi 130 team, Hudson and likely not Sexton would be in the conversation for game 1.

Other hosts will pitch their 3 or 4 game 1, then have 1 and 2 for the tougher matchups.

Om is facing a good pitcher and the pac12 champs.

If we need Hudson to beat semo state, we're in huge trouble. I like facing a decent team game 1... We see decent pitching instead of garbage that could mess up our swings

ScreenCaptureThis
06-01-2016, 10:46 AM
Om is facing a good pitcher and the pac12 champs.

If we need Hudson to beat semo state, we're in huge trouble. I like facing a decent team game 1... We see decent pitching instead of garbage that could mess up our swings

Exactly! And to Coldsleeve Jr., we lost to Oral Roberts while throwing a mid-week barrage of James, Cyr, Houston, Hughes, Padgett, Young, Rigby, and Humphreys at them. Also, Mangum was a PH at this point in the season. I don't think that constitutes the fear and panic of some, particularly as Captain Tinker was at his peak tinkering mode between the Eastern Ky and ORU games.

Jack Lambert
06-01-2016, 10:51 AM

Well those CSF fans are pretty sure they will win it and we are racist hicks.

bulldogcountry1
06-01-2016, 11:00 AM
At first glance it looks like we got screwed, but none of those teams can match our depth. None of them played in a good conference, so that skews the numbers. Plus, it's unlikely that we will have to face all the teams.

maroonmania
06-01-2016, 11:15 AM
Well those CSF fans are pretty sure they will win it and we are racist hicks.

Yea, they probably think they are playing the Mississippi State Rebels since nobody outside of the South seems to know the difference anyway.**