PDA

View Full Version : Summer Leagues

RBritt
05-31-2016, 03:45 PM
Do any baseball gurus know where our guys are going to be playing at this summer?

msstate7
05-31-2016, 03:46 PM
Mangum to cape is all I know for sure

RBritt
05-31-2016, 04:01 PM
Also are all bama signees free game? I know a kid from prcc signed with them

Todd4State
05-31-2016, 04:41 PM
Also are all bama signees free game? I know a kid from prcc signed with them

No. If they signed they have to go to Bama unless something weird happens like Jarrod Parks intentionally not qualifying for Tulane so that we could pick him up after Polk left and Cohen took over.

RBritt
05-31-2016, 04:42 PM
So you can do that in basketball and football but not baseball?

Todd4State
05-31-2016, 04:55 PM
Mangum to cape is all I know for sure

We are going to set a record for players going to the Cape. And most are rising sophomores. Small, Breaux, Trysten Barlow, Elih Marrero, Mangum as you said, Gridley, Pilkington, Rooker, Jared Padgett, Ryan Rigby are all slated to play there this summer. Luke Alexander is going to have surgery and be off otherwise I suspect he would be there too.

Cody Brown is going to play for the Bethesda Big Train in the Cal Ripken League.

Harrison Bragg who is a JUCO transfer is going to play for the San Luis Obispo Blues of the California Summer League.

That's all I've got for now.

Todd4State
05-31-2016, 04:57 PM
So you can do that in basketball and football but not baseball?

I'm sure that they would have to ask Bama to let them out of their LOI, which to me doesn't make them free game until Bama actually agrees to let them out of the LOI.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
05-31-2016, 07:28 PM
I believe Stovall is going to California also. Maybe San Luis as well.

BorneDawg
05-31-2016, 08:14 PM
Luke could a gone to Cape but was going to go to west coast (more playing time) but now its all off cause of surgery.......

state66
05-31-2016, 08:19 PM
Why havent we put luke down for surgery already? Unless were keeping him just in case stoval and holland get hurt.

BorneDawg
05-31-2016, 08:35 PM
Think that's the case. When he hit that ball the other night he said it hurt very much! I think he should have done had it. It makes it very hard to field and bat. He's tough as nails but the injury has affected him a lot

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
05-31-2016, 08:43 PM
I've forgotten but how did Luke hurt himself?

AlSwearengen
05-31-2016, 09:04 PM
Did bama's coach resign/get fired and I missed it?

BorneDawg
05-31-2016, 09:11 PM
I've forgotten but how did Luke hurt himself?

Got hit by ball earlier in the season and broke a bone in hand. They miss it on early scans but found it later. It's the same bone Collins broke

Todd4State
05-31-2016, 10:02 PM
Did bama's coach resign/get fired and I missed it?

Yes. He resigned when they missed the NCAA's.

baseballfan
06-02-2016, 05:28 PM
We are going to set a record for players going to the Cape. And most are rising sophomores. Small, Breaux, Trysten Barlow, Elih Marrero, Mangum as you said, Gridley, Pilkington, Rooker, Jared Padgett, Ryan Rigby are all slated to play there this summer. Luke Alexander is going to have surgery and be off otherwise I suspect he would be there too.

Cody Brown is going to play for the Bethesda Big Train in the Cal Ripken League.

Harrison Bragg who is a JUCO transfer is going to play for the San Luis Obispo Blues of the California Summer League.

That's all I've got for now.

Barlow Small Breaux are going to the Cape. Not sure about the others.