PDA

View Full Version : True or false: Art Briles has already been contacted by Archie

TStationDawg
05-31-2016, 03:29 PM
Wouldn't put it past em

Dallas_Dawg
05-31-2016, 03:31 PM
False. Ain't nobody going near Briles. See Jim Tressel

Mjoelner34
05-31-2016, 03:32 PM
False but Archie has probably been inquiring about the availability of Joel Osteen.

AlmostPositive
05-31-2016, 03:37 PM
Briles and Jerry Sandusky are the only two coaches in America who would get more doors slammed in their face than Rev Freeze.

TrapGame
05-31-2016, 03:38 PM
Hugh better be counting his lucky stars that there isn't sexual abuse allegations against any of his players being uncovered by the NCAA. He would be gone over that in a heart beat.

Dawgfan77
05-31-2016, 03:41 PM
Hugh better be counting his lucky stars that there isn't sexual abuse allegations against any of his players being uncovered by the NCAA. He would be gone over that in a heart beat.

Umm they did sign a kid with an abuse charge. Don't forget Kimchee beating up the frat guy.

TrapGame
05-31-2016, 03:49 PM
Umm they did sign a kid with an abuse charge. Don't forget Kimchee beating up the frat guy.

Not to the level of Baylor. If Freeze covered up rape allegations against a star player he'd be gone.

Reason2succeed
05-31-2016, 03:52 PM
Speaking of Tressel he might be a name they go after. Sweater vests would be welcomed in Oxford and you know he's cool with the network.

Mjoelner34
05-31-2016, 03:56 PM
Speaking of Tressel he might be a name they go after. Sweater vests would be welcomed in Oxford and you know he's cool with the network.

I still think Neuheisel is the perfect fit. Plus, he has stated that he wants back into coaching. Although, the sweater vest and previous show-cause may give Tressel a leg up in the contest.

msstate7
05-31-2016, 04:02 PM

Lord, I hope they don't get tressel. He's a president of a university so I doubt it anyway

Reason2succeed
05-31-2016, 04:30 PM
Lord, I hope they don't get tressel. He's a president of a university so I doubt it anyway

All those positions may be open at OM soon.

jumbo
05-31-2016, 04:44 PM
It's going to be a while before Briles is coaching again, if ever.

Jack Lambert
05-31-2016, 04:46 PM
I think Auburn has him on their radar.

Johnson85
05-31-2016, 05:01 PM
Not to the level of Baylor. If Freeze covered up rape allegations against a star player he'd be gone.

I am guessing that what Brile's actually did won't look as bad when/if it all comes to light. Maybe I am being naive (certainly I was with respect to Penn State), but surely the Waco police were not helping cover up what they believed to be credible rape accusations. Not that it's not bad to shut down an investigation early because of subjective judgments, but surely there were some real credibility issues with the person that came forward and/or her story, and they didn't end an investigation into an accusation that they thought was credible.

Liverpooldawg
05-31-2016, 05:12 PM
I am guessing that what Brile's actually did won't look as bad when/if it all comes to light. Maybe I am being naive (certainly I was with respect to Penn State), but surely the Waco police were not helping cover up what they believed to be credible rape accusations. Not that it's not bad to shut down an investigation early because of subjective judgments, but surely there were some real credibility issues with the person that came forward and/or her story, and they didn't end an investigation into an accusation that they thought was credible.
Read the book "Friday Night Lights". Baylor was pretty much "all in" even back then.

Really Clark?
05-31-2016, 05:33 PM

Actually, it is bad for Briles. He had his coaches and staff try to keep the accusations in house within the football program. Interviewing the accusers and/or their parents, impede investigations, even going as far as being hostile with at least one accuser, and overstepping university and federal protocol to handle any discipline with accused players internally with the "violation of team rules" blanket to hide the true reasoning. Used the same reason to dismiss players and actually help facilitate transfers without notification to the new school. And this was from the report of the law firm the university hired to do an independent review. This doesn't even address the criminal side of things. He is toxic.